Woody is confident in Douglas and Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

He's such a nitwit. What an embarrassment.

SOJAZ, K'OB and REVISion like this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm convinced there's a board of media replies somewhere in that building that everyone is forced to use.

"We had a great week of practice, we just have to execute better" being the one that all coaches are instructed to use after particularly hideous performances.
    And of course, the inept owner who barely cares and knows nothing about football giving his vote of confidence.

These all fall into media-speak 101, and never show any real passion or anger - and there's no room on this dumpster fire of an organization for anyone who isn't angry about the state of it.

NYJetsO12, REVISion and Since1969 like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey man. Woody has been around for 22 years. Osmosis has to count for something.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have my issues with Woody but he is not cheap, he has had no issues spending money on players, GMs and coaches he thought could turn it around.

This administration is going to get the whole year and next year, there is nothing we can do but hope they do turn it around.

Pepsiguy5, apjbfc and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think it's about being cheap. It's always been solely about butts in seats. Not necessarily about winning, or even Jets fans, just overall attendance.

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Just shut up, Woody. I would rather be given the silent treatment than some patronizing statement.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

REVISion, sozopol and PennyandtheJets like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I read there was a Zoom meeting recently with certain owners initiated by Roger Stokoe Goodell whereas he told them to get their shit together.

REVISion and sozopol like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Jets have never had a coach among the top 10 in salaries in Johnson's tenure.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Woody's such a pussy.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have an honest question, and I ask this believing the Woody is nitwit:

What is he doing wrong right now that makes fans demand he sell the team?

He went out and signed one of the most sought after GM candidates in the league. He has allowed him to spend any money he wants and has never said anything publicly against that. There have been zero reports about anything to the contrary.

So real question, this demand for him to sell the team does what exactly and comes from what? What would a new owner do differently that woody has done that would have turned this franchise around?

NYJFOREVER and PJ4Ever like this.
  14. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I wish the WFT investigation was the NYJ investigation just so we had a slight hope of having a new owner--that's the only thing at this point that would give me any enjoyment.

Right now--this team has absolutely nothing going for it--NOTHING

If anything--we are the ones in the wrong by staying fans--unfortunately you can't change your fanhood. At least not true fans. Been suffering since 1997

15. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you have anything to support how sought after Douglas was?

I mean he seemed like he had a good pedigree and all but I think that's a gross exaggeration.

He also fucked up everything with his mandates to keep Rex and trade Revis that lead to guys like George Paton from the Vikings and Eric DeCosta to not even take the phone call back in 2013. He spent millions to hire a firm to hire their buddy Maccagnan who was literally about to get fired and set this franchise back further and further every year.

He left the country and treated the Jets like this is 1947 where he had no way to be involved with the team unless he got Morse code notes and let his brother hire Adam Gase and publicly support him for two years.

And now the team looks worse than when Gase is here.

You're right. What's not to like?

17. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

And here you have it folks. Even the idiotic owner is drinking the kool-aid and thinks this will get turned around. Good to know he is delusional. A second take, is he knows he f#@#d up and just telling the media what they want to hear. Either way, please go away Woody

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Well, it's looking somewhat likely that he hired the wrong GM yet again.

The coaching failures are ultimately on Douglas given that he hired them.

Woody doesn't know anything about how to build a football team. He just gets fooled by whoever the best salesman is every 3 years. I could probably become GM with Woody at the helm if I put together a compelling enough power point presentation.

semperfigreen likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm truly sorry that you have gotten to that point in your thinking about the team. I'm am frustrated and upset as anyone right now, but I can still see all the positives the team has and the potential it has.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

1st: Everything Woody has touched, football & non-football has been a loser and its because he has bad judgment. He wants to be involved in everything and it's to his detriment. He should be hiring a football mind and letting him hire who he wants for HC, letting the guy sign/draft who he wants, letting him paint the locker room how he wants, etc. But no, Woody wants to hire the HC too. Small time stuff like that is why we end up with a GM & coach with conflicting strategies.

2nd,:Woody is not innovative in any way. The Jets are behind the rest of the league. They have a pathetic analytics organization. Other teams, the analytics department is an entire organization in itself. The Jets have a couple guys. More information is better. They should be stockpiling data & information, projecting how football will look in 10 years, how to prevent injuries!. Florham Park should look like google. That's what MLB teams do. It makes its way down to the field. Houston & Atlanta play in the world series tonight, 2 of the largest analytics depts in sports.

3rd: I disagree that he's not cheap. He is very cheap. Again, he's never paid a coach a top 10 salary. He's only paid a top 15 salary once actually, and that was Rex Ryan's extension. We've never had an established coach here either. Not a coincidence. When Andy Reid leaves the Eagles, you need to pay top dollar to get him to come to your team. When Jim Harbaugh is deciding between Michigan or the NFL, he's not going to a to a team that wont pay him among the highest at his profession. Urban Meyer, Sean Payton, Shanahan, etc. they aren't coming to your team for second rate salaries. Which is why none of those guys have came here. Its not just salaries either - earlier I mentioned analytics, injury prevention. That stuff is not cheap. No wonder the Jets is a joke.
    --

This isn't some small market team like the Bengals or the Bills. This is the New York Jets. The Jets owner should be throwing weight around, bullying the league, not unlike the Yankees. Let teams like the Bills & Bengals hire rookie GMs/HCs/OCs and use them as the "Farm team"