2021 - Week 5: New York Jets vs Atlanta Falcons (9:30 AM) - London Baby!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 3, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2021.
  1. Jets

84.0%
  2. Falcons

16.0%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We pay $12 here in the USA. Consider yourself lucky. As a season ticket holder I feel more ripped off with the concession prices than game ticket prices.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let's see that Jets turnout today!! Make it a Jet home game!

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this team and overall franchise sucks.

5. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Yes they do! Beware of the "it takes time, and have to be patient" posters.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm starting to think Zach lacks intelligence... Wow. He better shake the stupid quick.

7. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Zach is a fucking terrible QB with no brain.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not a good week. Hopefully we do better next week. Go Jets!!!

Acad23 likes this.
  9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This is just a poorly coached team all around. From Salah, to LaFleur, to Ulbrich. Everyone has a part in this disaster we’ve witnessed so far. People want to say it’s early but the early results aren’t great so far with this new staff.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Well, I picked them to lose that game. Typical SOJ let down. What else is new?

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So.

Positives..

We showed grit. Wasn't a blow out. The team still made It entertaining despite the clear miscues and poor performance overall. Things are there to build on, things are there to clearly learn from. Which I think Is what most of us were hoping for, just be competitive and improve as they go. I think they showed that to some extent today.

Also...

It's only noon/thirty.. I still have the rest of the day to enjoy. It's better to get beat early, than later.

So. Hope you all find a way to enjoy your day still! Enjoy the bye week!

Poor Bickety. :( Have a better day buddy.

Acad23, legler82 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This was a team loss. Zach played terrible, the defense couldn’t get a stop when it mattered, and the coaching staff failed to properly prepare the guys or adjust. Just awful.

We let Matt Ryan without his top 2 options put up 340 passing yards. Inexcusable.

Jets79 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Jets pulled to within 3 with 6:55 left in the game. Atlanta then goes on alomost a 5 minute drive and score a TD. Yet Wilson was clearly the reason we lost. How many times did Atlanta punt? Once?

14. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Is it remotely possible for this team to show up for a full 60mins? They get off to the slowest starts and by the time they start playing it is too late.

15. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

On the plus side, it's not even 1p on a Sunday and we've got our whole day free!!!!
    I can't watch football after that mess..

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

But if Zach and the offense don’t shit the bed in the first half, does that drive matter?

I’m with ya man, Zach was not the reason we lost today, but he certainly didn’t help us either.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

when you have the ball 2 minutes in the 1stq cause your QB can't get a first down and forces the defense to be out there all day.. love how that gets dismissed

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Wilson was a main culprit in the first half as to why the score was so lopsided. The guy had 65 yards passing going into the 4th quarter. He takes his share of the blame but he is far from the only one. You can literally critique every aspect of the team today. They were all bad except for OLine in pass protection.

Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This was bad. The final score is way closer than this game truly was. We couldn’t stop 85 year old Matt Ryan, we made Pitts look all world, and like has been the case for SO many years with us, our defense can NEVER get off the field when we need them to.

I’m not saying this loss is on the D because Zach and the offense was terrible today, but shit, to let them drive for a TD when we get within 3 is just not acceptable. The first three drives our D was invisible. Where the fuck is Q? His brother is playing better than he is.

still, Zach looks lost. Passing up easy check downs only to throw 5 yards over receivers heads or at their feet. No touch on short passes…hitting OL on screen passes. This is not good. He looks lost to me. Trying to play hero ball on deep throws way too much. His accuracy has sucked. Just bad all around.

this was one of the few “winnable” games for us, and we did not compete…I don’t care the final score was close…we were never in this game. Even with Gase we scored on first drives a lot. We haven’t scored a point in the first quarter in 5 games. How does that even happen?

I don’t know where to go with this team…I’m hoping this is rookie QB growing pains, but I’m starting to get really concerned about Zach’s accuracy and lack of field vision. This is not a good start.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  20. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Defense was mostly bad, and the offense was worse. As backbreaking as that last Falcons scoring drive was, the defense gave up 0 pts in the second half up to that point and had two turnovers... the offense essentially waited until the last moment to do anything.