Tonight's Carolina vs Houston Takeaways

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Carolina vs Houston takeaways?

Houston sucks.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. This got moved because It hurts. I get it. :/

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Two things happening in Carolina that most people saw coming:

Darnold playing very well and Robby disappearing when playing with actual talented WRs.

AndyDrums likes this.
  4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Good for Sam. I'm happy for him. Currently on pace to push 5000 yards which isn't too bad for the "worst qb in the league" I hope he keeps it up and gets Carolina to the playoffs.

5. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Sam made some great throws on the run, ran for 2 TD's and would be an excellent QB if not for one major weakness: he still has no feel for the pass rush and keeps getting the ball stripped from him. If he ever learns to avoid that stuff he could be outstanding, especially in a run-oriented, ball control offense.

Ron

Sack exchange likes this.
  6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for same ole Darnold bad plays, but has not happened, I am surprised he had no really bad plays he had with jets. He was known for bad interceptions. He’s seems much more comfortable. He seems to calm himself, instead of trying to do too much. But you can still see the tendency. But much improved! He has DJ Moore, I think that helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodhead and westiedog1 like this.
  7. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Someone just mentioned stick figure Mr. over rated Robbie Anderson? First time any of us have heard his name since week 1 LMAO.

8. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Perception is a funny thing. Two fumbles and he loses none. Loses one or both and the game changes, he becomes a bum.

Sack exchange likes this.
  9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Way to early for that.

10. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

True, but one fumble he got crushed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I watched the highlights and Sam looked like a different QB than the one we saw last year. Going from Gase/Loggains to Brady was the best thing to happen for him.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make some good interesting points and trying to address all your points would require a long response, so I will focus more on Zack Wilson since this is a Jets board after all.

1. Both Zack Wison and Davis Mills had success against the Panther's defense because the Panthers had a good lead and the defense was playing the old prevent. The idea being we will let you march down the field but we want you to use a lot of time doing so. So you need to consider this before proclaiming success for the offense. Being an old football fan I have seen this scenario so many times, garbage time where the offense looks good even though they sucked before this.

2. Sam Darnold is obvious in a better situation with the Panthers for the first couple of games this year than last year with the Jets. Even with the injuries especially to McCaffrey, Darnold still has a Panther's defense that will require him not to worry about scoring too many points. This means he doesn't have to take as many risks and it is not a big deal if the offense has to punt the ball. I am also guessing being a bit more seasoned, he has learned a lot from his days with the Jets. I wish him all the success in the world, and I think the trade was good for both teams.

3. The game against my Patriots was very frustrating to watch because, clearly, Wilson was the reason the Jets lost to my Patriots. If he was under a lot of pressure (pass rush) or the Jets had to catch up to the Patriots because of the score, then I would be more sympathetic to Wilson's turnovers. But the Jets were winning the battle in the trenches, running the ball effectively, and their defense was having no problem with a non-threatening Pat's offense. This tells me he was clueless about the situation and makes me wonder about his football sense. Do you agree with me the Jets should have won this game?

4. Pat's fans being football impaired are clueless to the fact that the Jets outplayed the Pats in spite of Wilson. Hence the Pats are in serious trouble, and the fanbase in Boston is so clueless.

5. I am guessing after watching the Jets/Pats film, the Broncos will test Zack to see how patient he will be. Unlike the Pats, they will actually have a more serious pass rush. Zack needs to hit the short passes quickly against this defense. Playing in Denver sucks because of the altitude and lack of oxygen. The Jets would be very wise to rotate a lot of their personnel. I hope in the name of God that Wilson gets his head out of his buttocks this game. He is a great talent and there is nothing worst than seeing a great talent wasted because of stupidity.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Darnold is a game manager level QB. If you don't ask him to do too much he'll help you win with the occasional oopsie thrown in.

If you try to put the offense on his shoulders he's going to stagger a lot and things will turn sour with the occasional great play thrown in.

I'd have preferred the Jets keep him to stabilize the rest of the build this year however the trade is probably reflective of his actual value and the Jets won't lose much in the long run. This is true whether Wilson works out or not.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I am sure it was you I had the discussion with about Davis Mills as a QB prospect, I see he played and his stat line actually doesn't look bad, how did he play for real? (if you watched the game, of course?)