I hope all of you in the path of Ida are okay...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh I am sure it will.

I can not wait to get out of this shit hole. Only a matter of time for me

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I went to Colonial Ford on Federal Road the day after the rain and it was flooded in several spots. Also, the Housatonic River is the highest I've ever seen it.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No one here is stupid enough not to believe Global Warming is real ...I hope

Next August/September is only 365 days away :/

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

My wife was visiting family in Costa Rica and flying back Wednesday with her layover in Fort Lauderdale. Needless to say every flight was cancelled and she was sick in the airport for 18 hours (6pm wed to noon thurs) when she had to fly to SC before connecting to LGA.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Housatonic is the big remaining flood risk this PM and tomorrow AM. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping the local flooding goes down before then. The problem is that the ground was soaked from the last big storm already and I have no idea where the excess runoff from this storm can go at this point.

I live on a lake and the bloody thing is 18 inches over the road right now and shows no signs of going down. On the bright side the newly formed alligator pond in my backyard seems to have subsided an inch or two. Still standing at 4 inches on what was a completely dry patch before the storm.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

As will be the Meadowlands in NJ where our stadium is. I live near there where our entire town was submerged during Sandy. We're fine from Ida as there was no storm surge from the ocean. However it is always on our mind and absolutely will happen again unless major steps are taken which of course never will be. For those of you not geographically aware, there was devastation and even death within a $10 Uber ride of MetLife from this storm.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Global Warming is a hoax.. This all never happened and is all fake news. There was no rain, no flood, no tornadoes.

westiedog1, Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.