Ok I'll say it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 26, 2021.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What amazes me in this discussion is that Tomdeb and the rest posting here are figuring this out but our GM who is paid the big bucks could not or would not go through the same analyses e.g. Keep Sam and take picks? ?

I can't see JD not doing that..so his evaluation of Sam s future potential here must have been really low

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

JD signed Breshad Perriman to be our #1. JD should not be any final decision maker in any personnel decisions EVER.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

"if Zach went down" is quickly becoming "when Zach goes down" - only 2 rookie QBs have been sacked more times in the last 30+ years over the first 3 games - Kyler Murray and David Carr....

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It is not about Sam, even if you think that Sam isn't going to be the long term answer you still do the trade because it allows you to rebuild the team (or helps to rebuild it) and when you have at least an average NFL roster then you look to bring in a QB that fits what your offense is built to do - not bring a rookie into a bottom tier team and expect them to work miracles - there is a reason that QB prospects like Trevor Lawrence and Zach are struggling in the same way that Darnold struggled but rookies that go into decent teams (like Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen) enjoy success because they aren't being asked and expected to do it all

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They are at least scoring points though, so there's a chance they win a game or two.

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And there is one poster on here, who has got an inordinate amount of shit this off season from a group of posters who were over-enamoured with the second coming of Mahomes, who said this all along and predicted exactly what would happen. I mean - rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie QB, the youngest team in the NFL - why would anyone expect them to be anything other than dogshit? This is exactly what was signed up for. And it is entirely possible that your young QB will be ruined before the team is good enough to be in any way competitive.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  7. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

This oline sucks you would be bitching about darnold if he was still are qb

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm going to London to watch this shitshow in a couple of weeks. The amount of money I have paid for a game ticket, train ticket and a hotel room is baffling to me at this point.

I think Wilson already looks lost. Yes, everything around him is just shit, but he looks lost, stunned, baffled at what is going on. That's exactly how I will look in a couple of weeks sitting in my expensive seat watching this absolute joke of a team.

A lot of these guys are millionaires. That is really, REALLY difficult to get your head around.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Pretty soon I'm hanging up the cleats and I'll read about it 10 years later.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  10. ukjetsfan

I am considering checking the score before watching the game now. I used to love watching this team play live, but that was a looooong time ago.

My game-watching ritual now is to wait until the next day and watch it on Gamepass. Sometime in the first quarter I will start hitting the 'fast-forward ten seconds button' to just watch the actual plays. Sometime in the second quarter I will start moving forward a few minutes at a time. Sometime in the early second half I will jump forward about half an hour to see if anything has changed. Then I'll stop watching.

Jumping forward ten years would be nice.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that there was more than one guy getting beat up here simply for recommending a "wait and see" attitude. And damn sure that the guys doing the beating were cursing those who could not get excited about a settled in GM, a new QB, a new HC, an all new staff, new schemes and new attitude all touted more highly than anything since tater tots. Most of them are oddly quiet tonight, just waiting to get their cues from Michael Nania and the rest of the ego driven amateurs who have all the answers. The wrong answers.

MoWilkBeast and SOJAZ like this.
  12. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

I decided Gamepass was enough money wasted, yet again, whatever bullshit they were spinning in pre-season as usual, I couldn't justify the spend.

Leicester Jet and ukjetsfan like this.
  13. ukjetsfan

Jesus we get fed a line every offseason, don't we? I mean, I understand they can't just admit they are clueless and the team is going to be shit again, but EVERY damn year we read about how all these players are doing so well in practice and looking so good and the new scheme/position coach/coordinator/head coach/GM is turning things around and Player A is so much better because he gained 20 pounds and Player B is so much better because he lost 20 pounds and Player C finally feels the game is slowing down for him and Player D lives in the film room and they've never seen work habits like his...

NY Jets68, SOJAZ and Centiment like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Certainly, but you don't need to believe it, you just want to believe it.

They had a marketing line back in the 1970's "The new New York Jets!" which they might have well recycled almost every year since.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  15. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Had a good week of practice is so "last year" couple more weeks it will be "I need to see the film" lol

ukjetsfan likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s not hard to predict that the Jets will fail every season. It’s become the surest bet in football that they’ll miss the playoffs, they’re in the midst of their worst run of all time.

It’s like wanting a pat on the back for predicting that the moon wont explode tomorrow.

#76 Jets81, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    ukjetsfan likes this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If the Jets were to move to the Moon as part of the NFLs drive to conquer new markets then you could safely bet that it would do just that

Jets81 likes this.
  18. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

People on here acting like they predicted the winning lotto numbers, saying they predicted this would happen. It really doesn't matter if fans wanted to keep Darnold, or wanted to start over. The issue is we have an owner who hired the wrong GM. To make matters worse, JD will probably be retained next year, and giving him the keys to draft again. I don't see this ending well for this Franchise, as I have been a fan since 86

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Bad take. If Darnold were here it would be the same and he would look like his old self. We would absolutely have KILLED JD for not taking a QB at 2 if we came into this season with Sam and started like this.
    Moving on was the correct call. Doesn't mean Wilson was the correct call but we'll see. Also if they planned to keep Darnold and Wilson and got wowed by an offer then they should have replaced Sam with another vet and let that player start the season.

Red Menace, SOJAZ and Jets81 like this.
  20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

No one will believe me because hindsight is 20/20, but among my friends, I was the only one who was in the "Keep Sam and use the picks to build around him". The Logic is simple: How much better do you expect a Zach Wilson team without an offensive line to be compared to a Sam Darnold team without an offensive line? At least by keeping Darnold, you could have used the second pick as a foundation to build a line.

BrooklynJetsFan and tomdeb like this.