2021 - Week 9: New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts (Thursday Night Game)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 31, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2021.
  1. Jets

56.5%
  2. Colts

43.5%
  1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

the COLTS went to OT and LOST...
    The amount of pressure on them for this game is as Bernie says HUUUUUGHE!
    I like Wentz but he's feelin some heat too.
    If we play smart, any given sunday.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. With Mosely this D is competent. Without him, they have been awful. I think if you couple that with Mike White hitting the easy passes and moving the chains early, we may have a shot.

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the 2 wins were, so.... 40% entertaining?

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Shocked and happy that we won last week. I expect the Colts to do everything they can to shut down the short passing game this week. Since the Jets never really let us enjoy nice things, I expect the Colts to win on Thursday.
    Colts 30 Jets 16
    Hopefully I'm very wrong.

ouchy likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Something about M White says "steady"

So there will be no panic here on Thursday night with these Jets

Gut says I foresee a close game because the players will want White to succeed and LaFleur liking his booth

Team that wants it most gets the W here imo

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This is a winnable game... who have the Colts beaten?... Dolphins... Texans... the 3-4 mediocre 49ers...
    The Titans beat the Colts 2X... and we have beat the Titans... with our SHITTY quarterback!

I realize we don't travel well... but the Colts are coming off a tough overtime loss on a short week.
    We have the momentum going into this game.

We've beaten 2 of the top AFC teams already... and now we have Mr. White!!!

I'm putting down money on us to win... and make the over!

Who's with me?

ouchy and ConcordeChops like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Neither team is good. The Colts are the better “not good”.

Statistically, the Jets are ugly across the board. They give up almost 2x the amount of points they score (and no, we don’t get to throw out the NE game). They give up 400+ yards a game. They’re starting their backup QB (which could, sadly, be the better option at the moment).

Both teams are 2-2 over the last 4 but the Jets are coming off of a big win at home. Will they have the energy for a repeat on a short week? Will Mike White have an encore performance at the expense of the Colts? Or will the Jets make the highlights because the defense started dancing right before giving up a 3rd and long that would lead to a game winning scoring drive for the Colts?

Tune in Thursday for the exciting conclusion to “those 3 nice days on TGG”.

HomeoftheJets and ouchy like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I picked the Jets because I read some Jets fan from NJ put a $1,000 on the Jets in Atlantic City that White would throw for more yards than any other QB this past Sunday. The odds were 125-1.

The guy won $125,000. In reality I don't think that the Jets win, but but I liked that story so much so I went with it.

Brook! likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think this game will be on the defense. We need a couple early three and outs and get the offense into a rhythm. We need to play with a lead not be down by two TD's early.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm going to predict the Colts blowing out the Jets. Since I'm always wrong, this will help the Jets win!

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I predict I'll be getting a call from my buddy. His son returns kicks for the Colts and plays specials.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let's hope your buddy isn't in the best of moods when he calls :D

14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I vote Jets to win!

One of those games I will be watching from under the bed with my hands over my eyes.

It will be close…

jaywayne12 and Brook! like this.
  15. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Feels that last weekend we were playing at about 95% and needed a little bit of luck in regards to some calls and plays at the right time to just beat out a team that barely turned up. As long as we are within the spread come the 4th then I consider that (this season at least) as hopeful.

Then again my inner-Jet bi-polarism is strong coming off the Bengals so White will throw for 500 Yards, 4 TD's (to go with our 2 rushing touchdowns) and our super-D will shut the Colts out aside from a late FG they kick to avoid the shut-out.

or

CJ pulls a hamstring, Next series sees White knocked out of the game after a decent start to be replaced by Flacco and we never pass the halfway line again all game (apart from one deep shot to Mims to keep that convo going) as the Colts drop 50 on us in front of a national audience.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay has another video for the game.

Please take a look folks. If you enjoy as much as I do, that means he is on the right path.

17. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Can’t believe after last weeks showing that we still have over 50 percent of the board against us. What you saw was a masterclass in coaching and now we get to have the white lights come to a dome!??!

Woody and Chris both always know what to say before the game in a primetime spot . I literally get goosebumps when the nyj twitter feed shows Chris walking out of the tunnel a few hours before game time and is shaking the other execs hands and shit.

Carson Wentz is basically Sam Darnold , we are so equipped to handle this that’s it’s almost comical. I am going to be in tears laughing when the Thursday night panel of experts picks that goober to beat us. If you have a home bet it on the jets. If you listened to me last week you would have came out quite handsomely .

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry my friend. As a season ticket holder, I will vote against Jets until they win back to back games.

ouchy likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100...

I could see some "fans" seeing the Titans game as an anomaly... a fluke... a lucky win.
    But beating the Bengals is no joke...they're a good team. They whooped the Colts the week before.

That's two strong AFC teams we've beaten... we were predicted to win two games all year.
    The Colts have beaten the Dolphins, Texans and 49er's... three crap teams with a 5-18 record between them.

We've won against two tough AFC teams... I think this game is very winnable... fuck that "looking good while losing" shit.

I made some nice coin betting on a Jets win last Sunday... and I'ma do it again tomorrow night.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We beat Cincinnati with 3 turnovers, 2 of which put the Bengals within our 30 yard line.

Don't turn the ball over, sustain some drives on offense , and don't give up any massive plays on defense. Do that and we'll see what happens.

Brook! likes this.