No two ways about it...Zach laid an egg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Go ahead - drop the other shoe...

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

O'Brien got injured as the entire team imploded around him and we still almost beat the Browns in double overtime.

ConcordeChops, FJF and K'OB like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

He may have lost a QBC but they hired another didn't they. What has he been doing? If you see that option 1 is taken away, why continue to force it... BTW, just a Q, where was the QBC and OC yesterday when, like SAM in the ghost game, they left him on an island.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sam threw for 300 2 TD and one INT, Oh yea, he is 2-0, just saying.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who’s to say next week it doesn’t all come together for a game. In 2 weeks we haven’t really seen anything you wouldn’t expect for a young team with new everything

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

probably the one that went between Davis' hands :rolleyes:

legler82 and REVISion like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

can't be possible. I've seen people here post how he doesn't have elite arm strength /s

REVISion likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I couldn't help myself with that one for the "HiS pAsSes FloAt" crowd.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did they happen to mention it was a 5 yard dump off that was a foot over the back's outstretched hands? :cool:

I kid. But he was throwing the fuck out of every ball on every passing play yesterday, I guess it was nerves. Nice velocity on a day when Mahomes was airing it out.

REVISion likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think it was more worried about getting picked off and not wanting to chance a DB catches up to a touch pass. but he was brett favring every throw

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean he threw a couple flutter balls out there too, let's not act like he didn't. One dialed up pass as hard as he can doesn't excuse all of that.

Bad decision or not, this ball had a lot of zip on it? It's an out route..

Regardless, his velocity hasn't been a big issue and he has plenty of arm for the NFL. I just simply still don't think it's "elite" like others do.

legler82, CotcheryFan and REVISion like this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, that’s fine, and I’ll be happy if that happens. But when they play badly I’ll be disappointed.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what you consider looking bad. Zach hasn’t looked bad to me at any point in the preseason or regular season thus far. My definition of bad would be looking lost and like you don’t belong in the league (see Petty, Hackenberg, McElroy…etc.) & that hasn’t been the case. His mistakes have been mostly from overconfidence in his own arm talent. I find comfort in the fact that this should be easily correctable if he sets his mind to it. He might have fell into the trap of this week finally drinking the next Mahomes/Rodgers hype Kool-Aid that some people have been pouring. Or maybe he was pressing because it’s the 1st home game, it’s the Patriots and/or his fellow QB craft class member Mac Jones was on the other side? Who knows? NE didn’t fool him with anything exotic. He just forced the issue. Up until yesterday he wasn’t making those YOLO pass attempts which I feared from watching his college tape. He had been taking what the defense gives him. He has to find the right balance because we’re not in Utah anymore.

14. legler82

Very catchable ball:confused:

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is by far the most accurate and insightful assessment of yesterdays Wilson’s performance I have read.. 1000% on the money. Forced throws, over confidence, not taking what the defense gives. Spot on.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would have agreed until the Patriot game. I'm curious how he responds but he definitely looked lost out there to me for the first time I've seen him wearing a NYJ jersey.

I felt like he wasn't seeing the field, he wasn't going through his progressions like be had been In the past, he was very uncomfortable, looked incredibly indecisive with the football, held on to the ball, stood In the pocket at times that gave off a deer in headlights feel to me.

I keep seeing people say things like "we knew these kind of games were going to happen for a rookie".

Nope. Rookie or not, this kind of game Isn't "okay". It's a huge concern.

Again, I'm curious to see how he responds and hope we never see a game remotely close to that from him again.

After the way he had been playing, I didn't expect this kind of performance from him. Not a good look.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Bolded, really come on now.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sam would have never done that here. He is getting much better coaching with Brady than he would have here, and I think he needed a change of scenery. His and the Jets' past failures would have been constantly in his mind.

19. legler82

For once I have to disagree w/ you. I thought he was guilty of trying to do too much. I believe all QBs particularly young QBs fall into that trap every once in a while. Even our personal favorite QB prospect was guilty of this against Indiana & it cost him several draft spots. I’ll only be concerned if it’s the beginning of a pattern. I don’t have any evidence of that yet.

#239 legler82, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Sam has benefitted from playing his first two games at home against weak teams/defenses. However, I still think Douglas made a serious error not moving #2 selection for multi picks and retaining Sam. I hope I am proved wrong because he can't do squat about it now.

ouchy and BrooklynJetsFan like this.