Your words of wisdom for fellow Jets fans as we start an exciting season.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Let me start.

PATIENCE

Be patient with this team. A rookie HC, a rookie OC, a rookie DC and a rookie QB. Growing pains are real. We have the highest number of players that are either rookies or 1 year players. Let them gel, let them learn the ropes as season progresses. Don't judge anybody harshly.

Know that season will be full of ups and downs. One week Wilson will look like an MVP the next week he will throw 2 INT's. Trust him. Trust Saleh. They will watch tape, they will study more and come back next season more prepared than ever.

I trust this team after a long long time.

From Joe D to Saleh to Wilson.

I believe we have the foundation of a play off team year in and year out.

Show some PATIENCE and good days will come.

Now onto you, what says you?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dude, no joke I was literally going to create a thread an hour ago called:
    "Word to the wise...Patience"

This is particularly tied to Zach and how we all will be when he performs very well or poorly, ended up posting about it in the QB containment thread.

Anyways, 100% agree here. We all need to trust the process and people we have

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Enjoy, no point being a fan, only to live in a land of permanent misery.

Noam, ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Believe what your eyes tell you, not what your heart is saying. Apply Patience and a healthy amount of skepticism when the Jet PR machine goes into overdrive. This team is young and so is its CS. Yes, they will be what their record says they are and that's a good thing. We should be in the upper echelon of draft position for another 2 years at least. Lets hope JD and his CS make good decisions. Working with a blank slate here so, lets see what develops.

J-Raw24, Noam, Ralebird and 1 other person like this.
  5. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

Be patient.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Buckle up.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Exactly this! ^

This is one of the traits that really convinced me that Zach was the best QB available - better than TL - and has the potential to be in the conversation with the best in the NFL after a year or two if he stays healthy.

But this team is young, and Saleh has never been a HC at this level, nor has LaFleur been an OC, so there will be mistakes made. What I won't have patience for are fans who bitch and moan and trot out the SOJ mantra when these mistakes happen and games are lost. I am convinced that these are NOT the SOJs. This is the first time since at least Kenny O that the team has focused on offense, and maybe even since Namath. This is a whole 'nother script. And so I'm willing to give them some time to get it worked out, and I firmly believe they will, especially Wilson - the kid is a tape room junkie and understands that to succeed on game day requires lots of preparation prior to that.

I'm going to be disappointed whenever they lose, but I'll remain optimistic that that won't last too long.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. I will add have confidence, be happy, enjoy the journey. We finally have the opportunity to see a talented group of youngsters, both players and coaches, grow together as a winning unit for many years to come. It’s the coming of new era with rookies Wilson, AVT,Moore and literally the entire secondary for starters. Seeing our leader Saleh on the sidelines with his contagious smile and energy is a joy to behold for us Jet fans. For the first time in many years can’t wait for Sunday to arrive.

Noam, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would stop trying to ruin your own fan experience at the beginning of something good by loudly being "the guy that called it". It's going to be more fun to experience it organically.

And really, being that guy doesn't get you very far on this forum, just ask legler82.

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

DRINK HEAVILY

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The first three games I will patiently assess how are new CS runs this team win or lose...then predict our W-l over next 14

OTOH Iam not so morose ..I anticipate some pleasant surprises especially from young Zach , a decent OL deep receiving corp and hungry Defense!

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

By the time halftime hits, the game thread will be filled with Zach Wilson sucks and fire Douglas, that's a guarantee

jetstopgun and hermshadit like this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Or, if we’re winning…. The super bowl is on the table.

jetstopgun and Cman68 like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Be patient. We will get better, and because were young, and...ah fudge I cant do it.

"Management would like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for the 4 month travesty your about to experience. We need to pick top 5 again."

#14 ouchy, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    hermshadit likes this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Don’t get your hopes up and you won’t be disappointed.

Cman68, Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Have fun rooting for the Jets to lose every week then.

They won't be picking top 5 nor do they have to.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Being a Jets fan is like being kicked in the nads, repeatedly...and enjoying it.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Enjoy the ride. Watch the progression ans hopeful signs that Zach is the QB of the future for the Jets.

the corners, it’s going to be rough but it may pay off down the road. Saleh likes these kids and he basically said just because they aren’t first rounders, doesn’t mean they aren’t deserved of the same opportunity as those drafted in that round.

watch more aggression and better gameplanning. I just feel like players will be in better positions to succeed in this new regime.

getting reps and valuable game experience will be what drives this team and they may just be a better 2nd half team then first.

I’m very excited though and while I’d expect around 5-6 wins due to just relative inexperience, I feel it will be better viewing experience and a hopeful look into the future of this franchise.

19. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Agree… I was one of those that wanted to keep Sam… but that ship has sailed..Wilson is QB1 now and I’m going to support him…I promise myself I’m not going to be too excited about what happen in tomorrow game win or lose this is a leaning process for our HC,QB,OCand DC we all need to show patience …I happen to think we’re on the right track

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

All of our patience has grown thin. But we have no other choice than to continue being patient. I know this very likely won't be a good season it terms of playing meaningful games in November and December, I just hope to see Wilson develop into a quality quarterback...to learn, to grow, to lead. To make others around him better, and to be the guy we can look at and say that if and when we get the right players around him, he can win us a Super Bowl.

I want to see the team play hard, fiery, but smart football for Saleh. None of this poor game plan/sleepwalking/chaotic embarrassing stuff we saw under Bowles and Gase. I want this team to play with pride and I want to see the Jets not get intimidated or pushed around. That happened a lot the past 6 years.

ColoradoContrails and jetstopgun like this.