2021 - Week 3: New York Jets @ Denver Broncos (4:05 PM)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 19, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 26, 2021.
  1. Jets

32.4%
  2. Broncos

67.6%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, very lucky I guess but it's only been the 2 against the Bucs and 2 against the Phins, and it's been many years since.

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think the Jets are going to surprise, so I am preparing for disappointment as they always seem to lay an egg when you think they might win.

cval likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jets to get beat by a former Jets QB again.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the Jets will win, but I think they have a legitimate chance to win. The 11 point spread is ridiculous to me. The Broncos have beaten the Giants and Jaguars. 2 terrible teams. Now many of you would say the Jets are also a terrible team, and that is fair, but I think they have a realistic chance in the game.

6. abyzmul

I don't know if it's that I have achieved football enlightenment by being more interested at this point in how the players improve week-to-week than what the end result of the game is, or that I just have the ability to numb myself like some backwards jellyfish whenever a winning Jets season appears hopeless, but at this point IDGAF who wins this game.

Feels kind of good, actually.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who is going to win. I feel like at some point we are going to put it all together and play some competitive games. I think I'll take next week away from TGG because no matter what happens it will be blown hugely out of proportion. This week hurt my head.

Go Jets!

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why? Bradley Chubb is out. We can double Von Miller, and there shouldn't be much of a pass rush. If we can run the ball, we can win. I like Teddy B, and he's been playing well, but has been pushing the ball downfield. If our secondary continues to play well, and we can get some pressure on Teddy B, we can win this game.

I think Zach bounces back, has a very solid game and throws for 280 yards and a couple of TDs. Our running game rushes for another buck fifty and a score. Our D sacks Teddy 3 times and causes a couple of interceptions which lead to Jets points.

The Jets win 27- 13

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I voted Jets to win because I’m a fan.

4:00PM game allows me to paint some of my house.

Brook! likes this.
  10. abyzmul

You make it sound nice and simple to double a perennial all-pro pass rusher who can move all over with the clownshoes we have on the offensive line. He's going to eat them alive.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bloodbath. Denver secondary is doing some serious damage and Teddy somehow remembered how to throw more than 10 yards while also being pressured at a high rate.

31-10 Broncos.

12. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, I just don't see it. Our OL can't pick up a blitz or a stunt, so, I don't have that much faith in them stopping VM. Maybe, they start to gel, again, I hope you're right.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What I want to see in Denver is a return to the pre-season offense. Quick decisive and in rhythm with short easy throws. Make his drop, one hitch and get the ball out. I want to see an efficient boring offense that is not scared to punt. I want to see Zach get into a rhythm with quick reads and less hero ball. If we get down by 2 scores in the 2nd half play all there hero ball you want but I want to see a focus on getting the ball out and protecting the QB through good play calls. This kid is playing his 3rd game. He might be really good and advanced well beyond what we would expect of a rookie but they should not be putting the entire game on the shoulders of rookie QB especially this early in the season. Let him be a complimentary piece and not be the focus of the offense. Saleh said on draft night that Wilson would not need to carry the team and that they would support him and lift him up. We have not seen this the 1st two games but rather the opposite.Let Wilson go back to playing a rookie role and show that he can efficiently run a conservative offense. Put the game on the defense not the QB.

KY Jets Fan, NY Jets68, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Just play a clean game and lead the offense to a couple touchdowns.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not simple at all. I was just saying that we can win if we do those things. Doing them is where the hard part comes in. We certainly have a better chance with Chubb out, as his replacement hasn't done much.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You go my friend!

17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You know, you have such a great point.

However, the damn commercials drive me nuts. Plus fall to me is such a beautiful season weather-wise and it is a shame to be inside all day watching football commercials which seem to get longer every year!

So now I just record the games and go outside and enjoy the weather. I can rewind to go over a play and fast forward past the commercials. This makes watching the game more enjoyable because of no damn commercials. A three-hour game watching all of a sudden is about an hour-only game watching.

I have trained myself in many cases not to know the final score before watching a recorded game, so I still get the satisfaction of being surprised.

Now if the weather is lousy or you are stuck in some boring family function, then by all means watch the game and all its commercials then.

Noam likes this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I voted for the broncos. I voted for the jets the last two times. Im hoping that voting for the other team will cause the jets to win.

Noam and Brook! like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am tired of Voting

My Vote means Bullsh*t and so does yours

barfolomew likes this.