2021 - Week 2: New England Patriots @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 13, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 19, 2021.
  1. Jets

24.4%
  2. Patriots

75.6%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How did Bill Belichick's first stint as head coach go? Thank God for him some of you guys weren't calling the shots otherwise he would have never coached another game.

Armchair GM's. Gotta love them.

NCJetsfan, dawinner127, cval and 2 others like this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

This Patriot team will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. The Boston media as usual think this should be an easy victory for the Patriots. They are so in love with Mac Jones that they argued the loss to the Dolphins was not a big deal because Mac Jones played well. I am guessing the NY media is no different because it is all about the QB these days.

Had the Jets not suffered so many injuries, I think calling this game would be very difficult. Even if the Jets do not win this game, I m hoping they will still give a good effort and make the Patriots earn their victory.

But what if the Jets win this game? There will be folks jumping off bridges in Boston, and there is a sick side of me that might find this amusing. Yes, I am more of a Patriot fan than a Jet fan, but there is a side of me that would like the Jets to win to prove the dumb Boston media wrong again.

But since both teams have rookie QBs, you might see both teams running the ball more often and executing a more conservative offense. The Patriots lost their Right tackle Trent Browm and looked very vulnerable there against the fish. The secondary has issues that the Jets can easily exploit. Special teams are not doing a great job covering punts and kickoffs.

So I would not be surprised to see a low-scoring game. Let's see how the Jets deal with the adversity of having many players out.

SOJAZ, NYJFOREVER and bicketybam like this.
  3. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Jets coaches make adjustments. Look at the game film of Mac v Dolphins and have a plan to stop him.

of course belichek will do the same for Wilson. Ball security and turnovers will determine the outcome.

don’t turn the ball over should be drilled in all players this week esp.

can’t play fast and loose.

jets 10 pats 3.

Lam

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I could very well be wrong but I think the roll outs to the right were because fant was getting beat routinely so the natural motion is to drop a little deeper and roll to towards the space the defender just vacated. If pressure comes from the right and you roll left your being flushed right into a defender.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys and girls...I know Brook said it was ok but I hate pushing stuff so I will just put link to the site here.
    Made a video just now about Trevor and his decision to go to Jacksonville...my blood is boiling with the media
    as I hear all the nonsense going on down there...it made me think way too much..so...a video.
    You will see it with Urban Meyer picture. Thanks for everything and keep the faith !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9stpJ01yfdifwdLWtfdZJA

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You da best. Thanks dude. Are you going to the game Sunday?

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not this Sunday. Sold my ticket as I need to drive to Philly for an event this weekend. I am there Titans game.

8. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Jets will win.
    Parking lot opens at 8:00AM.
    Bloody Mary’s and Lobster rolls.
    Seeing my tailgate buds after toooooo long.
    CAN’T WAIT!!!

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Love the fire.....
    but Lobster rolls are waaay overrated imo.
    Slice the bottom of tails and fill with lemon/lime herb butter & Throw those tails on the grill shell side down.... thank me later.
    Dont ruin wonderful lobster with bread and mayo

dawinner127 and bicketybam like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will pay you guys a visit at the Titans game. See you soon my friend.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

White on White home opener. Love it!

Brook! likes this.
  12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think the Pats protect their young QB's well. Not necessarily o-line, but scheme. Seeing a lot of what they did the first year Brady started. Had him managing the game and not making game changing turnovers.

I think the Pats D will be the difference. 20 - 14.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Sucks for me that the Pats have the worst uni's in the division, if not most of the league now. The white jersey is not too bad, but the all blue are horrendous. Jets have great uni's and helmets now [IMO]. Phins and Bills kind of classic.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm expecting the Pats O to come out and try to dink and dunk their way up and down the field. The Jets defense needs to be ready to come up and tackle like they did against Carolina. If they can do that, I expect the Jets D to have a really good game.

Offensively, the Jets need to start to use the quick pass game as an extension of the run game to stay ahead of the sticks; be less predictable on 3rd down. The Jets WRs will win their matchups against NEs secondary (wow that feels nice to type out for once), the Jets OL needs to give Zach enough time hit his receivers.

Tackle on defense and keep Zach upright and I think the Jets can win this game.

15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I just heard another depressing stat: Jets currently have the 2nd longest winless streak ever in September at 10 in a row.

#1 all time is the Rams at 13 during Jeff Fisher years.

It would certainly be nice to end this shitty streak on Sunday......

ouchy likes this.
  16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's hard to pick against Belichick when he's facing a young quarterback. Especially considering how bad the offensive line is. The September losing streak continues.
    Pats 24
    Jets 14

17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Depends on who's making it. The was a seafood place in Brooklyn's South Slope (3rd Ave) called Brooklyn Fish Camp. They also had a hole in the wall place in the Village (Jones St.) The lobster roll there was to die for. Too bad both places closed, some years before the pandemic.

GreenFan15J likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Most Jets fans dislike them I think. I don't hate them but they are so basic it's tough for me to like them. It's like someone started out with a basic new uniform template, set the colors, added a small detail or two and gave up. There is no symbolism or meaning in any of the details at all, except maybe that small component of a fighter jet wing where it joins the fuselage. Sort of.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If NYJ takes this game the whole perception shifts--they just might do it.

Brook! likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets win this game then it will only be the first Super Bowl the Jets win in 2021.

I'll take it even with the unrealistic reactions though, I'm so sick of losing to this team.

Patriot likes this.