Film Cut-Ups From Week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Sep 15, 2021.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Kyle Shanahan will be the first to tell you it’s not West Coast Offense. It use similar verbiage but it's not classic West Coast really at all.

Jonathan_Vilma and abyzmul like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

c-mac didn't do any crazy c-mac stuff though and they still won. it's better then getting zach killed.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know. I remember an article that interviewed Shanahan and he got quite testy that his offense isn't a West Coast Offense. Still, many others call it a West Coast Offense. We used some slants last year and those would be quick passes that would slow down a pass rush. With Zach's accuracy,a nd our WRS, I would think we could run these easily and they would be very effective.

#43 NCJetsfan, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    ouchy likes this.
  4. MaximusD163

9/9 for 89 yards, 9.9 yards/catch?

If you can just quick pass it to a guy who will essentially get a 1st down 10 times in a game that is extremely impactful especially in the face of pressure. It's like a get out of jail free card for a QB. It keeps a team from blitzing too much and makes QB pressures much less impactful.

That's not even mentioning his 98 yards on 21 carries for 4.7 yards per.

5. MaximusD163

Even in a 16 game season that would total
    1,568 Rushing Yards
    1,424 Receiving Yards 144 receptions

He didn't have a 50 yard TD but those pick you apart plays would give him MVP type stats over the course of a season. People seem to be really undervaluing what McCaffrey did to the Jets last week.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

People seem to undervalue what he does even since college. I really wanted the Jets to take him if they weren't taking Mahomes or Watson, instead we got a Safety who isn't with the team any longer. I was told by multiple people that you don't draft a "RB" that high, so clearly people were not seeing the all purpose threat he represented. As you said, he's a QB's best friend.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not me. It was killing me. The Jets knew he was Carolina's only real threat. He was 90% of their offense. and the Jets still couldn't stop him.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Bend but don't break?

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's also a misnomer that Shanahan wants to run some sort of quick passing WCO. He wants to run an offense that looks similar to the Falcons SB team where they aired the ball out and one that looks like his first year in SF when Garroppolo came back and went 5-0.

He just rolled with what Happy Feet Jimmy was comfortable with and suited the personel in feeding Deebo/Kittle and didn't allow the scared puppy that is Garroppolo to make mistakes in the pocket whilst holding onto the ball for too long.

Not sure how that compares with what LaFleur's true intentions are, but Shanahan has always wanted to run a play action down field attack.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  10. MaximusD163

It’s been a major assumption, by a lot of the media too, that LaFleur is just carbon copying Shanahan’s offense. I’m really curious how it’s going to look as things unfold over the first 5-6 weeks

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

great numbers for sure, but honestly pretty average day for c-mac. he is the best RB in the league