George Fant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

That is my only worry after this game. Everything else I am patient with but OL will stunt Wilson's development big time. 6 sacks is bad not matter how you look at it.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The new scheme, new LG, deciding on the best combo of Becton, Fant, and Moses. It's going to take 5 or 6 games before the line starts to come together. It's all about game reps now, that's just the reality. They were not good today, but I'm reserving judgment until after the bye.

FJF likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

After re-watching the game, this OL was just trash. Fant had a few bad moments but he was more consistent than others I thought. The line looked better In the second half because we started using max protect A LOT to compensate for the pressure that Carolina was consistently getting. Even then, they were still blowing up max protect a lot of the time. That's an extremely bad sign moving forward. You can't max protect consistently and win, It was a good adjustment for this game, but, It's certainly not the solution. Wilson was holding on to the ball too long several times too, which Is to be expected from time to time from a rookie. Holy shit though, this line was so bad. It was worse to me re-watching It.

I felt like Mcgovern and Fant were the most consistent today. That's not saying much though.

abyzmul and REVISion like this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Pass Block was not great for AVT but his overall was 2nd best on the OL. Fant and GVR are really bad and McGovern. I would 100% trade for a veteran. We have a rookie QB contract, we need to get some help when a team realizes it will miss the playoffs.

KY Jets Fan likes this.