Jets offensive line will get Zach hurt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsAreBadForYourHealth, Sep 12, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to criticize Douglas yet?

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

edit - wrong thread

3. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

So far he doesnt get fleeced in trades and makes good ones thats it so far. Next year will be telling

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In the end, GMs get judged on their draft classes, and Douglas's first one isn't doing much...

REVISion, Cman68 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Wilson looks good.

Cman68 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Joe Douglas, when will our OL be servicable? For real. This was your specialty. Come on dude. Give the kid a chance out there. Trade for a decent guy if you need. Come on man!

REVISion likes this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

yeah they have to switch it up. I know they’d like to be a run first team but you can’t put Zach in situations like that, especially when they are pinning their ears back and run blitzing. It’s his first game (LaFleur) so time to adjust.

8. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Not a bad 2nd half performance by Wilson. But man, I think he got a bit shook in the redzone before that 2nd TD. They need to do something about that oline.

Feel bad for Becton, probably tore his ACL. :(

9. Ontherise

Ontherise Member

I think that's the issue. Wilson had some good moments, but he isn't going to last 16 more games with that type of protection.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I believe the OL was going to take a few weeks to gel, but with Becton out, who knows.

zace likes this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

50ShadesOfGreen likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am ALL for trading some of our huge draft capital and getting an offensive lineman. Don't know who would be available but something needs to give.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Becton was invisible yesterday. Funny enough but the line performed better with him out. I'm not worried, entirely, about losing him for a few weeks. I'm more worried at the line as a whole

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Sadly No one gives up Good LT in trade … I do agree with your point that line play look better when Becton went out… perhaps stick with Fant at LT and Moses at RT and see how it looks…. Also roll out Wilson more and keep a RB in for blocking and have the TE chip the DE Wilson can’t take hits like that for 17 games …. And for God sake Becton get your ass in better conditioning

dmw likes this.
  15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

The OL was shit and Belichick will be licking his chops so they better fix it ASAP.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have generally homered for JD our GM ...but obviously no miracle worker

The second half of yesterday's game was much better as we outscoed the Panthers..can the CS keep this going?

Tell me the OL was not a bit better after Becton left and they moved a few guys around? That's the one consolation I can take from an overall abysmal and scary scene out there with ZW and a Tsunami of Panthers around him. Bad bad bad and that's on Douglas

Too early to judge Vera Tucker as a player tho too. Lemme see 2 more games I will throw out there how many games we might win this Season

ouchy likes this.
  17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give them a some time to improve. I didn't expect the OL to come out and play like a top 5 unit.

Having said that, what happened yesterday was unacceptable. I thought Zach looked really good yesterday, despite the lines best efforts to get him killed.

I've been a fairly pro-Douglas fan. But the line being this bad after two off-season's looks really bad for him. As I said, I understand they need time to gel so I'll give it to them, but they need to get their shit together.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Basically we trotted the same bad oline out that we had the past 2 years. Thru injury, bad luck and retirement, none of these new lineman have panned out much.

REVISion and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/09/jet...ou-cant-blame-this-one-on-mike-maccagnan.html
    The above link has an interesting take on JD. The OL is still a mess and its JD job to fix it. So far no success. As much as I like JD I tend to agree and he needs to deliver on the OL upgrade, no more excuses. Wilson will not survive another game like that.
    Having said that, I do not exonerate Mac for the fuck up he left behind. At least JD tries to fix the OL with talent, albeit unsuccessfully, Mac did fuck all nothing with the OL.

Losmeister and Borat like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If we're having this conversation in week 10, then its time to light a fire under Douglas and the CS. LeFleur has impressed nobody so far. At least the DC made the adjustments that kept the jets in the game for the 2nd half. They actually shutdown the Panthers for the most part but he gets a rotten banana for not having someone SHADOW CMC dammit!!

Other than that, The Jets didn't appear ready or prepared until the 2nd half. That has to stop and stop PDQ. The OL played better without Fatboi and perhaps they should keep that personnel package against Belichek next week.

Edit: Fatboi out 4-6 weeks getting his knee repaired. This should help the OL tremendously. I hope they flex the personnel packages to give Zach all the time they possibly can. It won't be easy against Belichek. Upside is that Zach will now see the Master at work on defense. May be a long day, but a great learning experience assuming he survives it.

LAJet likes this.