Fans need to be patient

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Whatever it is, it shouldn't be this:

Check this play - 2 guys collapse on him, that's what 500+ lbs went into his ribs? He was able to get his left and leg from under him and extend them - otherwise either would be ripped off. Fell turned a bit towards right shoulder, this could have been injured too. And then head slammed against the turf. Honestly, we are very lucky he was able to get up without some major injury after this.

#21 Borat, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    AJW, ouchy, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  2. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I thought there was a rule about sacking the quarterback and putting your weight on them?

AJW and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This team hasn’t made the playoffs in 11 years. The fan base is increasingly impatient and I can’t blame them.

Jonathan_Vilma, papapump and REVISion like this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I thought for sure he was seriously injured after this one. As soon as I saw him slow to get up I wanted to puke. At first it looked like his legs got stuck under him and then it looked like he was concussed from his head slamming into the ground.

JD and the offensive coaching staff should be ashamed quite frankly.

ouchy, Cman68, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is now, what, the 4th OL scheme in 4 years? I get it...they want to go in a whole new direction, but as the Stones said: "You can't always get what you want". They need to seriously reassess and figure out if they have a reasonable match between their scheme and the players they actually have.

Beyond that, LaFleur needs to come up with a different game plan to take the heat of Zach. There are things the OC can do to make that happen. Running into the interior for no gain repeatedly and thus setting up certain passing downs where the defense can just tee off isn't one of them.

I doubt they'll do it, but if they can't get their shit together for the Pats, Zach should sit.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can deal with anything this year except Zach getting hurt or becoming David Carr part deux. If that happens, I will want Saleh's and LaFleur's heads on a pike outside of the Jets' HQ.

Cman68, Noam, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I've been a fan since 1964. I can and will be patient with anything except the OL continuing to suck at pass blocking and getting Zach hurt. If Zach gets hurt or starts seeing ghosts, then I will want heads to roll (literally). Zach is more important to me and to this franchise than Saleh, LaFleur, the OL Coach, and Becton, AVT, McGovern, GVR, Fant and Moses all rolled together.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Exactly! The OL should be told that if they allow this disgrace to happen again that they will be lined up and summarily executed on the 50 yard line, and then carry it out.

Footballgod214, Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Play Johnson or White. Let them take the pounding. Protect Zach at all costs!

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

TGG patience = “don’t be critical of the players, coaches, or front office until I feel it’s warranted”.

Also

Preseason: “We need to be patient etc etc…”.
    Same dude after week one: “JD’s on the hot seat, LeFlowers is incompetent, etc etc…”.

11. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

We don't have to be patient, we're going 13-4. Nvm, that was DWC.

bicketybam, Cman68 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Amazing how that works.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Whatever they did after Becton went down seemed to work better.. what do you think?

Unfortunately JD can't find a quality OL man at this point of Season . They will have to make do with what they have

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Wilson winds up washed out that is on Douglas. You can talk organizational commitment to Wilson however it is the GM's responsibility to shop for the groceries and if they're spoilt out of the bag it is on him not the people who try to cook with them afterwards.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Not Jets QB. Jameis got a RP call for getting sacked though.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Zach played better and McGovern made a great block after Fant got burned again.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This. Sunday was LaFleur's first game as an OC but I fully expect him to go to the film and come up with a better game plan for this week. Primarily one with a lot of quick reads so that Zach gets the ball out of his hands before he gets murdered.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It may come to that if Zach keeps taking a weekly asskickin. Accountability is something that has to be instilled into this roster and that included the CS. LeFleur would really gain a lot of respect if he came out and said my game plan against the Panthers was a mistake. So far, only crickets from LeFleur so his 3rd and longs will continue to plague us. I think this upcoming Patriots game will be a teachable moment for both the CS and Zach as Belichek is gonna take them to school.

Hopefully Zach won't be seeing ghosts by the second half.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just remember.. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was the Great Wall of China. 450 years for Rome and 2000 years for China. Throw in the Pyramids and you can make the case to be patient.

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's sad to see so many fans' dreams crushed after just one week of football.

I went into the season expecting about 5 wins. The most important thing for me was seeing Wilson progress and for the team to be competitive.

Wilson showed a lot of resilience against Carolina. He made a few bad plays, but he made some really great ones. He didn't lose the game. The team never quit, even being down 16-0 at the half. They had a shot up until the onsides kick.

The hand wringing on this forum is really astonishing. You would think this was a team picked to go to the super bowl but instead stunk up the joint in week 1. Didn't we know this was going to be a tough year? And didn't we have some sort of inkling that the OL was going to struggle, at least in the beginning? Didn't we know we would have trouble pressuring the QB? It's like everyone found this out on Sunday. WTF?