Lions better than jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Oct 25, 2021.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I am starting to think the jets may get the #1 pick (for whatever good that will do). I watched the Lions/Rams game yesterday (after the jets debacle). The Lions played damn hard on the road down to the final whistle and almost beat the Rams. The lions lost earlier this year to the Ravens on Tucker's 66 yard field goal as time expired. They also lost on the road to the Vikings on a last -second field goal. Only my opinion, but for those already draft watching for next year, I think the jags and the texans are a bigger threat to the #1 pick for the jets than the winless lions.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I agree. I've seen all the teams with similar records to us play. They all look a lot better than we do.

SOJAZ, Jonathan_Vilma and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I doubt it. lions may not win a game and we are famous for being good in the 2nd half when the season is over. We have a stint of playing 6 bad teams in a row at 1 point. i'm sure we'll win 1 or 2. yeah the lions played well against the rams but we somehow beat the titans who went on to beat buffalo and KC in back to back weeks after that.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets will do their usual thing - if there is someone everyone wants then we will get the #2 pick - if there is no definitive #1 player no-one will trade multiple picks to get we will get the #1 pick

alleycat9, HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

You could change the title of the thread to "[Insert some random high school JV team] better than the Jets" and it would still be a factually correct statement.

tomdeb likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The good news is this year we will own tiebreakers on most teams competing with the easy schedule. The bad news is there is no Trevor Lawrence In this draft.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The other day I think the UTSA Roadrunners were better than the Jets.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Lions are absolutely better than us and I’d give them a better shot to get at least two wins against the Eagles, Vikings, Bears or Falcons than I think we have at winning one game against the rest of our schedule.

9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Lions, Jags, Texans, Miami... the Jets could not beat any of those teams right now. With or without Wilson.

jets_fan likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Lions are massively talent deficient because of the destruction that Patricia did with massive contracts doled out to ex-Patriot retreads. They're similar to us in that fashion.

Except the Lions coaching staff looks like they're coaching to win games and have actually watched film before. Making sure Lamar doesn't kill them on the ground, fake punts and onside kicks versus the Rams, two high safeties against the Vikings without Dalvin, throwing to the runningbacks a million times against the aggressive 9ers linebackers, etc.

Our coaching staff has done none of that.

stinkyB, wewantsapp, JetBlue and 2 others like this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m sure Lions fans are super excited their team is better than the Jets.

alleycat9 and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Texans are still the favorite for the #1 pick, in my opinion. The Lions are pretty good for an (0-7) team, I agree, but the Jets will likely finish with a better record. The Jets won't play as bad as the have the last couple weeks for the final 11 games. They will want to improve and win some games for the young guys, instead of tanking for a #1 pick. Plus they will have many players coming back from injury. Still have the Dolphins twice, Texans, Eagles, and Jaguars on the schedule once Zach Wilson returns too.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Those teams are all licking their chops knowing that a guaranteed win is coming up on the schedule.

14. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

At least the Lions show up and compete every week. I think they are the better team. That's clear.

tomdeb likes this.
  15. REVISion

Forgot one step - if there's a clearly great prospect we'll have a shot at we'll likely win 2 meaningless games to end the season to make sure we don't get them. We are consistently the least pragmatic organization in football.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. REVISion

Compare the Lions vs. the Rams to Saleh kicking field goals when we're down 20 points to our arch rivals. We are pathetic.

JetBlue, Jonathan_Vilma and tomdeb like this.
  17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Every team in the NFL is better than the Jets except maybe the bears.