Great stuff said by Coach Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Aug 6, 2021.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Am very excited about this guy. In these post-practice pressers - he seems to say a ton of things that make a whole lot of sense to me. I'd like to create a thread dedicated to that stuff. Moderators can feel free to delete the thread if you don't feel like its productive.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/jets-robert-saleh-now-exudes-calm-after-animated-past/

When it comes to discipline on the field, Saleh is not Joe Judge, the Giants coach, who has gotten attention for making his players run laps at practice. Past Jets coaches, such as Rex Ryan and Bowles made players do push-ups after committing penalties. Saleh does not believe in that.

“There are many ways to do it,” Saleh said. “For me, it’s more trying to create accountability with self rather than forcing accountability. These players are grown men. To give them the opportunity to correct themselves will always happen first. Obviously, there’s going to be coaching. They’re not trying to make the mistake, all we can do is help them understand how the mistake was made so they don’t do it again.”

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

"All gas - No break".

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

laps and pushups as punishment is laughable

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Jets not upset over opponents’ approach to Zach Wilson

https://nypost.com/2021/08/22/jets-not-upset-over-opponents-approach-to-zach-wilson/

For the second straight week, the Jets faced an opposing team’s backups in a preseason game. The Giants sat most of their starters last week and the Packers sat almost all of theirs on Saturday.

So, is coach Robert Saleh upset these teams are not giving his rookie quarterback Zach Wilson a true look against an NFL defense?

“No, this is professional football,” Saleh said after Saturday’s win over the Packers. “You go tell those backups that they’re not capable of being starters. You guys know my conviction on Player A to Player Z all having the ability to play at that very high level and all they need is an opportunity. This is still professional football. These guys are professional athletes. They step on the field and they have tremendous pride in their work. And it’s another defense that he gets to see and a different character of a football team, just in terms of the way they present themselves. So I think he’s getting really good work. Call it what you want, but he’s still getting good work.”

As if I needed any further assurance that this is the right man for the NYJ head coaching job.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Every time I turn around, Saleh says something that impresses.

It is refreshing as all hell to have a head coach that is not only loved by the players but that continues to say the right things.

The future looks increasingly brighter for this franchise. I am hoping this translates to wins

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It will translate into wins. It has to with a HC like Saleh and his CS. If not, then this team truly is cursed, and we should all run as fast as we can.

#6 NCJetsfan, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    wewantsapp likes this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

@NCJetsfan Your post above this one has some formatting issues.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Thanks! I had bolded the bracket which screwed everything up.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To me, he is rapidly becoming the absolute best acquisition for this organization sin the last 20+ years. As a leader, as a person, as a motivator of a young team, and as a HC that has the vision the passion, the young age and poise to lead this team for a long time. .

10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

and the hyperbole is in full gear.

btw, I love the Saleh hire and think he's a really good dude as well as a good NFL coach.

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If we go 3/2 before the bye... things will get vibrant. :cool:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What's the saying "Brains over Brawn"? You correct mistakes on your own or they show you the door

The HC knows he not running the JV here

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm loving the gamesmanship in this quote from Saleh about the Panthers signing Morgan. My biggest worry about him was that he'd be a boy scout, with the player coach stuff and all of the leadership cliche stuff. Nope. This dude is not a pushover.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/...-worried-about-james-morgan-signing-panthers/

He's basically saying that if the Panthers cut Morgan shortly after the Jets game then they will be admitting weren't capable of scouting the Jets based on tape. We're more than capable of scouting our opponents based on their tape.

Man-crushing hard over here.

#13 abyzmul, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Brook!, MSUJet85, themorey and 4 others like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I think he's the 2nd best acquisition. JD was #1. Without JD, Saleh wouldn't be here, nor would probably Wilson, Becton, AVT, or Moore.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and LAJet like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think it would be fair to say that together, the make the best GM and HC Jets team in the last 20 plus years.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

While I tend to agree with you, my advice is, pump the brakes. I'll pump my brakes. While I am a beaten down long time Jets fan like the rest of you, it's my nature to be optimistic rather than pessimistic. Let's see how Saleh does once the games begin. It's easy in the offseason to forget things like clock management and game decision making. Let's see what we have once play begins.

Noam likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He speaks with insight and wisdom, unlike the Detroit HC who’s talking about biting and taking out kneecaps.

I believe the majority of coaches in NFL have lots of knowledge of the game but it takes wisdom to use the knowledge correctly on a consistent basis.

Saleh appears to have the Wisdom needed to apply the knowledge he’s acquired, correctly.

He’s also a no BS type of HC, puts the cards on the table like an adult, gives the players every opportunity to act and do their jobs like adults and when or if they don’t, they have no one to blame but themselves for losing their jobs.

I’m really trying to temper my enthusiasm for this new regime since wins and losses is the only thing that counts.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know that in the long term is all about wins and losses, and fully expect a few losses to start the season with this young team. But the way he treats his players, the respect he gets back, the unity, the new offensive and defensive philosophies to get the most out of players, and the level of energy he gets from all of them is something I haven’t seen in a long long time with the Jets,

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't know that I've EVER seen it actually, although I do think Todd Bowles was a good man and probably well liked by his players. I met him once and he was great to me. Happy that his next job has worked out so well for him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

He gets his team to rally behind him better then any coach we've had with the exception of ryan who was equally good at it, but saleh does it by being genuine not brash which has much more longevity. Ryans way was gonna blow up as soon as the winning stopped and we all knew it. Saleh should be able to keep it going through the tough times and growing pains.