2021 - Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 27, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Sep 12, 2021.
  1. Jets

78.9%
  2. Panthers

21.1%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thank God preseason is over. Real games start finally.

Sam “Ghostbuster” Darnold vs Wilson.

Godspeed Jets!

2. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Looked pretty good in his last preseason game. Good thing it was fake.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

#TankForHowell starts here..

Seriously, Darnold looked poor for the Panthers until they picked up the tempo and removed his thinking time. I think they will try and get the ball out of his hands before his feet start to dance against the Jets. It’s a shame we’ll probably struggle to create pressure.

Week 1 is never a season-defining game but this game will set the tone. It’s definitely a “could win”.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Definitely upsetting losing Lawson, especially for this one. He was set to wreck Sam Darnold's day.

I trust in our offense right now to score points and keep us in the game. The defense will struggle, but it is only time before Darnold makes a stupid ass mistake.

Excited to finally have my Jets back!! Excited to see what Wilson can do this year!

NCJetsfan, FlaJet, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Mostly good reports about Sam from Panthers camp all TC, I live here in NC.
    Watched the entire game while Sam was playing last night and he really looked like a different player, so I am not sure what Chops is referring too.

19 for 25, 162 yards and 2tds in a half and the passes were crisp and on target.

I am optimistic about game 1 but I wouldn’t be surprised is Sam, Moore and Robbie put up some good numbers and points on our D with no pass rush or secondary.
    Cmac is still one of the best in the league.

SOJAZ and jetstopgun like this.
  6. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I am definitely worry about this game our secondary did not look good against the Eagles we lost two defensive ends that was supposed to help with pass rush… I really hope that I’m wrong but I could see Sam and Robbie hooking up for possible multiple touchdowns in this game

Yankee6, Noam and SOJAZ like this.
  7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Agree if we don’t put pressure on Sam I could see him carving up our secondary… with robby Anderson playing a big role in that

Noam likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The run game is what I’m looking forward to seeing. The new scheme looks really good, want to see the oline dominate on drives and help sustain them.

I hope Saleh stays true to his word that he will not rely on Wilson to win every game.

NCJetsfan, FJF and jetstopgun like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If he's anything like every other defensive head coach we've ever had, he will be fine with not relying on QB to win games. D coaches fear turnovers far more than their counterpart.

Leicester Jet and Red Menace like this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

We're going to score some points this year.

And we're going to allow points. If you can think of a way a team can allow points, you will see that happen this year with the Jets. One thing everyone should prepare for is devastating third-down contact penalties. Don't say you weren't warned.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Sam always looked good in practice

dmw and FJF like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan I’m conditioned to expect the worst, so that’s what I’m doing. Darnold lights up our young secondary because we get no pressure and we give up 30+ points in a loss.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Just glad the real games are on. I think people are forgetting Q on our DL. He turns 23 in a month, so he is in his DT prime, and is in a 4-3. He should wreck several plays a game. When they double him someone else will get through. We will have QB pressures in bursts.

I really want to win this game and start the season on a positive. IMO we still make them make Sam beat us. We play conservative and not turn the ball over. Let the team who makes the most mistakes lose this game.

Also, my biggest fear is starting 1-4 again. Four out of the last five years we've been out of contention by week 6. I'm so sick of seasons that are only exciting for the first 3 games and then having no hope the rest of the season. If we can start 2-2, heck even 2-3, I'd call that a win.

FlaJet likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We watched different games then. Sam looked like the same Sam he was with the Jets. Of course, I like Sam, so that is not a bad thing. However, he made some bad decisions that would have cost the Panthers if it were a real game going against #1's. His problem has always been consistency and it was last night too. He had a nice final drive. Loved his last 2 passes.

Funny, the match-up between Zach and Sam will be the first time either see starting defenses this season. Then we can properly evaluate them.

Side note: How many times did the Panthers announcers trash the Jets to make Sam look good last night? At least 5 times. Maybe more. Made me even more excited for Week 1!

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i think its a blowout for panthers.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And now the dreaded two week wait begins.

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I expect a close game.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I been on the CP board and followed what's been going on and I agree with your comments. I was not able to watch or tape the Jets game but did the CP game so, I plan to watch it. from what I ahve seen and the comments he looks and plays better. As fo CC comments, I totally disagree. His 1st few days were the usual but he has steadily improved.

I am going to let all of you now, Christian Mc is the real deal and he runs multiple options on the same play... he is smart, very very fast and has great hands. He is going to light up our LB and secondary and no one is going to keep up with Robbie who is running more complete route tree... their other WR is very good to. This will not be an easy game by any means...

Noam likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You don't think this is a surprise to anybody who watches football though, right?

ukjetsfan and FJF like this.