What’s the gameplan if Wilson doesn’t improve this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Oct 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Keep telling yourself that....

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As of this moment Zach Wilson is Richard Todd/Ryan Leaf bad.

Whether he will continue to be that bad depends almost entirely on how much the Jets expose him for the rest of the season.

If he continues to be really bad there will be a moment when Jets management has to weigh whether to try to salvage him or to let him keep sucking so they are not drowned in criticism when they move on quickly. No idea what that moment will produce or even if the Jets will be coherent in their opinions of the best course of action.

People bringing up Geno Smith need to get a grip. We'd kill for performance as good as Geno Smith's was in 2013.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am guessing you are a Pats fan. Didn't you get banned?

dawinner127, FJF and Noam like this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wilson’s talent will keep him in this league for a long long time. I don’t fear him ever turning into a Geno Smith type. My fear has always been he’s turns into Jay Cutler/Jeff George type. You know the kind of dude that teases you just enough to keep you from moving on. And I don’t even think his arm talent is as good as the aforementioned.

Since1969 and RochesterJet like this.
  5. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If he doesn't work out?

We tank properly years from now and get Arch Manning haha

[​IMG]

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I remember laughing out loud at this scene….he played pretty well and the Jets did win but Lavonte David made it all possible ….

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Amazingly enough if we beat one more conference opponent, we might've been in the playoffs. Would've tied us with the Chargers and went into a tie on the conference record as well. I'm too lazy to do the research on common opponents but I do very much remember we laid eggs against Miami and Buffalo that we shouldn't have.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wow. Exactly what a distraught, disgruntled and pessimistic TGG fan base really needs 6 games into mostly an across the board rookie season. More what if bust scenarios.

Baumeister and cval like this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Whatever Cowherd says. :p

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike...

I just had a chilling thought...
    What if Zach Wilson is our Jeff George?
    I hate myself for even thinking that
    ... :mad:
    -Acad23, Aug 18, 2021

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/darnold-vs-wilson.96085/page-2#post-4108872

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

In fairness the OP is not a Jets fan.

LAJet likes this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That team won a lot of close games but was blown out several times. 49-9 to the Bengals, 38-14 to Tennessee. Those duds against Miami and Buffalo. A very average team - had they made the playoffs they would have been one and done …..

13. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

What a DUMB post. The Jets have no plan. Their hope is to RUIN Zach after only 5 games. Then they plan on rigging 1 Jets Drive with enough dynamite to level the place. Does that make you happy?

Cman68 and cval like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The plan is to continue to post pessimistic, Zach sucks, JD sucks, Saleh sucks, ML sucks. the world is coming to an end, the Jets suck, lunatic, I told you so attention seeking posts regardless of how Zach plays.

In the instructions on how to be an internet Jet troll it said post as many of these attention seeking troll posts as possible in hope of driving away most sane and reasonable posters but not all as then we will be then be stuck with idiots as possibly dumb and crazy as ourselves who may turn on us for entertainment and we might then also need another divisive topic to tell people how great we are which might force us to become Zach, JD and Jet fans if we want to disagree with what is left after we have destroyed the board. Regardless just remember the important part of the plan is to make this board miserable but not so miserable that everyone leaves but us lunatics.

#34 Noam, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    LAJet and cval like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was guessing Giants fan because they spent the their early posts giving Gettleman oral favors, but I think they could just as easily be a beat reporter or something like that. Definitely not a Jets fan though, they don't respond to challenges and prefer to ask inflammatory questions and sit back and watch the responses. Usually that's troll behavior but I have no doubt the writers have created dummy accounts here and the other main sites so they can ask questions and use the answers as fodder for articles. No better way to get fans to click than by using their own thoughts. They'd be dumb not to.

Many of the "new" posters with very generic Jets-related names are just pretending (badly) to be Jets fans so they aren't immediately banned for trolling.

cval likes this.
  16. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Funny-I remember a time when you considered a troll for ripping Darnold.

Ralebird and legler82 like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, 100% on the money.
    If being a long time suffering Jet fan is not heart braking enough, waking up to this site with some want-to-be troll posting 10c what if junk to amuse his single digit IQ really takes the cake.
    Cant wait for this team to hit a winning attitude to smoke our daily troll a dope new comers out of here.

cval and Noam like this.
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That season was another example of why I never get the Rex bashing. That roster was shit. I wonder if Mangini gets credit for those 8 wins too.

#38 legler82, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    cval likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hate to break it to you, but if the Jets do actually start winning, not only will dozens more trolls spring up, but then we will have the dreaded bandwagon fan to deal with.

The Jets have spared us that, at least.

Acad23, LAJet and Noam like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I may be waay out on a limb here, but maybe the GM can get Zach some more Grade A help. Perhaps an established #1 WR. How about the never ending search for an OLine. How about a true QB whisperer instead of Cavanaugh for ZW.

ouchy, PJ4Ever and NY Jets68 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.