No two ways about it...Zach laid an egg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 19, 2021.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t think I said Mac is going to be a better QB in the future. I did say Mac is a better QB, based on today and based on the first two games. Moving on…

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Wilson can't read zone coverages properly...yet. Last week the pick happened the same way, the other 4 ones did. Throwing into zone coverages with alot of defenders around except the 3rd which I think Wilson didn't put enough mustard on.

This week Belichick easily watched the tape and found that out. This won't suddenly change next week. So prepare for a long season.

50ShadesOfGreen and James Hasty like this.
  3. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tend to agree. He has all the tools but just is not given the chance. There must be more to the story than the public knows.

dmw likes this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

We beat them in every stat except turnovers. But slow & steady won the race. Our defense held them to 180 yds passing & around 100 rushing. I think week 4 against the falcons will be the game we put it all together. We made a lot of progress in the running game & pass protection in just 1 week. Unfortunately we took a step back in the passing game. It was nice to see Elijah with a few catches. Looking forward to seeing if we can fix the pass game like we did the running game.

ColoradoContrails and Falco21 like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There's a lot to look forward to. Wilson had a shit game, there's no other way to spin it. He was terrible and made terrible decisions, but I think a large part of that was a mixture of him still learning to read a defense and his internal clock screwed up from the trauma during the Carolina game.

Our defense was awesome today. They got to the QB and the secondary held their own for the second straight game. Our offensive line played much better and we actually had a running game. We lost this game because of the Wilson turnovers, plain and simple.

I'm excited to continue watching this team grow. There is A LOT to look forward to with this young roster. Just got to put it all together with time

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's too many layers to this to easily unpack.

7. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have been a suffering jet fan since 69. Today I honestly told my wife that I was not going to torture myself anymore. I did not portend that the jets would have a good year but I was holding out hope that the games would be competitive. As soon as Zach through the first pick I knew we were in for a long day. It is just so frustrating because every year we hold out hope only to to have a repeat of the horror show. If you look at my posts I thought the jets made a mistake in trading Darnold not because of Darnold but the draft picks that we gave up. The jets need a total rebuild and sacrificing so much in draft capitol for an unknown entity was questionable. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

blackssmagic, SOJAZ, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  8. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I don't know who could be making excuses for him. One pass was knocked down at the line of scrimmage or it would have been another pick. He was just awful and did not seem to learn from his mistakes. I think all the buzz about his rocket arm has impacted the way he processes the game.

James Hasty likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Early in my career I worked corporation transformation, i.e., re-engineering, etc. Anyway, one of the hardest things to do is changing the culture when you have - and this is key - the same personnel, management, etc.

As other more "sane posters" pointed out, and I am paraphrasing here - everything is "Fking" (apologies for the curse) new! If you, and I am addressing the posters that are lambasting Wilson, coaches, players, JD, etc., then your in for a very rude awaking. Even with all the changes, it takes, TIME implement and more time to execute.

Frankly, if you do not get what I am writing, then I strongly suggest that you may want to find another team to root for... because like I said a month ago (in some thread) bucket up, cause your in for a hell-of-a-ride.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No no no, I definitely didn’t suggest killing Joe Namath. Namath just sold his soul to the devil to win SB3 and this team is cursed until the devil collects his payment. There were at least 4 groups of fans I saw that were saying it.

Hope Joe Willie has good health.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

PS... IF this team is playing this way in a few more weeks say game 5-6 then all of us have to raise at the very least yellow flags...

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The one thing to learn from the post game comments is what Saleh said the coaches can learn about the benefits of running a boring offense with a rookie QB. I think he is clearly saying here that they might start treating Zach more like a rookie, play a lot more conservatively and limit his big play options.

Zach's performance in game one where he was the best player on the field might have simply got everyone thinking they could fully unleash him with no brakes. Zach being the worst player on the field in game two likely means they will treat him more like a rookie and limit his exposure to negative plays. At least that seems to what Saleh is saying. He is making it clear that we should get ready for some boring football.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Boring is good if you’re scoring points.

westiedog1 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My guess is it will be relying on the defense by not taking chances on third down, lots of check downs and punting quite often hoping to win 13 to 10 games. People will hate it but it should protect Zach a lot more from days like today.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No one is making an excuse for him and neither is he. Idk where this is coming from, but not one person has been making excuses for Wilson's play today.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I did a photoshoot with Joe's daughter a few weeks back and she promised to introduce us down the road...

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

"Personally, I favor two options: Keep Sam for 2021 without exercising his option and see if he can be reset by the new staff, or trade down a few spots, take Mac Jones, and trade Sam. Jones is not flashy, but in this system, he'll be a damn good pro."

Post #454 in the Build Around Sam thread, Feb 28, 2021.

There are similar posts by others with differing opinions.

I'm going to support Zach until he thrives or is run out of town. He is our Quarterback and I want him to be successful, but the truth is, posters were "shouted over" or lambasted by other forum members for having a contrary opinion leading up to the draft (see the guys you mention above). Some of us simply stopped posting, it wasn't worth the drama. I'm sure others kept their opinions to themselves due to the vitriol being spewed.

We're all just fans, and this forum should be a place to freely express opinions without someone being told they're "stupid", "clueless", or "don't know the game", but that isn't always the case. That type of stuff stifles conversation and discourages participation.

Mini rant over. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. GO ZACH, GO JETS!

SOJAZ, MoWilkBeast, legler82 and 6 others like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I made a funny.

I left your name out of it... :cool:

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

you should try watching the Jets sometime...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ralebird likes this.
  20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I will take that bet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk