Hot take

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Sep 16, 2021.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets love to lead the league in something - sadly it tends to be interceptions thrown by their QBs - how long before he gets dubbed Sanchez MK 3?

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You mean like when Namath threw 6 in one game vs Miami?

Or what about the game when Namath threw 6 against Houston?

Actually how about the game Namath threw 6 against the Colts?

How about when Vinny threw 6 against the Vikings?

Favre throwing 6 against the Rams?

Peyton throwing 6 against the Chargers?

PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

There's no doubt Wilson had an awful game. He made a lot of bad decisions. It's also way too early to be totally out on him.

4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

He will be fine but people on this board who pushed Sam out should own it.

BrooklynJetsFan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not totally out on him but then I was never totally in on him either - mainly based on the level of competition he faced in college meaning its hard to tell what his potential is - just frustrating to have to go through yet more growing pains with a rookie QB (after Sanchez, Smith, Darnold and now Wilson) where they look terrible but you keep hoping its just growing pains and there will be major improvements down the line (that never seem to come and we just end up repeating the experiment again in 3-4 years)

Br4d likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Damn, Sam got his gold jacket this weekend?

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think it became fair to write off Darnold a little more than halfway through his second season. I'll give Wilson about that long barring absolute catastrophes every game.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's one way (gun shy) it can manifest itself, but with Wilson who has absolute faith in his arm, it's more likely (to me) that he began second guessing himself - not the same as "gun shy".

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Theres a big difference on the total amount of INTs a Qb may have compared to how they were thrown. It wasn’t like these were tipped balls or receivers running the wrong route, 3 of them were throws were just baffling and had 0 chance. That’s all I’m saying. If they don’t trouble you the least bit, then that says something

jets_fan likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

One was through the hands of the receiver. One was a tipped ball. And one was apparently a miscommunication on the route as Wilson said there was "confusion" between him and the receiver. Two of them were horrible throws.

Am I concerned? No. He's a fuckin rookie in his 2nd game of his nfl career, playing a top defense in the league ran by Bill Bilichick.

I'll tell you when I'm worried. When this consistently happens week after week.

He's a God damn rookie learning the NFL

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My hot take would be that the clock in Zach's head was off today and he was throwing the ball too quickly. Not quite at the hearing footsteps point yet but if the Jets can't stop the free runs at him he's very likely to be ruined before his career ever gets started.

I have no idea what the Jets are thinking about this but if they're not thinking about it we're in deep trouble.

PJ4Ever and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not writing him off - as I said I haven't written him off but I was never keen on the pick in the first place so I don't feel hugely invested (as yet)

jets_fan likes this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

yeah the first two picks were off the hands. Feel like Davis should come down with those, Davis even acknowledged it. One was a miscommunication but still seemed like a bad throw. The one on an out was just a bad read, the defender was in better position as he played under the route. Wilson seems to play better, gotta get him some easy throws, seems like that was the plan but it got away quickly. Onto next week!

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Jets GM and Coach own this dumpster fire of a team.
    Not a win now plan…
    Face it. This team if you can call it that, is treading water hoping not to loose to much of a fan base so they can get more draft picks.
    Fans be damned!

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually the first ball WAS tipped. It wasn't a very good throw, and probably shouldn't have been attempted, but it wasn't a head scratcher like the last INT was.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Own what? Sam needed to go. With his contract situation, there's no way that they could have kept him. If Zach is struggling like this, Sam would have been even worse with the lack of good coaching he's getting from LaFleur and with the crappy, predictable play calling.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

There is no effing way that they could have had a "win now" plan. It's mind boggling that you even bring that up. With the lack of talent on this team, there's no way they could go in win now mode. That's totally laughable and absurd.

PJ4Ever and AJW like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I truly think that they should just fold the franchise. Two-thirds of the fanbase has either forgotten everything they ever knew about football, or never knew anything to begin with. We must have the dumbest fanbase in all of sports.

#58 NCJetsfan, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    PJ4Ever and bicketybam like this.
  19. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

We will always be here but it's irrelevant what we think as it should be. Need a couple of years to let it play out.

20. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

And how many TD’s did each one throw in those games?