Mike White. Hidden Gem? Question mark...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IIMeanDeanII, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

500 yards of offense.

I could get used to that very easily.

Lam

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

PG....true story. When they showed the replay of the helmet to helmet..i kind of cringed and watching the game by myself I just spoke back at the T.V. announcers and said..where were you guys last week when our qb almost had his career ended.
    On the next play you figure the refs would make up for it when they saw him on the ground and no flag again, even though it was borderline...but the first hit was horrible no matter what the outside the pocket rules are.

So truthfully? I had no problem with the call. Screw them.

Excellent point about keeping White around. With a million second options floating all over the league and outside the league, they have been very loyal to this kid. Even when explaining no need for a veteran. Another crazy thing Saleh said in press conference that kind perked up my ears when asked why Lafleur was upstairs. He said we didn't feel like we needed it. Huh? Then said something like Cavanagh was there blah blah...but they have kept saying Lafleur stayed downstairs because that's what Zach wanted...and poof....Lafleur goes upstairs for the other guy.

Great breakdown of your study on the other stuff about White...its something that might just blow away...or something that might have a writer write something like this article that just appeared at the NY POST:
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/31/jets-right-to-leave-door-open-on-dream-mike-white-scenario/

Brook!, Pepsiguy5 and coloradojet like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Are ya ready for this?

Some low round guy the Giants picked up in the 1980s named Phil Simms came from Morehead State a little college also in Kentucky ..

Just saying:rolleyes:

Brook!, boozer32 and jaywayne12 like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

1. Zach is a work in progress for sure... but there's not one thing Mike White did today that is outside Zach's skillset... but there are things he can do that White can't. You roll with Mike and work Zach into the offensive system... his arm talent alone is special... he needs to wrap his head around the pro game.

2. Agree that the coaching and culture is better than the Gase era... but the defense is still giving up too many yards and too many points.
    They've got like one fluky interception... no turnovers... and no scores. We can't give up 30 pts. per game and expect to be competitive.
    The defensive is driven by the front 4... they've got to step it up.

3. White sure did look good... and I get the feeling the players really like him and play like it.

4. I'm not a big fan of the "bend don't break" philosophy... as shown in the games against the Falcons and Pats it's too easy to exploit zones.
    Atlanta had 450 yds. with 28 1st downs... the Pats nailed us for 550 yds. and 32 1st downs... both beat us in time of possession.
    Today we flipped the script in those three categories... but we still gave up 31 points.
    The turnover ratio is galling... that's a problem.

I think this was a bigger win for the fanbase... it showed that the coaches and players are capable of putting 4 quarters of competitive football together against a very good team.

The win was the cherry on top.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You know AC watched Saleh give out the game ball to White and I was kind of really shocked. I mean, he talked about the players helping him all week and then the players reaction to him getting the game ball?
    It was over the top. Like they really did like him a lot.

6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Phil Simms was a 1st round pick. He went 7th overall in 1979.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Pugh I hope not! Keep playing White until he shows he can’t do it…once ZW is ready there will be a decision to make, but White looked like a QB who is comfortable in the system…making quick throws….maybe good for ZW to sit and watch how the offense should be executed…

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Houston we have a problem. If White wins a few more games do we go back to Wilson? The fan already has anointed White as the chosen one and he looked like he was ready for that title. Even the play calling looked different why couldn't Lafleur do that with Wilson?

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I wonder if JD is getting calls for Mike White.

dmw likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Joe Flacco did not look very stoked at Mike Whites performance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#170 Acad23, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    MoWilkBeast and abyzmul like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So given Mike Whites college stats transposed back to 1979 he would be 1st rounder too? Not sure

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

favre didn't know what "nickel" meant in coverage when he came out of Miss.

Nagle was of similar knowledge.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He looked awesome. And I agree with others that the players seemed extra juiced up for him. You keep rolling with White until proven otherwise. And that’s a strong until

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Saleh mentioned those plays early in the game all were designed to get big plays out of them but White did a good job of checking down and giving what the defense gave him. Bengals were playing way off the receivers for most that game though for some reason so gotta credit White for knowing and going with what the defense gave him.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

only peaceful riot of course......we'll only burn and loot about half florham park.

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

Salehs answer to the question about Mike White taking over long term was very interesting

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Very - I heard that as (hope) he'll roll with Mike White if he continues playing at such a high level.

IIMeanDeanII and BrowningNagle like this.
  18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is for sure going to be a Jets trivia question at some point in the near future.

"Who was the 2nd NYJ QB to throw for 400+ yards in the 2000's?"

To which, I'll happily respond, Mike f-ing White!!

Pepsiguy5, Brook! and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I re-watched a Youtube video of all of Zach Wilson's throws vs. Coastal Carolina. He looked like a different QB than we've seen on the Jets. He was confident, decisive, accurate, in charge. He mixed long throws, middle of the field throws and check-downs. So far, as QB on the Jets, it's a different story.

20. BrowningNagle

that tends to happen when you play against the Denver Broncos instead of the Boise St. Broncos