Ok I'll say it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How positively Jetsian to be the 1st team to go 0-17 in a season...

That's gotta be as cleansing as the Devil collecting his debt from Namath... right?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I truly believe Namath has cursed this team.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You are making my point. This roster IS dog shit. When you have a dog shit roster, and you have the #2 overall pick, you trade down (as I suggested) and get picks to make your dog shit roster better. Especially when you already have a serviceable QB in Sam. Instead, undefeated Carolina has Sam and we have Zach who looks like and plays like a boy among men. Troy State and Southern Indiana ain't on the schedule anymore for Zach.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Wilson isn’t to blame. It’s Douglass.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The only "load" I was referring to is the "load" of draft picks" we would have gotten if we had kept Sam and traded out of number 2 overall. The Dolphins got three number picks to move down--We could have gotten even more since we were way ahead of Miami. Just keep telling everybody now that you'd rather have Zach Wilson than Sam AND the three number 1 picks. I'll wait.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. Sam has not sucked this year but many of the rookie QBs have, especially Zach. We could have had three number 1 picks and Sam--now we have Zach.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You stopped watching years ago if this is your take. You didn't watch one game of Sam Darnold with the Jets.

Red Menace, 94Abraham and REVISion like this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. We would all MUCH rather have Zach right now rather than 3-0 Sam AND the three number 1 picks we could have had (that the 49ers paid Miami to move up). :confused: I'm glad you are so happy to have Zach.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Hindsight is awesome. Maybe if the Jets are open to trades the 3rd goes for less and 9ers take that. You literally have no idea.

10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Because you would have a mountain of draft picks to build around him!!!!!

See the 3-0 Carolina Panthers. my gawwd!

i told you soooo!

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

You're right, as things stand right now, keeping Sam and possibly gaining even more draft capital for the next few years sounds amazing. The thing is though, is that it didn't happen, and going on about it on a forum board isn't going to undo the situation. Unless you have a rewind button, it doesn't matter whether you were for keeping Sam or for trading Sam, what's done is done.

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, if the Jets retained Darnold they wouldn't be 0-3. Dream on. And who exactly has Carolina beaten? Oh yeah, they beat the Jets, quite an accomplishment. Jets saving money by not retaining Darnold and having the same result. So what's the problem from a business standpoint?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. JRJR

JRJR Active Member

Isn’t it Zach and the picks we got for Sam?

14. BrooklynJetsFan

JD should have kept Robby. And he should have kept Darnold and got a mountain of picks on top of all the picks we have now.

Any smart, aggressive GM takes that all day to build the team, even if the QB flops. You can find QB who can win games always on a good team. Look at Broncos and Panthers for godsakes, talent rich teams with average QBs.

Jets never had a long term starting QB in decades, and we are here trying to hit on the next ARod. Build a good team, plug in the QB, and then draft the franchise. Jets have no business trying to take a rookie QB to HOF. This org has zero chance of that ever happening.

I stated this in the offseason and got laughed off this board by JD homers.

LaFleur is not a good OC. He was the “passing game coordinator” for Shanny. He never called plays. His brother is BFFs with our current head coach. Come on.

tomdeb and Royal Tee like this.
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jack, it is not hindsight. It is I told you so. If you read my original post on this thread, myself and few others on this board implored the jets BEFORE the 2021 draft to keep Sam and trade down! We could have greatly improved the dog shit roster and still had Sam. I was shouted down by so many posters who kept insisting that Chris Simms thinks Zach Wilson is a miracle worker. Posting this now in the faint faint hope that if enough people rub it in Douglas's face, he won't make the same error next year and do the right thing and trade down. Because we ARE going to have a high pick next year, probably number 1.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It looks like you and I and ouchy and sojaz had it right.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

[​IMG]

Centiment, Cman68 and tomdeb like this.
  18. BrooklynJetsFan

If JD does not trade down next year. He’s a moron.

tomdeb likes this.
  19. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

We would in your made up world have swapped first round picks this year, so we would have drafted 12, probably take AVT there but who knows. So now how would extra 1st round picks in 2022 and 2023, help the Jets this year. Sam Darnold wad done here, having an extra 1st round pick for the next two years, wouldn't help us this year, unless you can explain what it is I'm missing, I'll wait...

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You don't have to wait long. I never said all three number 1 picks (for the #2 overall) would be in 2021. I said then and I'm saying now that Sam and the draft haul we could have gotten for the #2 pick greatly exceeds what we got now in Wilson. I said that before and after the draft. I'll bet deep down Douglas regrets not moving that #2 overall for more picks and keeping Sam. You and several others are too stubborn to admit that Brooklynjetsfan, myself and few others had this right back then. Wilson was not worth the bonanza we could have received for him. I posted back then (before the draft) that Wilson only had one good year in college (like Sanchez), was too small, and played a creampuff schedule in college. Go back and look it up if you don't believe me.