2022 Prospects to look at

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, May 5, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we have mims davis and moore. I wouldn't give up a 1st for a WR. we also have crowder and cole this year for a deep core. WR4/WR5 are typically cheap and easy to find in free agency or later in the draft and we are stacked with picks. I don't see us trading a high pick or drafting a WR high any time soon.

#61 GasedAndConfused, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    mrjet80, KingRoach and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

JT Daniels is a bit of a dark horse from Georgia. He played really well at the end of the year and probably should've been the full year starter (might've been held back because of rehab). Forewent his senior year in high school to join USC a year early.

Not in love with the California roots but he'll have two years in the SEC albeit on an archaic offense.

3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Cain Madden, RG, Marshall

Old prospect but potential plug and play starter on the right side. Highest PFF grade among IOL in 2020. Has steadily improved over 4 years. Transferring for his 5th year, likely to a bigger school with a larger spotlight. One of the consensus top guards for next year, Texas A&M Kenyon Green has lobbied for Madden and Madden is expected to visit Norte Dame.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Andrew Booth, Clemson CB, is someone to keep an eye on.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

These are my top 10 players @ positions of need for our Jets.

1.) Kayvon Thibodeaux. 4-3 DE pass rusher. Oregon.

(Kayvon/Lawson would become the best 4-3 DE's since Abe/Ellis and with QW would become the greatest D-Line since the Sack Exchange).

2.) Derek Stingley Jr. CB. LSU.

There aren't many #24's alive but this kid has the athleticism to become one of the greats.

3.) Evan Neal. OT. Alabama.

With Mekhi Becton @ LT, Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG and Evan Neal @ RT? That's 3 consecutive 1st round O-Lineman under JD which would form one of the greatest Jets Offensive Lines of All-Time for a young Zach Wilson.

4.) Kaiir Elam. CB. Florida Gators.

He's literally right behind Stingley Jr. As an FSU fan I've just recently gotten around to watching his film. In order to see what all this hype was about. This kid is awesome. @ 6'2/193lbs he's got amazing size and freakish athleticism; the CB battle between him and Stingley Jr. will become one for the ages this upcoming season.

5.) Jalen Wydermyer. TE. Texas A&M.

Omg. 6'5/265 lbs. He's the next Kyle Pitts phenom @ TE and finished 2nd in All-SEC honors @ TE last year (only behind Pitts). An absolute animal.

6.) George Pickens. WR. Georgia.

I don't care if he's coming off an ACL injury. If not, he's everyone's #1 WR. 6'3/190 lbs and is absolutely incredible. True outside #1 All-Pro ability and an ACL injury still can't stop him from going 1st round and no, I wouldn't pass on him because of a FA addition Corey Davis because a homegrown trio of Pickens and Mims on the outside with Elijah Moore working the slot becomes A+ for Zach Wilson (Corey Davis becomes #4 or trade). If there is one player worth taking a gamble on? It's George Pickens (I love this kid).

7.) DeMarvin Leal. DT. Texas A&M.
    Sheldon Rankins isn't elite enough to make me pass on an athletic 6'4/290lbs monster in the middle. I know. Another DT, right? Well. We're now in a 4-3 D-Line and the thought of both Quinnen Williams and DeMarvin Leal as a 4-3 DT duo would become a nightmare for opposing O-Lines. A D-Line of Lawson, QW/Leal is scary regardless who emerges as our DE opposite of Lawson.

8.) Breece Hall. RB. Iowa State.

Yes. I love Michael Carter but Breece Hall @ 6'1/215 lbs imo is more of an every down back and imo only Najee Harris had a better 2020 @ RB than this kid. He's a freak of nature out there and a RB duo of Hall/Carter would become something so dynamic it'll be unreal.

9.) Kyle Hamilton. Safety. Notre Dame.

Yeah. Yeah. Another Safety etc. Who cares he's the most exciting and versatile defensive player in all of college football imo. As an FSU fan I'm hopeful for Hamsah Nasirildeen but I believe Saleh wants him at 4-3 OLB due to both coverage and tackling ability but Kyle Hamilton is an animal and a filthy dog out there. I wouldn't mind Jamal Adams Vol. 2. He's #9 on my list but he's overall a top 5 talent to me.

10.) Tyler Linderbaum. Center. Iowa.

Most mocks have him going in the early 2nd round and guess what, we've got two 2nd round picks. Even if we go Evan Neal OT 1st round, I'd most definitely take this kid in the 2nd because Mekhi Becton (LT), Vera-Tucker (LG), Tyler Linderbaum (Center) and Evan Neal (RT) would have Joe Douglasville's name written all over it. With that O-Line? Zach Wilson would have every opportunity in the world to become pure greatness.

(Not a fan of Drake Jackson. USC. Seems to be more media hype than actual dominance on the Football field. I don't see the production just yet and hopefully he can prove me wrong but as of right now he's not cracking my top 10).

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Evan Neal is insanely athletic for his size, just look at this box jump

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

Zamir White RB

Jalen Wydermyer TE

8. GasedAndConfused

Calvin Austin III WR

Dude is small. i've seen him listed at 5-6 to 5-9 but on the field 5-6 is probably more accurate and only around 150 lbs but he's explosive and a track star and better at catching in traffic then you;d think. Also returns punts and is a 6th or 7th rounder and a great YAC/gadget guy. a better jeff smith and could be useful in this offense

9. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Evan Neal with our 1st Pick then go Defensive BPA with the Seattle Pick.

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Haven’t started my draft prep but after 1 week I’d say our needs are as follows.

1.TE
    2.Interior OL
    3. Edge
    4. RB
    5. CB
    6. Safety

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Assuming Thibodeaux is off the board yes Neal is a good pick. Move Becton inside ....

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  12. mrjet80

OL and Edge most important needs. A good bellwether RB is also needed and has been for a while. CBs played well Sunday if that continues I doubt another gets drafted especially early - they drafted what 3 CBs this year? If anything they’d sign a FA CB to complement. Maybe draft Neal with first pick and move Becton inside? And don’t be surprised if they grab a center on day 2.

13. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Dude's jump cut reminds me a Lot of Curtis Martin.

14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Football is a simple game. Protect the QB...

1. OT: If Moses is not the answer at RT, because Fant clearly is not. We will need to go after Evan Neal. Not only because Becton can't stay healthy, because you can never have enough good OL.

2. IOL. Weather it's at Seattle or our 2nd round pick, we need to go after another IOL. Is what it is.

3. DE, TE, or WR (BPA). A lot just depends on how Mims looks, how our d looks, etc.

Bottom line. 2 out of 3 picks next year should be OL to start.

mrjet80 likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

Cade Otton, Washington TE

16. mrjet80

What would you say to Neal with the first pick and then Linderbaum with the next pick if he’s still available?

17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Personally, I would love it. I say that because we have seemed to wiff on the big OL FA each year. It's just never a guarantee the top FA make it to the market, and then sign with you. IOL is a bit easier to sign in FA but not sure how strong that class is. I feel like we are more likely to end up with players like GVR and Fant than a Paradis (who we were in for) and other top FA. We have the money this year so maybe that can change and we can focus to D with that part of the draft.

mrjet80 likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina TE

blackssmagic likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I never advocate for picking a safety high, but if there was ever one that's worth it, it's Bubba Bolden.

He's the next incarnation of Sean Taylor (RIP) and Ed Reed. Ballhawk that's in on every play, run or pass. He's unbelievable.

Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame is equally as impressive.

20. mrjet80

That may be true but the Jets don’t have that luxury. They need to go OL and EDGE early and often - years of ignoring those two areas have put them in this plight. A team can’t win without fixing those positions first and especially OL for Wilson’s health. A bellwether RB and a dependable TE would be next followed by safety. Just my two cents....

#80 mrjet80, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021