2021 - Week 7: New York Jets at New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Oct 24, 2021.
  1. Jets

36.6%
  2. Pats

63.4%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

After bye week, we go at it again. This time on the road against the hoodie and Zach's gellow rookie QB Mac Jones.

I don't expect to win. All I care to see about improvement from Zach and offense, And oh, no 4 INT's this time.

Jay worked all night and produced below excellent video to kick us off. Please don't forget to Like and Subscribe to help one of our own.

Patriot likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Pats are 3 plays from being 5-1, I don't think we are even close to them.

I can totally see the coaching staff put the training wheels on Wilson this week after the shitshow we saw week 2. I don't agree with it, but they won't let him go out there for another 4 INT game.

NYJetsO12 and Jets79 like this.
  3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Patriots are a 2-4 team, so for you to argue you don't expect the Jets to win has me perplexed. Here are the factors that will help the Jets win this game against my Pats.

Jet's Defense
    1. The Right Tackle pass blocking is a glaring weakness, the Jets need to exploit this.
    2. The Left tackle pass blocking is the next weakness the Jets can exploit also.
    3. Limiting rushing yards on 1st down and leaving the Pats with long 3rd down yardage is a key here, this will be the Jet's biggest challenge.
    4. The Patriots do not have a great deep threat, therefore press coverage to make Mac Jone's short-yardage throws a challenge.
    5. The Patriots have been giving up the football a lot. Look to strip because those opportunities will be there.

Jet's Offense
    1. The Patriot's defense is not great against the run, and the Jets had some success last time before Zack decided to throw the game away literally. This will open up the play-action pass game, but you must establish the run first.
    2. Belichick's defensive scheme will be to let the Jets have short yards and then get stingy in the red zone. Zack needs to be patient and take what the defense gives you.
    3. Patriot's secondary has problems dealing with tall receivers, therefore use any height advantage.
    4. The Jets should watch the Cowboy film and noticed how to exploit the Patriot's defense with a mobile QB. Let Zack be mobile but in an intelligent way.

FlaJet, NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Pats by 10. Until the Jets show any kind of consistency/competence, I will not pick them to win.

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

and a play away from being 1-5

barfolomew likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't know if we break double digits, but we will definitely lose by double digits.

Watching what Lamb did to them reminds me of that time we passed on the surefire stud WR for a LT that can't stay healthy or pass protect.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Regardless of records, I just think the Pats are still way better than us. Coaching for sure. If we go position group by group, on paper we may seem to match up well, it they are just playing way better ball than we have been. They are definitely managing Mac Jones’ pay and not letting him go do what Zach has done…they play sound defense and take the chain moving short yards when they are there and just keep drives alive. We have a hard time getting off the field on D and it just feeds their style of offense. On O, we’ll Zach can’t do what he did last time clearly, but until our offense can mange a TD in the first half, I don’t see us winning too many games

I think (hope) this game will be closer, but I have a hard time seeing us going into Foxboro and coming out with a win. At this point, my expectations are so damn low that I’d settle for a competitive game where we’re not down by multiple TDs at halftime. Would that be too much to ask?

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Patriots are (0-4) at home this season. I highly doubt they want to drop to (0-5), and especially against the Jets, so this will be a difficult game. I find the scheduling odd that the Jets play the Patriots twice before playing Miami or Buffalo even once. Not easy for a rookie Head Coach or a rookie QB.

This could be a signature win for Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson though. Wilson doesn't need to wear the red light, yellow light, green light wristband like Sanchez did, but he definitely needs to take less risks. Let the defense do it's job and keep the team in the game. Take chances when you have to, but don't force anything. If both sides of the ball show up, the Jets can win.

Obviously they need to come out stronger too. Can't get buried early again and expect to come back in a hostile environment.

NCJetsfan, cval and ouchy like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Cheats gonna Cheat, Jets gonna Jet, refs gonna ref.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Story of our lives last 20 years or so.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Pats are beatable, but I don't believe our team is ready to break its 11 game losing streak against them. Pats 24 Jets 17

Patriot, Jets79, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that we cleaned up our act during the bye week and we play solid football. Jets win 24 - 20.

Do I really believe it - meh. More hope than belief. I just cant stand losing to the Patriots.

Pepsiguy5 and Acad23 like this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I hear ya. We win this game it makes the season, no matter how the rest of the season turns out.

Jedi mind tricks and ouchy like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

At home or away the Pats are well coached and Jones has game managed them to wins this season

To say they are beatable ...unfortunately is ridiculous

They took a 4-1 Dallas prob SB team down the wire in OT...and if was Dak vs the rookie M Jones lmao

I would love to be surprised and wake up with egg on my face...my realistic hope is a close competitive game

But not this weekend ..especially after how NE lost..sorry Charlie

NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mac Jones the master rookie of boring plays...Can Zach mix and match that level of intensity?

Cman68, jaywayne12 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely befuddled that LaFleur doesn't ask Wilson to do what Mac Jones has been doing..is Wilson a long ball QB sure but right now those skill should be back burner instead of 70 per cent of his throws..in the 2 games since we played NE you would think they learned that by now

NCJetsfan and jaywayne12 like this.
  17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

It really is rough on the eyes.

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and Poeman like this.
  18. jaywayne12

You wonder if the bye week will bring out the Mac Jones like plays..or at least a 50/50 split of something along those lines. The craziest part about it is when your rookie QB starts heading towards 4 int in one game and you still have
    him looking deep downfield with nothing Mac Jones like.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Watching the Patriots is surreal now. Belichick's all beat up, his son his huffing paint on the sidelines and this new QB sits on the bench making facial expressions like he's working up the courage to break a bout of constipation. And they still kicked our ass.

20. jaywayne12

I love this guy. Lol....you are a classic bud...over a decade and you still are one of the few that make me crack up when nobody is around.
    Belichick does look like he gets nightly beatings...like...open handed beatings. And who ever is beating him demands his hair looks disheveled all the time on T.V....or when he gets home.... more open hands.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.