Season Ticket Holders Screwed Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by killapete3, Aug 23, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think their reasoning is that if you haven't technically paid for the later games yet you can't sell them.

Anyway, F that FO. I mean it. Oh, the stories.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Most big businesses in this country now understands that they can railroad the consumer in any way they want because if they lose you there are probably up to millions more that will take your spot.

Unfortunately, it's no different than Apple making extremely limited upgrades to the iPhone every year, Microsoft moving their Office365 business solutions to a subscription model, EA Sports going on near a decade with limited improvements to Madden, Amazon + Wal-Mart gauging prices on online services, etc.

Fuck em all. It's sad.

ouchy, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If enough fans stop buying tics to the games, the johnson twins will have to fire up a go fund me for Zack's 2nd contract

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Post of the year.

ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When the NFL sold exclusive licensing to EA I knew NFL games were screwed. Anyone else remember the good old days of multiple NFL games released every year and picking the best one (which was often Sega)?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

ESPN NFL 2k5 is still the best football game of all time. Madden used to get competitively better every year when ESPN and GameDay and all the other developers were rolling games out. Even after they bought out the rights in 2006, they were still making the game better from 2006-2011ish.

Then they just punted on making improvements.

ouchy likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Hmmm, well I suppose the Jets would not really know if the account was a real fan or a broker/ reseller, so I'll give them a slight benefit of the doubt there. They should offer some leeway though.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Completely agree. IMO 2K5 was at least the best online game because it was so well balanced and no cheese when you played a stranger. It was a pure football lovers game.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I've had my Samsung phone for over 4 years. It's slow and I'm bumping up against space limits, but it still works well.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service to this country!

11. jetophile

They're terrible. No benefit of the doubt necessary. I lived it.

The Johnsons suck.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I lived it too. Went from six $80 lower level seats beneath the roof overhang to the $95 upper deck overlooking Teterboro runways. The added FU was the thunderstorm pelting us one of the first games.

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

That's really lame that they're doing that! I also did the payments for years, but I don't recall that ever happening when I sold games late in the season. Douchy!

I canceled my season tickets after the debacle Gase hire and the 2019 season concluded. That said, after purchasing tickets to the Jets/Pats game on the 19th and having them forwarded to my Jets app, the salespeople have been calling me 2-3x a week trying to convince me to buy new season tickets. I told the first dude I wasn't interested in renewing, and instead of taking me off the list, he forwarded me to a new sales rep. They used to be aggressive, but I don't ever remember it being at this level.

ouchy likes this.
  14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

They always seem so desperate to try to sell season tickets and game tickets, but they want people to fork out a fortune just for the right to own season tickets.

I have no interest in financially rewarding an organization for poor behavior.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

They don't want people selling tickets they haven't paid for & then cancelling there payment method. Then they would be out the ticket money and you would have the money in your pocket. I know it is far and in between that people will do this, but they have to cover their asses cause there are some sick people out there that would do this for the cash.

16. jetophile

In the meanwhile, L. Jay Cross is still cashing in at Related Hudson Yards. Good for him.

I just get so annoyed with everything. I'm not going to repeat any of the entire debacle because it just takes too much energy.