The Jets are probably going to get their teeth kicked in on Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I hate to say it and see it, but Sunday might end up being rather ugly. The Broncos are a well coached team. They tackle well, they run block well, they mix in coverages as coached by their 125 year old head coach and Teddy Checkdown doesn't make mistakes.

The Broncos have no major injuries and Von Miller is Von Miller again, while Bradley Chubb is off the injury report for what seems like the first time in his career

We're playing at altitude and lost at home to a Brett Rypien last year despite winning the turnover battle 3-0 and scoring on a pick six. Denver's first game at home after back to back road games to start the year.

This might be ugly, my friends. So don't be surprised. Our boys are also going to be hurting in a physical beatdown.

The year isn't over, and it won't mean the sky is falling. But brace yourselves.

Pepsiguy5 and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Win or loss, doesn't really matter to me.

Someone else posted this earlier on this board and it's really how I feel as well. Idon't want to see the offense running into loaded fronts on first and second down because they are scared. 3rd down a safe pass and try to win this game on defense and clock control. I basically don't want this CS to start with the red, yellow, and green cards for our young QB. There are going to be growing pains, let him still be aggressive.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

will probably be like the 1st 2 games. The Jets offense doesnt move the ball an inch until the game is already out of hand. Broncos score in the 20s, Jets score in the low teens or less

Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

wut

Also Jerry Jeudy doesn’t feel like an insignificant injury.

Edit: not saying I disagree. I predicted 31-10 in the game thread.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

As long as they play with the intensity they showed in the 1st half week 2 I'll be happy.

If Zach bounces back we can make this close--even win. Imagine what a win would do for this franchise!

LAJet and azhar80 like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Possible look ahead game for Denver with Baltimore coming into town next week? :cool:

FJF likes this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If hardcore Lafleur is learning anything he will set up a game plan where Jets are not leaving Von Miller one on one against any of their blockers.

Force the Broncos to beat them with someone else on defense. Bellicheat has used this technique for many years, double teams the best defensive player and forces the defense to beat them without their best player having an impact.

I believe Jets win Sunday.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Couldn’t disagree more, the Broncos are not even a little scary, worst 2-0 team by far. They are also missing one of there top offensive threats as well as defensive threats so not sure what you mean by no major injuries.

Jets showed big improvement from week 1-2 in pretty much all facets of the game except the rookie QB. That is being overlooked because of how bad the QB was.

If the QB is terrible again then yea will probably end up being lopsided but I think he rebounds and it’s a hard fought game that is won or lost in the 4th Qtr.

As a gambler I love Jets with the points and might even go crazy and out some on the ML.

dmw, Mogriffjr and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You should consider posting on the Vegas thread--good-gambler advice is always welcome!

Attackett and Brook! like this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The jets will get their teeth kicked in the next two weeks. I predicted jets 9-8 before the season. Can I amend that? :confused:

11. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

So far, I have zero faith in our new CS, but since when is Vic Fangio and this Bronco team so great? Jeudy & Chubb are out so whoever said the Broncos are totally healthy is not paying attention. On a more positive note, I will be cheering my rear end off for our weekly 1 or 2 FG's, and expecting many great turnovers and wonderful sacks as usual, won't you be? I'm looking forward to seeing Berrios and Smith racking up the yardage while Denzel Mims sits out yet again to learn other positions, we don't need him anyway we're too good!

jetstopgun and Centiment like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Meh I'm a dumbass, excuse my mistake on Chubb. Jeudy I knew about but wrote him off since they were already without him and have plenty of weapons.

Love the optimism and confidence. But I just don't see it this week.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

You're right, I wasn't paying attention on Chubb.

It's not so great, but they play turnover free hard football. Did you watch the Giants game at all versus how the Giants looked versus Washington?

Every throw Daniel Jones made against the Broncos, his receivers were covered like glue. It looked much different than against Washington.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

All good. I agree in general like I said. That secondary is no joke and Teddy is somehow finally putting it all together 7 years in. They just made Trevor Lawrence look like pure shit so I would expect the same with Zach this week.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm expecting them to lose this one. I do think they'll cover as I expect Zach to semi bounce back from the NE game. I don't think Zach is gonna light it up but I think he'll be solid and have a handful of good plays.

Their run game is ok, take away Gordon's 70 yard scamper and their stats don't look nearly as great. This will be another test for our young secondary as they have some good weapons in Sutton, Hamler, Fant, etc. The big decider for this game IMO is can our front 4 generate pressure against Teddy. I think that's unlikely as they'll most likely look to establish the run and dink and dunk, similar to what everyone has done against us so far this year. If we can hold their run game in check and put them in some long down and distances, I think we have a shot in this one.

Having said all that, I'm predicting 23-17 Broncos but hoping that score is flipped in our favor.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sounds like we've got ourselves a bona fide Adversity Sandwich, and we're all out of pickles.

sozopol, legler82 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Patriots ran a lot of zone right? And the Broncos are primarily a man to man defense? Maybe Wilson will feel more comfortable against man.

(trying to look for silver linings here)

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

JV I expect a bit more out of your game predictions....
    to many 'Probably, Maybe, Might, Might....'

I can't tell which way you're calling this game!!!

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The real issue Is the dysfunction of our offense currently. There are several things that are worth noting that just suck on our end right now.. You combine that with a more than functional defense standing directly In front of our non-sense, we are In for a long day.

So much was wrong last week.

Play design wasn't good.
    Too much max protect, even then, our line was getting shit on at times.
    Receivers were running wrong routes, missing blocks, lack of effort, and hardly anyone was getting any separation.
    QB wasn't good. Bad throws. Bad choices.
    Our RB are not very good In pass protection from what I seen, which only further adds to the dysfunction.

There Is more. Obviously.

There Is so much to clean up. So much wrong.

It's one of those scenarios where It seems so overwhelming, that nothing makes sense anymore to the point you don't even know where to start on correcting the issues at hand.

I hope they figure It out, I'm not sure It's going to happen next week though.

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t get the confidence at all. Denver is not a great team by any means, but they are worlds better than us at this point. They have one of the biggest home field advantages in the league. They beat us most every time they play us. Their defense is strong. Teddy won’t make a lot of mistakes….I think they will just generate long drives with the run game and dink and dunk pass game and we won’t be able to get off the field. I think our defense will start strong but fade as the altitude combined with our expected ineptitude on offense wears the D down.

I hope I’m wrong, but honestly I’d be shocked if we keep it close…it may end up closer in the scoreboard if we get a TD in garbage time but honestly I see no way we win this game, and I’m expecting it to be very ugly…