This team is worse than last year.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Sep 26, 2021.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I would hate to do it but I think its necessary to see what we have in Wilson. Gotta use FA and get some better guys and use 2 top picks for OL. I think Center is a important position, every time I look at a play someone is throwing our guy around or blowing right up the middle. We gotta work on inside out and hope Becton comes back healthy and good.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The Jets have a chance to do something really special this year - they could be the first team in NFL history to go 0-17 in the regular season - make sure you stay tuned to enjoy this record breaking season.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It is crap to feel like the season is over so early in the year - only thing can possibly hope for is that Wilson improves over the year (to be fair hard for him to be much worse)

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sweet hoodie!

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Did a quick comparison of some key stats and overall it looks like after week 3 we are indeed worse than last year:

Record 0-3
    Total score for Jets - 37
    Total score for opponents - 94
    Total yards - 791 yards
    Turnovers by Jets - 5
    Turnovers caused by defense - 3
    Darnold - 3 TD 4 Int

Record 0-3
    Total score for Jets - 20
    Total score for opponents - 70
    Total yards - 750 yards
    Turnovers by Jets - 7
    Turnovers caused by defense - 2
    Wilson - 2 TD 7 Int

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Stop dropping the ball!!!

Jets79 and legler82 like this.
  7. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

would help if you actually CATCH the balls that hit your hands

Jets79, NY Jets68 and cmcm750203 like this.
  8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Leads-0
    Leads-0

KWJetsFan likes this.
  9. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Damn, I kept telling myself.....we couldn't possibly be as bad as last year, remembering the emotions of frustration from last year. But your quote hit it on the head and I've realized I've just become numb to it.

This year we haven't been competitive against 3 bad teams......At least last year we were somewhat in games, even holding a top team like Buffalo to only field goals.

10. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

at what point do we start rooting for the team to lose again like last year so we get a better draft pick and how do we do that while still rooting for Zach to play well lol

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

"The Jets have now scored a total of three points in the first half through three games, the fewest through three games in the last 20 seasons, according to ESPN. It is tied for the fewest first-half points through three games in franchise history (1973)."

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  12. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

It's a no win situation, have to rely on this shitty front office to make the damn pick.

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to think of the team right now. I've said at the beginning of the season, I won't care if we don't do well overall as long as we're making progress. Thus far, it seems like absolutely no improvement has been made since week 1. It's only been three weeks, so it's not time to completely call for a house cleaning yet, but it's still a cause for concern when the entire team fails systematically. There's still 14 games left, but the team seems to have gotten worse each week.

Now, the 1989 Cowboys went 1-15 under Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman. Aikman was even benched for a time in favor of Steve Walsh. I didn't watch football in 1989 because I was only 4 years old. I have no idea what Cowboys fans thought of Johnson and Aikman, or if the analysts thought they were hopeless. I don't know what the team played liked; did they lose but look like a team with potential? Or were they a dumpster fire each week like the Jets are this year? Because of that, it's tough to say whether or not, even if we only win 1 or 2 games whether the team should continue as they are or hit reset. It's tough to know if this team is just rebuilding or if they are hopeless as they are and need to start over in the next year or two.

Time will tell. Years like this are full of angst!

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's scary that we had such an awful offensive line last year and Douglas brought in one rookie and a couple below average starters teams were willing to let go and felt that was enough to upgrade.

I don't know how Elflein is doing but he was our best run blocker last year as well and we let him walk for peanuts in the name of "not fitting the new scheme."

REVISion likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Im sorry but two 3-0 teams are bad teams? Interesting world we live in.

Losmeister and PJ4Ever like this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's time to bring back Frank Gore. He's the missing piece the Jet's offense needs to get it together.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

IOL and TE are two positions in which JD has failed greatly. Vera-Tucker will be good but man, RG who shall not be named and McGovern are brutal.

REVISion likes this.
  18. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Those two teams each have a victory against the Jets.

So out of 4 games left, we have the Broncos beating the Giants and Jaguars, both 0-3 teams and considered to be among the worst; and we have the Panthers beating the Texans and Saints, the Texans 0-3 as well and widely considered the worst team, and the Saints that will be a roller coaster with JW.

We've been blown out by 3 teams that we had no business getting blown out by.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The Texans are not 0-3

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What's most frustrating to me is that the defense is seemingly the only bright spot.

Saleh has been bad - our team is undisciplined, uses timeouts poorly and is overly conservative.

LaFleur - has been dreadful. Unimaginative, predictable play calling. Doesn't adjust gameplans to team weaknesses.

Offensive line - somehow it's even worse than before. Totally unfathomable.

Douglas - he has failed mightily in strengthening the offensive line. Too conservative in FA. We were pounding the table for OL help in FA and it was like JD couldn't care less. He totally underestimated how weak this unit is. He further underestimated how weak it is when trading up for AVT. We should've kept the picks and selected more OL. We need too many starters to trade up.

Wilson - about how you'd expect a rookie to play. He's not been great but he's far from the biggest problem.

WR's - WAY too many drops.

RB's - meh.

HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.