Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's likely moore and davis on the outside with crowder in the slot and cole as the WR4 to sub in to any of those spots when needed.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Are you assuming Berrios moves to the not dressed or it’s a fact?

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s assuming, wrongly at that. 6 wrs will be active and berrios will be one of them seeing he is the primary punt returner. Smith or mims inactive and suicide watches issued for some members here if it’s mims.

Sack exchange, MoWilkBeast and LAJet like this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This might add some more fuel to the fire:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2021/9/16/22677173/report-mims-situation-dicey-according-to-cimini

“There were six or seven plays in training camp where he ran the wrong route. It wasn’t dramatically wrong, not a total bust, but slight imperfections in his route running that caused the coaching staff to get on him. I don’t think he handled it well and he feels like he is being penalized for mistakes that some of the other receivers are making as well”

"Cimini went on to say that following the catch (above), Jets offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur went to give Mims a pep talk around him being proud of him and to keep going because he’s almost there, a motivating chat designed to be positive reinforcement. Instead Cimini said that “it didn’t go over well with Mims” and has created a “dicey situation”.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

“Mims is really talented man, it’s really up to him, coming out here and doing the work every single day. The grind gets hard, it’s tough at times, even for me there are days I don’t want to come out here, but in order to get better you’ve got to do the things you don’t want to do. So for him it’s just that mental block and pushing past that, because he has all the physical attributes, mentally, I think that’s where his battle is”

To me this is the most telling coming from a teammate.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was just going to post this. Apparently there is some bad blood brewing between Mims and LaFluer. In another article I read last night it claimed Mims was saying every WR made the same mistake in this drill but he was the only one getting called out. Who knows whats true, but Mims is going to lose if this escalates. I got a feeling we may be shopping Mims if this keeps up.

On another note, Crowder hasn't practiced since after the Phily game. He may be pretty rusty and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of Cole on Sunday.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  7. REVISion

Remember how JD was supposedly focusing on high character guys? It seems Mims has been pouting most of the offseason while not knowing the playbook as well as others.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's actually having difficulty learning it?

Why is it whenever a player is having difficulty with the mental aspect of the game it's always "the player isn't putting in the work"? Some people just struggle learning new concepts; we have absolutely no idea what kind of work Mims is putting in off the field.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Only reason I could see Mims being activated over Smith is that Mims can be a valuable target in the RZ, other than that, I expect him to be inactive.

FJF likes this.
  10. FJF

You never really know how people are going to act when they get some money until they get it.
    Right now, without more context, it sounds like mims is a little thin skinned. I’d like to know who the other receivers were that ran the route wrong. Typically the players that mess up and do t get coached about it are already considering lost causes. Never get mad that a coach is yelling at you, worry when he stops.

#190 FJF, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  11. FJF

Agreed. Though Cole, crowder, berrios, Moore, and Smith is a little redundant . Mims for Smith would make more sense.

12. REVISion

He clearly is, that's the point. Part of high character is intelligence. Acquiring smart players has been something the Patriots have stressed for decades.

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Douglas is probably already shopping him to recover that 2nd rounder.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this si probably correct and we all assume it'll be smith but in reality mims could be a healthy scratch if smith knows the playbook better. the reality is I doubt whoever is WR6 sees the field anyway. It'll be a large dose of davis, crowder, and moore with berrios and cole sprinkled in for some reps to give the other guys a break. If my count is correct I don't think davis had a snap off really. moore only had 1 less snap then davis.

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

which teammate? (haven't seen this b4)

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Corey Davis

17. Losmeister

well, then... CD saying Mimsy has a mental block... work ethic? learning problem?
    CD saying that... that's the goods afaic

18. FJF

Like saleh said. bench reps are directly tied to the offense moving the ball . Hopefully we get these guys more opportunities

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  19. Losmeister

all fans whingeing ...is just pent up frustration w/ us being suck for so much of our lives...

sounds like the CS knows what they are doing

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This seems similar to what’s going on in SF with Aiyuk. He didn’t get many reps last week and it’s the same with Mims…mental reps, knowing the route tree and when to adjust the route based upon coverage. Honestly maybe the lone play he ran may have showed he’s making strides there but we will see on Sunday if he’s active, depending on Crowder’s groin.