Fire Sale

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

joe... as your supervisor here at TGG Inc....I've noticed your performance has fallen off dramatically and you've taken some unexplained leave of absences.

I hereby direct you to take advantage of our suicid....err... our Wellness Pod that the management has kindly provided for your well being.

Please use your time inside to focus on what's really important... your job performance.:mad:

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Amazon hiring practices.

Why the fuck are we talking about this again?

IDFjet and REVISion like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

'Cause the Jets suck?

4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I sympathize with your thought and believe it is a rational line of decision making, but i disagree. I want to keep him. If he can stay healthy he will be a beast.

Gotham Green, ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. barfolomew

Horrifically true. I dont want this team to go to bezos. I would be ok with cuban owning it. Doubt he wants it though. What about you guys? Who would you have be the new owner?

6. barfolomew

I loved demario davis, can't believe we let him go. Actually i can, we are the fucking jets.

BacktoQueens and ouchy like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nope - wrong again Joe. Ralebird deals in facts:

Jobs at Amazon

Joe, on the other hand, deals in anecdotes, opinions, drama and bullshit.

8. abyzmul

Somebody that has a fucking clue about the NFL would be a good start.

Cman68, barfolomew and stinkyB like this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no you arent, but teams need good players.. he got rid of the good players and replaced them with dog shit. if you have decent players who want to play somewhere you build around them. nobody wanted to play for the last coach because he was a fucking psycho, nobody wants to play for the team at this point for some reason. so the team gets worse and worse every fucking year. great plan.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

As long as we don’t have to watch that commercial about the guy from Amazon who wanted to become a nurse. It’s painful at this point

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

well, to be fair..... the way the JETS have fucked us for 50 years, a JETS logo on Bezo's flying space dildo would seem pretty appropriate..... *

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m on board. However, It seems to me that while we are very good at trading high paying assets for decent pick value in return, we are quite bad at hitting with a good draft selection for the pick we got.

legler82 and mrjet80 like this.
  13. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

If.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Nick Bellore has had quite a long career as a STer. Kudos to him.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This will be a good draft to have several second and third round picks - not too many blue chippers but a lot of really good players. The Jets - if they made the proper selections- can really make up a lot of ground in adding talent.

LAJet likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Amazon treats their employees like shit (I'm sure they do) and are upset about it, needs to cancel their membership.

They're treated like shit so you can get your paper towels the next day. If you want better conditions, wait a week for em.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Liked him the first time, loved him the 2nd time.

FWIW, most jets fans were hating on him the first time as he was taking improper angles a bit much--so this is an example of the fans getting what they wanted and it still was fucking dumb.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. abyzmul

If you think the people who deliver your Amazon packages are mistreated, just wait to see how badly treated the people making your football jerseys are.

jets_fan, stinkyB, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You cited one individual person ("a guy I know") as the foundation of your unscientific, Ralebird-centric (i.e. self-absorbed) claim.

I cited the New York Times source (featuring an Amazon African-American worker getting the shaft). Stay on point - why not an Amazon response to the NYT source at hand? Amazon can post https://hiring.amazon.com/app?cmpid=SAGOSD3850H8#/jobSearch?isBonus=1 but when the NYT takes the side of abused workers you'd rather post a pro forma H.R. piece - the currency of the craven, self-serving, goalpost-shifting weasel that you are.

"Anecdotes?" So this poor African-American woman's plight (and attendant NYT piece) was/is anecdotal in nature?
    "Opinion?" The NYT was not an op-ed piece - it was based on fact.
    "Drama?" Nice strawman. You (with your Montana-sized ego vis-a-vis your pea-sized brain) are the chaffed one here. While I sneer at the weasel in you, I laugh at your self-absorbed makeup.
    "Bullshit?" Me: NYT, facts, beleaguered female African-American Amazon worker. You: emotional displays of 'drama' and desperate claims of 'bullshit'

"Hey Amazon lady, get back to where you once belonged!" - Ralebird
    [​IMG]

Stop lying and I'll stop throwing it in your face.

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Joe, one person's story is an anecdote - that's the meaning of the word. The story in the Times contained an anecdote about the woman (I don't see why her race is relevant - just drama maybe) likewise the tale I told of the driver I knew at Amazon was an anecdote. Why is yours a source and mine is my ego talking? I would suggest that woman has had her payroll problem cleared up by now, so I don't believe her tale is very relevant unless a claim is being made that the company intentionally underpays a large number of its workers rather than when you have a million workers mistakes happen occasionally. I provided you with facts direct from the company in question about pay rates; I don't care what you call them or if you choose to ignore them; they remain facts.

Providing facts is not "lying" even if you don't agree - even if the facts destroy your argument. And really - you're still plugging along with the childish name calling? Grow the fuck up.