What changes if any will be made?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think there is always an assumption that people in high-profile jobs must be really intelligent or good at them. This guy may yet turn out to be a great offensive mind, but seeing what he has done so far doesn't make me think he's any kind of genius, whoever he is compared to.

And to respond to the post you were responding to, there is no doubt that some people on this board could be better coordinators or GMs than the muppets running half the NFL teams... IF they had spent their entire careers in football. Why the reverence for the men who turn out crap teams every year? Why the assumption that they must be good at their job?

REVISion, Ralebird, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with this. The coaches have the exposure and years of immersion in the game but it doesn't mean they have anything upstairs that most of us don't already have.

If everyone in the NFL were some kind of superior mind, we wouldn't see any of the weekly dumbfuckery that we do.

Br4d, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

That's my hope as well. One thing I know for certain is a major reason why the offense is faltering is due to the constant liability at RG....

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A surgeon who kills half his patients is a way better surgeon than someone who's never done surgery before, but he's still a shifty surgeon.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To the NFL at large the Jets are basically good for one thing right now, which is being a major player in the free agent arena. This keeps that marketing source especially healthy in the off-season and generates a lot of public interest.

It has nothing to do with winning though, which is *one* of the reasons the Jets are such a crappy team. Signing big free agents every year just drives up salaries in general while the Jets simultaneously prove that this is not a way to build a winning team. Then they do it again the next year because bad teams never learn their lessons - even the ones so glaringly obvious.

6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Changes I wish were made: (1) offense scores points in the first quarter; (2) offense scores multiple times in the second quarter; (3) offense turns the ball over less than the opposing team; and (4) at the end of the game, the offense has scored more than the the opposing team.

Changes I am expecting: None.

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

But many Jet's fans can design plays. OK Cory: You line up on the left side, go out 10 steps then break left and go 3 steps. Jamison: you line up on the right side, go out 4 steps then cut left. Etc, etc, etc. Easy!

8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

the biggest change is Wilson has to hit the easy, wide open passes. That is the difference between the 3 and outs and scoring in the 1st quarter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Br4d likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To do this he has to get rid of the ball faster and on-target. There are like 3 plays every game where a vet QB would have had the ball out somewhere, even just to an outlet and Wilson is still standing back there waiting to get crunched or throw the ball to a safety who has had way too much time to read his eyes. Also, probably half the drops have been off-target throws that the receiver got their hands on but had no realistic chance of catching. It's not a "drop" if it would have taken an amazing catch to reel it in.

Most of this is going to be so clear about a month up that nobody will be arguing the points.

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

To answer the OP...

Abso-fucken-lutely none.

REVISion likes this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Just incredible.

I can't wait for all the bullshit coach speak from Saleh and LaFleur. These guys have no balls.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Same Ol Jets