I think Mike LaFleur is taking way too much heat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Oct 11, 2021.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did watch the game. It was bad. I just think it is too early to judge the specific people in this thread: LaFleur and Wilson. Saleh too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep we revisit this 11 weeks from now...hmm

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You can judge their performance each week and in the aggregate. If we can’t do that, what else will we talk about?

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe LeFleur should spend a game or two up in the box instead of on the field. He'd get an entirely different view of the game from up there and MAYBE, come up with plays that work in the first half.

SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

How often do JV quarterbacks receive D1 scholarships to a major football program e.g. Bama, Dame, Clemson etc.? Although Zach has talent it will take a little more time to develop than a player like Jones who played at the highest level of college football.

6. The Dark Knight

That would be fine if you judged them weekly, but you already jumped to conclusions Zach Wilson will not succeed in the NFL. I don't like that way of thinking. Saying he played bad in Atlanta is fine, but assuming he was a bad pick after 5 weeks is not. The point of this thread was saying Mike LaFleur should not be getting all this heat because Wilson is playing bad. I agree, they both are finding their way right now. Both deserve criticism for the offense's lack of success thus far, but also both need to be given time to figure the NFL out.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Do you think Lafleur and the Jets would be doing better with a quality veteran QB running his scheme?

#107 Red Menace, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Ralebird and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Let give this time for things to come together. Hopefully these rookie growing pain pay dividends by next season.

9. The Dark Knight

Yes. Rookie QB's come with growing pains. The Jets seem to be fine with sacrificing wins in 2021 so Wilson goes into 2022 with experience. Anyone reading this board knows I wanted a veteran back-up for Wilson all off-season. One who could teach him, and step in if Wilson was struggling or not ready. The Jets chose another path.