In One Game Zach Answerers Some Questions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 16, 2021.

1. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Hold on. The Jets ruined Christian Hackenberg? He wasn't already bad goods?

Truth: They lifted Sanchez above his ceiling.
    Truth: They ruined Darnold. Hopefully for him, not beyond repair because he's a good kid.
    Clemens and Mcllroy, curious to how we actively ruined them?

BacktoQueens and Noam like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but I think many of those posts are tongue-in-cheek posts, and are just listing all the turkeys that the Jets have drafted at QB.

I agree regarding Sanchez, and the rest, but I disagree with you regarding Sam. The Jets certainly didn't help Sam, but I don't think they ruined him. I think he was an overhyped prospect to begin with. He didn't start playing QB until his junior year of high school, and then only part time (he was a linebacker). He then played QB full time his Sr. season and two years at USC. That's not much time playing the most important position in sports. He definitely has the physical talent, but imo not the mental aspects, including instincts that come from playing the position for years. I think there's many of the nuances of the position that he still hasn't learned. He worked with one of the top two private QB coaches in the NFL, and 4 years later still had horrible footwork, couldn't read a D, made horrible decisions throwing into double and triple coverage, not throwing the ball away, etc. The Jets didn't do that to him. They subjected him to a pounding, didn't surround him with talent, and didn't give him great coaching. They never should have started him his rookie season. He should have sat for a minimum of a year behind a veteran QB, worked on his fundamentals and learned the nuances of the position, so the Jets hurt him in that way as well. Still, he was a flawed prospect, and in spite of working with a top QB coach, never learned some very important basics/fundamentals. I think if he had started as a QB rather than as a LB, he may have had top potential, but he didn't. It appeared this past Sunday that Sam has been receiving excellent coaching and is learning and putting that into practice. He may be able to develop into a really good QB in another year or two and still have a good career. IMO the Jets share in the blame for his poor play with us, but aren't solely culpable. Sam, his coach at USC, and his private QB coach, Jordan Palmer, all share the blame.

I do agree that he's a great kid. He's easy to root for.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Back to the original’s poster, I think Zach may have answered few questions but he didn’t answer my question yet confirming he is an extremely smart QB who doesn’t make mistakes.

but in his fairness, he has several games or the season to show it. He made few bad mistakes on the Carolina game but as expected he s a rookie who will hopefully learn from the mistakes.

But agree that the OL has to get better in protecting him. Zach does get away well but I haven’t seen him rush for yards which I thought he also excels at escaping and picking up yards.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That throw really was impressive.

It's funny because when it happened, I thought he got it off clean before the defender hit him. Then I watched the replay and he was hit in the middle of the throw and still was able to throw the ball 40 yards down the field perfectly accurate.

It is becoming so hard for me to find negatives in this kid. I was wrong thinking Darnold was our next FQB, but throughout his play there were little things that concerned me always. He struggled with the pass rush, made dumb decisions, and struggled protecting the football. This kid is light years better than where Darnold was as a rookie

Noam, Acad23 and Brook! like this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

John Beck QB whisperer?

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Kliff Kingsbury...

8. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Wasn't Greg McElroy sacked like 11 times against the chargers?

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In fairness to McElroy. He suffered a concussion on the 1st series (I believe it was on his rushing TD) and played the entire game not being there mentally.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If Sam ever was destined to be a good quarterback in this league, he still has the opportunity to be in. He's in a decent offense with the leagues best playmaker and a low-pressure media market. I don't think he ever will be because his overall fundamentals in clean pockets are absolutely awful, but I do believe good quarterbacks can lift teammates up and overcome bad situations.

Most young high draft picks walk into bad situations. The ones that were going to be good players, overcome the bad situations.

11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The original post was in jest.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

A whole new set of questions this week lmao.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

1 - Davis needs to catch that.
    2 - Wilson made the right decision either way, regardless of the announcers believing he needs to hit the flats. He needs to set his feet and get that ball down into the gut of Davis though so he can fall as he catches it.

blackssmagic and Royal Tee like this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I actually agree... That was a perfectly fine decision. You know I don't listen to the dims on the telly.. Lol.. He saw he ducked up on blaming the kid and he doubles down..

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

I actually don't hate Trent Green and I don't think he's completely wrong but both receivers were open. Davis gets a first down, flat receiver gets 6.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Wow Wilson answered all the questions today

17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

We now know Wilson also believes in ghosts.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Darnold is going to playoffs this year in Carolina. Better OC, better weapons. He’s a good QB. always was. Jets fan just expected him to be Aaron Rodgers. He’s not, but with weapons and playcalling he’s going to beat you

blackssmagic and Royal Tee like this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

and the abominable snow man, and four leaf clovers. let’s get him exorcised after the game. we got 15 games to go.

20. BrooklynJetsFan

I would up Let’s dial up one trick pony illiterate Denzel Mims 40 yd bomb?! oh. he’s inactive

This is more than frustrating to watch. Don’t tell me Crowder + Mims doesn’t help this offense.

Royal Tee and blackssmagic like this.