53 Man Roster Prediction | WHO will make the New York Jets Team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 28, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly.

@NCJetsfan says I'm "wrong wrong wrong and wrong again" but yet every draft expert has him going top 5 as the 1st Defensive player drafted and why? Because he's the best and most impactful Defensive player within this years draft class. And it's not even close.

I bet NC has never even watched this kid DOMINATE for Notre Dame either.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ed Reed was drafted 24th overall of the 1st round.

This kid isn't falling to 24th overall lol he's not falling past not even the top 5.

He's more than just a Safety prospect too.

He's the best Defensive player in all of College Football and the most impactful too. And its not even close.

Have you even ever watched him feast for Notre Dame before or are you just typing without having watched him play?

And na, you're wrong.

Because he's not making it past the 5th pick but yet you're telling me "you dont take a safety 1st round"?

Well. #33 got us two 1st round draft picks in return.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, some foolish GM will take him. Every year we see some GMs doing stupid things like using high draft picks on positions that aren't premium positions. Mac was a master at that. The only time one should use a high draft pick on a S is if one already has a true SB contender, a hole at S that one hasn't been able to fill for several years, and no other holes. Even then, one migh be better served by trading down, upgrading depth at a prime position and taking a S lower.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

You'd be wrong again on your last sentence. I don't dispute that some dumbass GM will take him that early, but that doesn't mean that it's a smart thing to do, and certainly NOT something the Jets should even consider doing. I guess that you've already forgotten Jamal Adams.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

really depends. any GM will tell you that you always take the stud regardless of that position because they don't come along often. guys like reed an palamalu dominated the game. they were much more important then random solid starter guy at a "premium position"

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The only surprising cuts are Neasman, Dawkins and Blair along with Jeff Smith making the team. Griffin and Herndon not being there tells you a new TE is incoming.

As many predicted 8 CBs remained but Dunn might end up a casualty in the next few days as might jeff Smith.

7. GasedAndConfused

blair suprised me. I thought he was gonna make it for sure. Outside of the TEs that's the only one I got wrong. We only kept 1 TE Kroft (counting wesco as a FB) so I'm assuming we add at least 1 more from waivers or trade if not 2 which will shake off a CB

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I'm truly stunned that 8 CBs made the team.

Noam likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

one will get cut when we add a TE. no way we are only going with kroft and wesco. JD is targeting one via a trade or waiver claim and we should know in a day or 2

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Really 7 plus Hardee but they balanced it with 3 safeties. I am surprised on Neasman as he is a good st player too. He might come back. If I was Dunn I would not buy a house or sign a long term lease. He is likely the 1st to go when a spot opens.

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

90% of these players will likely be on the PS. the PS is 16 now with the new covid rules.

BacktoQueens and Noam like this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

perine isn’t a burner but he’s a power back who can pass protect and is a good receiver out the backfield.

Noam likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

This is the unofficial depth chart now following the cuts.

Offense (24)
    QB wilson, white (2)
    RB Coleman, Johnson, Carter, perine (4)
    FB Wesco (1)
    TE Kroft (1)
    OT Becton, Moses, Fant, Edoga, Mcdermott (5)
    IOL Mcgovern, AVT, GVR, Feeny (4)
    WR Davis, Moore, Crowder, Cole, Mims, J. Smith, Berrios (7)

Defense (25)
    DE Lawson, JFM, Huff, Zuniga (4)
    DT Q, Rankins, Foley, Shepard, Marshall (5)
    ILB Mosley, Nasrildeen (2)
    OLB Davis, Cashman, Sheerwood (3)
    CB Hall, Bless, Guidry, Pinnock, Echols, Carter, Hardee, Dunn (8)
    S Joyner, Maybe, Davis (3)

Special (3)
    K: Amendola
    P Mann
    LS Henessey

NOTES:
    That puts us at 52, probably because the herndon trade hasn't gone through officially so he's taking up a spot.
    OLB Davis will go on IR tomorrow opening a spot for 6-8 weeks until he's healthy
    S Davis is expected to miss about 2 weeks but will likely just be inactive and probably why we have 8 CBs since we only have 2 safeties available right now
    That leaves 2 spots which will likely be for TEs via trade or waivers.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that:

1. Edoga made the team. He's really awful.
    2. We kept 7 WRs. I'm not upset about it, just surprised.
    3. We only have 1 TE at the moment, but am sure that will change.
    4. Zuniga made the team. I know that JD drafted him, but he's been hurt most of the time he's been here, and when healthy has shown little or nothing. Evidently, it has been enough for JD or he's not ready to give up on him yet. Hope he's right!
    5. Cashman made the team. He's all too similar to Zuniga.

15. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

I also thought Shepard had a rough camp. He spent alot of time in preseason on his back. Pancakes

16. NCJetsfan

Guys, it's Shepherd, not Shepard.

17. JetsCuseYanksFan

We need help at OLB too. And I thought McDermott will be out for a while? So, need TE, OLB, and a better offensive lineman if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. NCJetsfan

I was only able to see the first preseason game and highlights of the other two, as the last two weren't shown here. The TC and practice reports I read were complimentary of Shepherd, and the last depth chart the Jets put out had Shepherd as Fatukasi's backup, so I figured he was safe.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Zach Ertz is someone the Jet's could be looking at via trade.

20. GasedAndConfused

1) I'm not sure why you are so down on edgoa. We've had this convo before. Sure you expect a 3rd rounder become a solid starter but he didn't. he's still a solid back-up depth piece who can play both tackle positions. He played 235 snaps last year and only allowed 2 sacks. Not sure what else you want from a back-up. He's also only making 850k this year and has 1 more year left on his deal for 965k in 2022. He was never going to get cut. he'll at minimum play out his contract unless JD can swing a deal for him next offseason for an extra pick. We are thin at o-line no reason to get rid of a solid backup who's cheap. He doesn't suck he just isn't starting material. He also just turned 24 and now entering his 3rd year in the league. he could still progress into a starter or at least top tier back-up. He graded out by PFF about the same as fant who is making 10 times more then edoga.

2) for now. rumor is JD was working on trading a WR. it's possible smith or berrios gets cut or traded still. we obviously need more TEs and 5 Lbers is a little short too

3) JD is gonna work the waiver wire and maybe a trade. we'll have to wait and see. i'm sure we aren't going into the season with 1 TE

4) he was a 3rd rounder last year. we are thin at DE with lawson and curry both on IR. wasn't really a doubt. It's rare you cut a 3rd rounder that early in their career save for the POS polite who was a lazy asshole and got his money then got kicked off many teams and out of the NFL at age 23

5) cashman showed flashes though. He could be a beast of a LBer in our system. he's perfect to play a 4-3 MLB or WLB. he just needs to stay healthy.

Noam likes this.