Max’s Zach Wilson Film Breakdown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Sep 23, 2021.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

My Film Breakdown for all 4 Zach Wilson Interceptions

NYJFOREVER, abyzmul, Patriot and 9 others like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

1st.. looks like he TRIED to lead him... but that 84 stopped.
    now.. I have no idea if he is supposed to do that... or if there is a read whcih would make him stop and Zach should see the same thing

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good breakdown. Good, clear video.

Yes, probably Zach should've thrown most of these away, but the OC should've dialed up some plays that gave Zach more than 3 options. IDK where Zach stands in this regard, but maybe he could be allowed to change plays at the LOS. Maybe that's too much to ask of him at this point, but he seems to be smart enough and with a good enough handle on the offense and reading defenses that maybe this would be a good option.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Max

Great video my friend. Thanks for posting.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yes

also solid vid

MaximusD163 likes this.
  6. MaximusD163

I could be wrong but I’m not sure there’s ever been an NFL rookie allowed to change plays by week 3. I just don’t think anyone is ready for that

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think we all enjoy pain to some capacity as Jets fans. How else do we survive as fans? lol

Good vid, Max.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Radical I admit, but if anyone could do it, I think Zach could. And he might have to if LaFleur keeps dialing up these plays that give him almost no chance to succeed.

9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Very good film breakdown, I appreciate you also pointing out the trapping zone in the Pat's defense.

My only recommendation would be to point out the actual game situation before said play. Score, Down, and distance, time on the clock, etc which might influence how aggressive the play needs to be and what are strategic goals.

Expecting a rookie QB to understand reading defenses and making the right checks, is not easy specifically when dealing with Belichick's complex defensive schemes. But when in doubt, always make the short easy throw first.

I sometimes wonder when a rookie QB comes in with a lot of talent like Wilson, he sometimes develops bad habits because he was able to get away with certain mistakes in college.

Ralebird and MaximusD163 like this.
  10. MaximusD163

I don’t think there’s any doubt he got away with a lot due to arm talent. His college tape is full of unusual progressions including jumping back to his first read at some point. I’m not saying it was good or bad in college, it may have even been encouraged but the NFL is going to require a lot of consistency with progressions.

I think facing a Belichick defense as a rookie in Week 2 is a tough ask, and I’m not down on him as a player. I think once he gets past the Broncos D, he’ll string together a couple good games and build some confidence.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I sure hope he bounces back, my sanity as a fan could use a couple good games. It’s exhausting watching horrendous performances on the offensive side of the ball.

REVISion and MaximusD163 like this.
  12. MaximusD163

Just mentally fortify yourself for tomorrow then, I’m guessing it will be a close loss, although it could be a rough one. I sort of doubt it’s good enough performance for a win, just because I know how good the Broncos Defense is. Von Miller and Justin Simmons are very, very good players and I think they both will have an impact this week.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ok Maximus you might want to explain how the Jet's offense could not pick up any blitzes from Denver this week, just a suggestion.