2021 - Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 27, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 12, 2021.
  1. Jets

78.9%
  2. Panthers

21.1%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

- Wilson seems like the real deal.

- Offensive line needs serious attention

- We gotta use Mimms more

- Defense will be decent once rookies get some experience under their belt

Onte the Cheaters!

FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of the "don't pay attention to McCaffery" game plan...... at least they got better in the second half overall, first half was abysmal.

Cunninglinguist likes this.
  3. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

2nd half was a lot better on my nerves. I didn't expect them to come back, but I'm encouraged by the fact that adjustments were made. It's funny that the one rep Mims gets all game he rips a 30 yarder.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Gotta open the game better.

OL needs to be better. Gotta use Mims more. DL needs to dominate from the get go instead of the 2nd half on.

All in all, not a terrible first game.

barfolomew and egelband like this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I really liked how we never gave up the entire game. I liked how Wilson kept fighting. I really liked how Wilson still found a way to score after that big hit he took on the last drive. The teams fight and desire to win was refreshing after Gase. Obviously there is a lot to work out as far as pass protection but things will get better.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The biggest play of the game IMO was getting stuffed on 4th down and then Darnold following it up with the TD to Anderson. Those two plays shifted the entire game.

Jets81, Losmeister and barfolomew like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What makes It dumb? Your judgement? You need to chill with that bullshit.

Stop being so biased, re-watch the first half, look at the first half stats.

If It wasn't shit, It wouldn't even be brought up. It happens. Getting this worked up over It doesn't make sense.

It's okay If he plays bad, as a rookie, In his first game. The bright side Is he only played poorly for the most part In the first half. He only had a couple of plays that weren't good In the second half. Progress already. Looked promising In the second half.

I'm not knocking the kid for the sake of It. That wouldn't make sense either.

Seriously though. Chill with the bullshit though. You're not going to get under my skin with It and It just makes you look bad. Control your emotions a little better before trying to make things so personal.

8. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

How many times have we watched games and at the half had no reason to keep watching?

this team had fire in the second half and played well. Limited the Panthers and made a solid comeback that actually had me standing up and excited.

with the number of starters out, injuries to key players in the game, I am at least excited to see this team development.

That line needs some serious help, but seemed better after the big ticket was out. Sadly... the D made some great changes and really, how much of that o was from receivers? Corners held their own except for the Anderson TD.

Noam, Brook!, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  9. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Positives: We didn't get blown out and the team didn't quit. I thought the coaching staff was decent. Fought back in the second half. Zach showed promise. His arm strength and accuracy is impressive. Defense wasn't as bad as I thought. McCaffrey didn't kill us. Our Kicker filled in at punter decently. Corey Davis looks like an elite #1 receiver.

Negatives: Offensive line was awful. Injuries sucked for Becton and Mann. Both look like long term injuries. Running backs were invisible.

Lots of work to do. We all knew this was the case.

10. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Gotta use Mims more! He was on the field for 2 snaps, I believe. We moved the ball 40 yards on one connection to him. He was never on the field when we were in the red zone!! Fast, tall, strong on contested catches and has a huge catch radius and he wasn’t considered on either of the 2-point conversions. I do not understand that.

Moore may look like more of a superstar, but if it isn’t happening on the day, change things up and keep your opponents guessing. We got nothing from Moore and Smith, but Davis they struggled to cover. So, bring on another receiver like him to play opposite and open up the middle for the smaller guys.

Just my opinion.

PJ4Ever, Jets81, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hopefully, no Jets fans are talking about how little or brittle Zach is any more. He showed how tough he was in that game.

Brook!, egelband, Fiftynine and 2 others like this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

honestly ... went about i envisioned.... weird ass mixed bag

egelband and barfolomew like this.
  13. Losmeister

unless u ar a dunbass PS fever fan

14. NCJetsfan

Dude, this is my last post to you. Your comments are laughable claiming that I'm biased and you are being realistic. YOU are the one who is biased, and you're nowhere near being realistic. You claim that you are rooting for Zach and want him to succeed, but your comments show the truth. Saying that he didn't play well in the first half is wrong and DUMB!!!! You completely ignore how poorly the OL and WRs played in the 1st half, LaFleur's awful play calling, and the 7-8 dropped passes and how those had such a negative effect on Zach's statistics and on the Jets' offense. Even most veteran QBs can't lift their whole offense when they are the only one playing well and their OC is working against them, not for them. Until you can open your mind and realize that you don't want to see that Zach can play well, and are biased (or blind since you think Fields is better) we have nothing further to talk about.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Then you are delusional. Either way. I don't care, NC.

I have gave the kid credit for playing much better I'm the second half. I'm glad the offense started playing much better all the way around.

I also have said several times that Wilson isn't the sole reason for the offense struggling In the first half. Nobody played well In the first half. Including, Wilson.

How can you look at that offense, his stats, and still proclaim that he played well In the first half? Delusional.

I didn't ignore anything. I never said Zach Wilson was the reason for how bad the offense was In the first half. He was PART of the problem. Not THE problem.

I have given Zach Wilson credit when he earns It. What I'm the actual fuck are you on about?

I'm not going to praise him for sucking. That Is what biased commentary (you) looks like.

I'm not going to knock the kid for the sake of It. That, also, would be biased commentary.

He showed promise In the second half. I really like what he did once he settled down, he showed tremendous poise and ability In the second half. His numbers were also reflective of a much better performance.

Step back from the ledge. It's not that serious.

I'm extremely surprised you're so worked up and coming at me In the way you are.

We've always had a good relationship till now.

I'm disappointed. Shame.

Oh, and for the 1000 fucking time.

Did I bring up Fields? Or did you?

I don't even talk about him unless you or others bring him up. Baffling.

Ralebird, legler82 and BacktoQueens like this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

One of the things that impressed me about Zach in PS was how decisive and how quick he got the ball out. I saw less of that today. In this game there were times he held the ball too long. Yes, the rush was awful but IMO there were a number of times he did not make a decision and held onto the ball far too long. But he us a rookie and he will learn. I am eager to see how Wilson and LaFluer respond next week. The pressure could be a lot worse next week against NE.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Why do you think there was less of the bold today? I think it was because the WRs weren't open.

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If they don’t fix the O Line nothing else matters - not how good Wilson is or isn’t, not the running backs or receivers, nothing. If the O Line continues to perform like they did today everything else is moot.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Could have been confusion on where to go or expected primary not open, maybe he was out of rhythm as the Jets did not get much sustained offense the first half. They also had no running game leaving him in bad down and distance situations. My guess is everything the drops, the lack of a running game, the rush, lack of flow and rhythm and confusion. For example look at the 1st third down throw to Davis against the Packers 4 steps, one hitch and bam the ball is out. I bet when we see the replays we will not see many one hitch plays like that.

#139 Noam, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  20. Losmeister

2tds 1 int 1 2 pt convert

ok