Tankathon - 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

It’s not obvious at all that he’s terrible. You’re just impatient because the Jets have sucked for a decade, which is understandable.

2. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Also this pair isn’t forced together - and youve given them 3 games before demanding them to be fired. Think before you speak. Too much to ask it seems.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

quite simply - because its the Jets and getting worse is just what they do

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The team is pretty much all Douglas guys at this point, and it's worse than the one he inherited over two years ago from Mike Maccagnan. I'm not sure how to imagine a GM doing worse. And I realize Saleh wasn't forced on Douglas, which is why if the Jets manage to win 4 or 5 games, I'll be willing to give Douglas another season even though I'm almost positive he sucks for the sole purpose of not turning off other candidates by firing Saleh after a year. But if the Jets really do go 2-15 or worse, it'll be understandable to fire the coach after one year.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets aren't a turnaround candidate. They're just a terrible team in need of a root-level build.

Rebuilding in 2 years is for teams that were good two years ago. They Jets haven't been sustainedly good since 2010 - a decade ago.

This is something that is key to understanding because no free agent or combination of free agents is going to turn the Jets around. They'd be a 6-11 caliber team right now with Deshaun Watson at QB and they wouldn't get to playoff-level in the next couple of seasons after that either.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Do you really think they are cleaning house after letting the gm hire his coach?

NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When’s the last time we had a good gm.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I know man. And my fantasy team has no chance.

Green Bay has been my backup team but the Jets have been so bad it’s like Green Bay is becoming my go to.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Also at least Seattle lost.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed - we can't declare JD terrible just yet. But something has to happen to improve this team some time soon. So far he is a D. As Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are. The fact OL is atrocious with a rookie QB behind it is a MAJOR failure. Having a #1 WR who routinely keeps dropping critical balls in every game doesn't help either.

He needs to lift his game like everyone else.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They have SF + LAR the next 2. They can very well be 1-4 after 5.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This isn't a tank season.

It's only going to feel like one.

legler82 and REVISion like this.
  13. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not doing that again--I had to take a hiatus after we won that meaningless Rams and Browns games and knock ourselves out of contention for a generational QB. It's obvious if you watch Lawrence that he's head and shoulders above the rest of the QB's in this class and he will be elite in 3 years. Unlike Wilson, a lot of his negative stats are from his cast. He's also bigger, faster and stronger.

We also managed to win just enough to lose out on Jedrick Willis and had to settle for boom or bust Becton and before that we missed on Bosa and had to settle for Q--

This team can't even lose right--it's pathetic.

Right now, we need to love the one we are with. Douglas and Saleh just paired up and have at least a 2-3 year leash. Unless there's an elite candidate to replace them--there is no use pressing re-set right now.

I'm very much considering not wasting my time with this team anymore--

REVISion likes this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wish I had a backup team.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not wasting anymore, but I can still follow and love my jets. But they aren't worth time or money year 11 into a rebuild

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Douglas' seat should be getting warm at this point. I doubt it will but it should be.

He has completely failed to rebuild the OL, it's probably the worst it's ever been since he took over the team which is inexcusable. Doing his job too conservatively during FA and trading up for AVT when we needed as many picks as we could keep has killed us.

The only chance we have is if we absolutely nail nearly every pick in the next draft. Even then, I don't think we have a coach or offensive coordinator.

17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

3 games in and we have not been competitive in any of them, really we had 0 chance. 2 garbage time 2 TDs. And really if you look at it realistically, cannot win any games not scoring. It really doesn’t matter if Denver got 1 TD, we got 0! So unless we fix this offense, we will go 0-17. We are not shutting out anyone either! So I have lost all confidence in this team. So I am going to expect losing, if we win few games, then that would be a surprise to me. With our D we need to score at least 21 to win, but we as we look now can’t score more than 10. The Offense is that bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 Sack exchange, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I like Saleh but this team is not well coached. Hopefully he gets better.

Borat, Sack exchange and REVISion like this.
  19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The bolded part is so frustrating. Those meaningless wins have prevented us from coming away with any blue chip players despite drafting in the top 5 seemingly every year.

To make matters even worse, it's looking like JD has whiffed on his early picks on top of that. We should've taken Wirfs over Becton and we shouldn't have traded up for AVT. We need way too many starters to trade up. Can anyone say we couldn't use another guard or tackle right now? Our OL is an absolute turnstile in pass protection.

I would also add this - these things compound quickly. If we draft Bosa who's to say we don't sign Lawson and instead use a lot of that money on OL? If we had Wirfs consistently playing well and healthy then maybe Wilson would look a lot better instead of having borderline happy feet already. Ditto for if we had drafted 2-3 OL instead of trading up for AVT. These mistakes have ripple effects.

We just cannot for the life of us find front office people who consistently do the smartest things. JD has had the right general idea but his execution has been horrible.

#39 REVISion, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  20. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

If we are picking number 1, I hope Douglas isn't here to make the pick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.