Refs missed RTP call on ZW

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Oct 24, 2021.

1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

This deserves its own thread. The first one looked atrocious-the league should fine that ref.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

or 2...but It's the JETS...our QB's somehow are the crash test dummies of the NFL every year.

3. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

Need owners that will put pressure on the league for this stuff, but the jets owners couldn't pick out a football in a lineup of sporting equipment

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Honestly, the NFL has a major officiating problem. Every game there are controversial calls/no calls. It's going to happen every playoff game and fans are going to get sick of it.

NFL has easily passed the NBA for poor officiating.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No.

REVISion and Royal Tee like this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

First one was outside the pocket so it’s not RTP. Late hit maybe; dirty tackle definitely but there’s not a call in the books for that.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

They absolutely have. Over half the games every week have a call/no call that has the ramifications that would equal 10 straight bad calls in an NBA game.

#7 JackBower, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  8. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Che
    More often than not it’s not “poor” officiating, it’s CORRUPT officiating. If you think that dope in the NBA who was stupid enough to get caught is the only major sports official to have ‘fixed’ games, then I don’t know what to tell ya…

cval likes this.
  9. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

There is an unnecessary roughness call to make there. That was a dirty hit.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The majority of NBA games I have watched over the past decade of been riddled with blatantly inconsistent officiating across the board, overshadowed by the overt bias toward any player with a shoe deal. They don't even necessarily need to be a "superstar", they just need the right amount of endorsements, I guess.

And you can see the officials controlling the pace of the game with their calls. I've seen a team get hot and then they get called for touch fouls while the struggling team starts getting away with hard fouls, and you can see the teams recognize it as well because the first team plays passively and loses their heat and the second team starts playing much more aggressively in the paint.

Some of the same stuff I have seen happen in the NFL but it doesn't seem as rampant to me. And I don't think the NBA would think too highly of a championship series where both teams weren't helmed by superstars. Who would Jared Goff or Jimmy Garoppolo's equivalents be in the NBA?

NBA is fast becoming sports entertainment. NFL is doing a reasonable job of catching up.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. legler82

Flags aside why did no one on the Jets side lines react or on the field get in that defender’s face over that first hit on Zach? After a dirty hit like that on the QB I would have expected the offensive lineman to be all over that defender. I don’t think Becton would have let that shit slide. That play made me miss Brian Winters. That would have been a guaranteed unsportsmanlike penalty in retaliation.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's what got me pissed... and maybe it says something about the culture of the team.
    This team is does not display any drive or emotion... and that points to bad coaching.

Football at it's core is a game of strength & will... if you lack both you'll get pummeled... just like what happened on the field Sunday against the Patriots.

Saleh can spout all the slogans & cliches on Monday... it don't mean shit when you're getting stomped every Sunday.

13. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

This. The NE guys weren’t out there hunting. One was dirty but was so fast it didn’t seem malicious intent. The fact nobody cared and then they continue to throw 50 on us and we bend over was the worst part. Sadly, they all know how much they suck. Saleh and JD are in over their heads. Could get ugly this time next year.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Goes against what Douglas said in his intro presser about the game being about imposing your will on the other team.

15. legler82

I rewatched that first hit several times. It happened right in front of our sideline. The biggest reaction was a couple guys pointing. It’s just weird.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because the team has adapted the demeanor of its HC. No emotion, no fire.. Just a long flat line leading nowhere fast.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The refs have missed at least 3 roughing calls on Zach Wilson this year.

That's about par for the course for a rookie, a missed RTP call every other game.

Some QB's take a long time to get the veteran ref protections. Lamar Jackson is working on year 4 now and still gets battered around when he is in the pocket.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Which would translate to 100 bad calls in baseball?

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It hasn't because the NBA has made their game unwatchable. The NFL is still watchable but the officiating is awful.

They need to put a replay official in the booth, wired into the head officials ear piece and tell him if they miss anything egregious or called anything egregious. They already added it this year somewhat to avoid long reviews and selectively used it. Why not do it on penalties too?

I'd have to guess we're heading there but it's taking too long. The technology has been there for a decade but I think the NFL likes terrible missed calls sometimes.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

San Francisco needed to assign an assistant to hold onto Saleh to keep him from storming the field; maybe the Jets need to assign a guy to hit him with a cattle prod every now and then.

rickjet and legler82 like this.