These Two Stats Say A LOT!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

getting pressured =/= end of play. lets say he gets pressured in 1.7 seconds, that throws off the timing and he can't hit the 1st progression because the window close when he had to escape. he escapes, extends out the play 2 more seconds, throws it 20 yards downfield and it's dropped by the WR. that means his time to throw was 3.7 seconds but he was pressured in 1.7 seconds which disrupted the play and he had to escape which made his TTT higher and it counts as an in-completion against him. had the blocking held for another .3 seconds he could have hit his 1st progression. QBs that get pressured a lot and have to escape and run around to buy time have a higher TTT which goes with a bad o-line and getting pressured fast. QBs who aren't pressured in the first 2.5 seconds often get the ball out on time and have a lower TTT.

as far as bad offense I already said the reasons. the skill positions have too many critical drops killing drives. too many turnovers which is mostly on zach but also a few that were dropped by the reciever and wound up being picked. mental errors (penalties backing us up and putting us in "and long" conversion situations) and poor blocking. Also getting behind early ruins the ability to manage the game and play ball control and establish the run.

yes GVR did say the o-line shares blame but as I said he isn't good enough to pass blame to anyone but himself. he should have acknowledged he was awful and needs to be better. he's the worst player on our offense. as far as historical lows go we are the 5th worse passing offense and 4th worse rushing offense other teams are bad too. the bears just had 1 net passing yard.

dawinner127, FJF, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We all know where the offensive line problems lie.

Why is it so hard to figure this shit out for JD!?

Jets81 likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We've scored 3 points In total In the first half all year so far. That's really, really, really bad.

As far as the math goes.. There's a lot of variables there. I'm not educated enough to say what's true or false with It. I just know It's broken, he needs to get the ball out faster, the line needs to be better, the plays need to be called more efficiently.

GVR, I don't care If he's the worst or best. He was being honest and taking accountability for the OL woes as well. It doesn't bother me. I think being critical right now Is a good thing after seeing such a shitty offense this year.

There are more reasons to why this offense Isn't good. It doesn't matter, I think there Is too much to be corrected for there to be any real hope this season. We shall see.

NYJetsO12, Red Menace and Jets69 like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is impossible to play high level QB in the NFL getting pressure up the gut. Even more impossible when the pressure up the gut is less than 2 seconds. Even more impossible when you are rookoe running a complex offense and seeing NFL defenses for the first time.

Jets81, FJF, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, his receivers - the 2 or 3 that are allowed to go out while everyone else in in max protect - aren't getting separation and/or the play routes have them almost running into one another, so Zach has to hold onto it if he wants to try and have a shot at completing the pass. Yes, he does need to get rid of it quicker, but in the situations so far, that would often mean throwing it away.

I don't claim to know what the problem is, nor therefore what the fix is, but the coaches had better.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we all know we are bad. nobody is debating that. whats being debated is what is the cause and what need to be fixed so we can be good. if people just randomly throw the blame at the wrong spots then nothing gets done. we wipe the board and start again. it's what we do and why we have sucked for decades. You have to be smart with your resources. it's like say the jets are a boat. the boat needs a alot of repairs. but there is a bad leak. you have to fix the leak first. instead people are saying throw it out and buy a whole new boat that is just gonna have the same issues and repeat that over and over. we are a young rebuilding team. we all knew that. youngest in the NFL. starting the most rookies. new coaching staff. new offense and defense. there are going to be growing pains. 1st time OC, 1st time HC, rookie QB. a GM who's only had 2 offseasons and had to tear it down but has us with extra picks in the 1st and 2nd round this year and top 3 in cap room. The idea is to see what needs to be addressed the most and how to use those resources. ZW is far from the issue. yeah he hasn't done well but he hasn't been awful. drops and a bad o-line make it look worse. same thing a lot of people said about darnold here and look at him. he's 3-0 and playing well.
    GVR is the worst OG starting in football, he doesn't get the right to criticize anyone. he's also one of the few veteran starters he should be leading by example and having value there instead he sucks on and off the field. If it was a better player saying it then sure but shitty players need to shut up and look at themselves. I didn't see zach complaining about GVR not being able to block and he's a rookie kid

FJF, cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

Oh, I'm not blaming Zach for the issues alone. It's a collective shit show.

I'm just not getting worked up over someone being critical on the team, when they are taking accountability as part of the problem too.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

Here's the thing. I don't think you got It right.

The boat Isn't fixable.

Only. You think the boat Is the CS, Scheme, GM, HC, QB...

It's not.

When In reality, the boat, It's the fucking incompetent owners. I'm convinced that until they are gone, we will continue to be terrible.

As far as the current situation. It's just too much. IMO

The issues are a page long at this point. Hard to fix any of It. Hopefully they find a way, but, I just don't see It.

Again. I don't care If GVR Is literally the worst OG In football. Obviously debatable.

He's still good enough to be on the team apparently, he IS on the team, I don't hate that he was being honest. Oh well. Like I said.

9. ColoradoContrails

It's not just that he throws shade on Zach for something which he, Van Rotten has a big part of the blame, it's that he sucks hairy balls. And the "code of the locker room" still counts for something. Whether what he said has some truth to it, or that he sorta kinda copped to some blame himself doesn't make what he said right or helpful to team cohesion. If he wants to make comments, maybe he ought to quit playing and see if he can get a job as an analyst.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Who is our top lineman on the bench right now? I would replace Rotten with whoever that is.

Also if Mims and Crowder (if healthy) aren’t playing I give up…

11. IIMeanDeanII

I don't care about a "code", I don't care about his level of play, I don't care If anyone Is being critical right now because they have ALL played like shit. It just needs fixed at this point. That's all I care about.

I'm tired of hearing the same lines.... Over, and over, and over...

"This Is a learning experience. We are beating ourselves. We got to be better."

I'm tired of hearing the same one liners and excuses.

So I'm perfectly fine at this point with anyone being critical of this shit show because that's exactly what It Is at this point.

You don't have to quit playing the game to have an opinion. I'm glad the guy who sucks hairy balls actually acts like he doesn't like losing and Is willing to be transparent about It.

I don't see anything wrong with It. It's truth. Which Is better than the smoke that everyone else seems to blow up our ass's as fans.

12. ColoradoContrails

I understand and share your frustration, but it's one thing for fans like us, or the press, to call players out, it's another when players point the fingers at their teammates - it's not helpful, and in fact it's corrosive. He can express his own frustration with losing without pointing his finger at anyone else, and if he can't figure out how to do that, then maybe he's just not smart enough to play pro football.

The "complete, unvarnished truth" you seem to want, you're never going to get. You know that. The ones that have to know it are Douglas, Saleh, and the CS, and they need to stop fooling themselves and face the reality of the talent they actually have, and their ability to perform the system they're being asked to perform. If the players they have can't do that, then the CS needs to adapt to the players ability. This was a major issue I had with Gase, and I really thought we wouldn't see it repeated with this new staff, but I'm getting the bad feeling that's what we're seeing. If that's the case, JD needs to hold a "come to Jesus meeting" and get them to change their approach.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What are their adjusted completion percentages? And what's a league average adjusted completion percentage?

MoWilkBeast and REVISion like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Funniest. Movie. EVER! Right there with Animal House! (I'm assuming you all enjoyed a few blunts right before or during he movies!)

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why would you compare one QB’s “adjusted” CMP% to other QBs ACTUAL CMP%?

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think getting the ball out quickly is such a vague, overrated and overused premise. It’s often stated w/o any context. As I expressed before the draft many of the best QBs in the league hold on to the ball. Holding on to the ball is only an issue if the WRs are getting open quickly and the QBs is missing windows. Our WRs are not getting open quickly nor do I think that’s the intention often times when Zach does hold on to it. I rather a sack than an interception. If he held on to the ball a couple more times against NE, maybe we win the game. If LeFleur schemes more quick throws, I’m confident Zach can get the ball out quick.

I’m hoping that some of the posters who disagreed with my nuance stance about holding on to the ball pre-draft now understand.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The "code of the locker room" as it sits now may be the first sign that the locker room is getting divided. Van Roten was not the only one who threw some shade towards Wilson...

Jets Wideout Has Blunt Response To Zach Wilson Question (thespun.com)

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The thing you are possibly getting wrong is the fact he tacked on the OL part after being asked another question.
    It wasn't one big sentence of Zach needs to get the ball out but we need to help him.

It was Zack needs to get the ball out faster.

And then when further pushed he added the bit about the OL.

Now again it isn't wrong but when you are the shit cunt that is not helping the QB getting the ball out faster it is best you keep your huge gob shut.

19. Falco21

Because Russell Wilson's rceievers have 0 dropped passes. Arizona has 1. And Dallas has 1.

The Jets have 5 and are ranked 8th in the league in drops.

20. Falco21

Even Bectons trainer is chiming in on this one LOL

REVISion likes this.