Mekhi Becton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just a feeling (no stats to back it up), but I feel like a lot of teams abandoned the run early in week 1.

15 runningback rushes from the Bills in a one score loss.

14 by the Cowboys, 13 by the Buccaneers. 14 by the Packers (blowout). 17 by the Rams.

#301 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    abyzmul, Red Menace and Acad23 like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So how much did he weigh on Sunday?

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That was a straight reply to your he has played one game comment.

It is like you didn't actually read my original post before activating smart mouth mode.

Knock yourself out pal.

Have a great morning, evening, sleep or whatever it is wherever you are.

4. Ralebird

No. Question what people claim because far too many have their minds made up with no basis in fact. Kind of like when Robby Anderson got arrested and a bunch of guys were writing him off as a criminal who was going to prison and who all just ignored it when the charges were dropped, like it never even happened. But that's okay with you? I want more than simply unfounded opinion dressed up like reality; I want empty claims supported. I'm okay with you accepting BS but that doesn't mean I have to.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They all wanted Wirfs it seems.

REVISion likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how the fuck would I know

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Fant!

Mogriffjr, K'OB, cval and 2 others like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That’s what OC are supposed to do, continue to run the ball, every run is not going to be a 5 yard pick up, unless you have the 1990s Dallas Cowboy OL.

If that were the case RBs would be breaking the 2000 yearly rushing mark with ease.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

So, he got second opinion, and is going under the knife. Could miss up to 8 weeks. We likely won't see him until mid-end November.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He had a concussion!

Ralebird likes this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It does not matter if you think Becton played poorly or did not he played better than Fant and Fant is now our starting left Tackle. I feel bad for Zach or they better help Fant with double teams.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

I suspect we wont see him in 2021 again

13. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I watched tape for DAL/TB and BUF/PIT

The Cowboys weren’t getting anything done against the Bucs front, particularly Vea. The strength of the Cowboys offense is Dak, Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup and they basically knew they were wasting downs trying to run.

The Cowboys handled the run pretty well but the Bucs will always be the most dangerous when Brady has the ball in his hands. They mix the run in periodically to keep defenses honest but I wouldn’t say they ran heavy early and gave up on it. They also used a lot of short passes to Fournette in the flats instead of rushing attempts.

The Steelers D was absolutely stuffing the run against the Bills. Cam Heyward is so good against the run, and with Bush behind him to clean up they were very effective. Melvin Ingram was really good at edge vs the run as well. Plus I think the Bills had a bottom 5 rush offense last year, they live in 3 and 4 WR sets.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sometimes running the ball might feel like a waste, but it still can help with balance. I admittedly did not watch Pitt/Buffalo so I was just going off the stat sheet.

As far as Dallas is concerned they had a couple good runs running wide and at Barrett/JPP. Then they turned right back into running the ball up the gut at Vea + Suh which made zero sense to me when they looked like they had a shot to get some yards outside.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

TMZ got it right!

NY JETS' ROBBY ANDERSON
    OFF THE HOOK IN WIFE-BANGING SPEEDING ARREST

Robby Anderson -- the guy who allegedly told a cop he was going to find his wife and bang her out of spite -- is essentially off the hook in his speeding case ... and all he had to do was pay a fine!!!

Remember, the NY Jets stud WR was arrested in Florida back in January after cops say he was doing 105 mph in a 45 mph -- and during the stop, he went completely nuclear on the arresting officer.

"He was going to find my wife, f*ck her and nut in her eye," the officer wrote in his arrest report.

Anderson was initially hit with 9 charges including 3 felonies (harming a public servant, fleeing and eluding and reckless speeding) and faced up to 15 YEARS in prison!!!!

But now, the Florida State Attorney's office tells TMZ Sports ... prosecutors have declined to move forward with ANY of the felony charges and the reckless speeding charge was downgraded to a misdemeanor.

And get this ... court records show Anderson was only ordered to pay a fine in the misdemeanor case (which he did) ... and it appears the case is essentially closed.

It's good news for Anderson -- but he could still be punished by the NFL if league officials find he violated the personal conduct policy.

[​IMG]

17. MaximusD163

Between Lavonte David and Devin White, the range of their LB corps is among the best in the league. Getting the corner on them is not easy. I think I also saw a couple get by but I don’t remember the circumstances anymore. Might have been a LB run blitz up the middle leaving edges exposed.

Plus they clearly having a ton of success through the air. When you throw for over 400 yards and lose by a couple of points it’s hard to say anything offensive was the issue.

18. BrowningNagle

Anyone coulda had Melvin Ingram for cheap, including our Jets. Ingram ended up signing a measly 1 year $4 mill contract with the Steelers

......... food for thought.

19. MaximusD163

I advocated for him during the season last year, prior to free agency. I’m pretty sure I had him in one of my mock off-seasons. I wonder if I can find it

20. Ralebird

Exactly my point.

You don't know how much he weighs; you don't know if he's lighter or heavier than he was last year; you don't know if he's at, above or below the weight the Jets want him at and you don't know if his weight or another factor, unknown to you and I, is what was causing his problems this year. Interestingly enough, those who make a living by reporting what's going on, who have much more access than you or I but have the same availability to film and statistics have not seen fit to claim any such thing. Your opinion does not become anyone else's fact - you just might be wrong.

Mogriffjr and MoWilkBeast like this.