53 Man Roster Prediction | WHO will make the New York Jets Team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Gotthca. So having a limited game day roster (vs full roster) allows team to rest certain players or slightly injured players and still have a full game day roster.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm kind of leaning towards this myself. Not that I think Coleman is bad but I think Johnson, Carter, Adams, and Perine have shown just as much as he has this offseason and I'd rather give the younger guys more PT this season.

I really think Johnson and Carter will be our 1a/1b in some form this season with Adams and Perine getting some of the short-yardage work.

IDFjet and PJ4Ever like this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I honestly think it’s be a laughable decision to keep Coleman over Adams but I’m kind of an Adams fanboy

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What if Coleman is a lock, and the choice is between Adams and Perine? IMO that's where the choice should be made, and Adams should stay, and Perine go.

Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I agree Adams over Perine, but I’d still rather keep the young dude in Perine. We already know what Coleman is, he’s an ok back with a lengthy injury history.

IDFjet likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think adams brings more to the table too but perine is cheap, under contract for 3 more years and was a 4th rounder from 1 year ago. I don't think douglas gives up on him yet over adams.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I agree that JD is not likely to give up on Perine. He is listed as #2 on the depth chart. But I think keeping him over Adams would be a mistake. Someone will sign Adams. I don't think anyone would put in a waiver claim on Perine and the Jets could put him on the PS.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think all the backs we have are very capable, and with the amount of injuries that happen now with limited practices, any immediate benefit position like RB is at risk of being poached from the PS.

I think if any RB gets cut from the roster, they will be on a different team within 3 weeks.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

adams has been bounced around a lot. most likely he winds up on our PS

Noam likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I still want an upgrade at the back-up QB position. Someone who is cut has to be better than Mike White or Josh Johnson. There is no reason for the Jets to just settle on them.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. They did both practice with Jets in T.C. and P.S. - and White was with them last year FWIW. Of the two though I'd probably let go of White, I've just never been impressed with him. But will there really be anyone better available? IDK.

IDFjet and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My guess is cutting Adams means he goes to the PS where he will eventually get promoted once there is an injury. Cutting Perine stands a greater chance of someone claiming him off of waivers then Adams.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Saleh has been preaching "trust the teaching"--I don't see us bringing in another qb.

I think Johnson gets cut and he's told to wait by the phone if Wilson goes down. He looked good in pre-game-3.

White vs Morgan is interesting--I don't know if teams can still have an "emergency QB" who doesn't practice with the team (see Jake Fromm last year) but is protected and practices on his own.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fk it. Keep all 5 RBs.

Because behind a stronger O-Line all 5 of Johnson, Carter, Adams, Perine and Coleman can keep one another fresh throughout the season and feast together; especially during the 2nd halves together.

Adams has nice FB potential too due to his smashmouth style of running.

And we all know injuries happen.

I don't want to see any of these kids cut.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think they're going to go with Wilson, Morgan OR White, and Johnson.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey maybe the league will let the Jets carry 63 players because Robert Saleh is such an awesome dude.

themorey likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree and thankfully 2022's Safety draft class is All-World and fully loaded like never before with 6 projected Safetys (all) going within the first two rounds.

I'm hoping with our Marcus Maye situation that one of these Safetys fall into the 3rd round but if Kyle Hamilton is available with one of our 1st round picks he's a must draft pick because imo he's the best Defensive Player in all of College Football (and it's not even close)

Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame.
    Jordan Battle, S, Alabama.
    Brandon Joseph, S, Northwestern.
    Tykee Smith, S, Georgia.
    Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State.
    Daxton Hill, S, Michigan.

18. NCJetsfan

Wrong again. You don't take a safety in the 1st round unless he's the second coming of Ed Reed. We have much greater needs (Edge, TE, CB, and maybe LB) over S. You're also wrong on A. Davis.

tomdeb likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. What has Perine shown that would make some team want to claim him? He's average something like 2.5 YPC in preseason against 2nd and 3rd string defenders. He's not fast. I think someone will claim Adams and he'll never make it to the PS. I think Perine will be out of the NFL within 2 seasons.

20. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Normally I agree but Hamilton is a freak. Barring injury or a down year he's tracking to be one of the all time great DB prospects.