The AFC is now fully loaded with Young Gun QBs.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 26, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

And only time will tell but I think all of these teams believe that they've got themselves a Franchise QB (and for many of years to come too).

Kansas City: Patrick Mahomes (25).

Chargers: Justin Herbert (23).

Baltimore: Lamar Jackson (24).

Cleveland: Baker Mayfield (26).

Cincinnati: Joe Burrow (24).

Buffalo: Josh Allen (25).

Miami: Tua Tagovailoa (23).

NY Jets: Zach Wilson (22).

New England: Mac Jones (22).

Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence (21).

Houston: Deshaun Watson (until proven otherwise) (25).

In all of our years of watching AFC Football I don't believe we've ever witnessed anything quite like this with 11 starters between the ages of 21-26 @ an average age of only 23?

Nuts.

This is like the Wild-Wild West but here in the AFC because even the likes of Derek Carr (30) and Ryan Tannehill (33) of Raiders/Tennessee are the "aging vets" who've both got a lot left in the tank and are both playing lights out Football (and even Carson Wentz at only 28 still has a chance to turn it around in Indianapolis).

Only Pittsburgh/Denver and maybe Houston/Indianapolis will be looking to draft QBs moving forward.

The AFC imo has never been more exiting.

Jets79, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Not only that, but 4 out of the 11 you mention are in the AFC East.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Right now only 1 of the 4 has proven himself. Tua is "meh". I don't see what is so special about him. We have to wait and see what Wilson and Jones can do in regular season games so they are unproven.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Some of you guys may not remember the time when the AFCE was the most powerful division in the AFC. We're well on our way back to prominence even with Brady gone.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post. Of those QBs, I think there are three who will prove to be lesser than the others: Tagovailoa, Jones, and Lawrence. Tagovailoa because of his injruies/health, and because I think he's less talented than the others. Jones because of his lack of mobility/athleticism, and he probably has the weakest arm of the group. Lawrence because I don't think he loves the game, and he isn't nearly as polished or as instinctive as Zach. I think as Ds get faster and better at stopping running QBs, Jackson will join those three as the lesser QBs in the AFC.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The old AFL used to be pretty exciting with Namath, Lamonica, Fouts, and Dawson.

RPOZ51, Jets79, Losmeister and 2 others like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, I was just thinking that the new NFL has "returned" to the formula of the old AFL. That was a much more exciting style of football, and while we won't really see a return to a lot of 55-52 score lines because there's more talent - especially on "D" now - we are seeing much more offense, and that's what most fans want to see.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hell to the no.

The AFC was way more exciting back in the day.

The NFL has homogenized the product on & off the field.

[​IMG]

RPOZ51 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, but technically DWC might be right in stating the AFC is the most exciting it's ever been since it was the AFL that had all that wide open play. When the AFL merged with the NFL it was like they were made to promise to drop all that exciting play and swear allegiance to the "Dfense Wins Championships" mantra.

Acad23 likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

This thread wasn't created about the AFC East.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This thread shouldn't even be in this forum...

All rules are off!!!!

Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We will eventually be talking about more than half of these quarterbacks like we do Kirk Cousins and Tannehill - veteran middle of the road guys.

The majority of them are too young to really have a true opinion of. Even Allen has only had one great season (year two was solid though given H
    his running production).

I could care less if we had @abyzmul slinging passes out there. I'm just happy football is almost back.

#12 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Snatch Catch and PJ4Ever like this.
  13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Tua? Mac Jones? relax

bicketybam and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Good luck to your boy, Tua. I think he flames out. You can always jump to TB like you did from the Mets.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was never even a baseball fan in Queens at 13-14 years old I created my Rays thread in 2008 before we ever even made the playoffs for the 1st time ever. In Queens it was only Knicks and Jets for me.

You? You jumped ship to the Yankees and before you were even born they already had 20+ World Series Championships lol you're a FAKE baseball fan.

And I only posted in the Mets thread because I seen you as a Yankees "fan" mushing longtime suffering Mets fans face in losing. As if they needed YOU to remind them.

Jets - 1969.
    Knicks - 1973.
    Rays- Never.

Yeah. Right. I really need to root for a winning team to love my favorite teams.

You're just butthurt how my Rays eliminated your Yankee$$$ in the playoffs last year and your bitter how an underdog Rays franchise is better than your billionaire Yankees payroll again this year because my team is fun to root for due to an A+ Front Office and an A+ Farm System. And yours is boring.

You haven't even experienced 10 losing seasons as a NYY fan so plz stop acting like some "super baseball fan" and I created this thread to have fun about AFC QBs not to interact with you who's angry and bitter and twice my freaking age lol :D

PS: If the Yankees miss the playoffs I'm going to do to you what you do to innocent Mets fans :eek:

#15 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  16. bicketybam

Go Dolphins, fuckhead.

Jets69 likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

His footwork is all kinds of fucked up... :confused:

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Can you quote a post that you've ever made before your favorite baseball team didn't already have 20+ World Championships?

PS: I dislike all Football teams outside my Jets and I'll never apologize for my grandma buying me a Dolphins Jersey as a welcome to Florida when she never knew anything about "Football Rivalries" and I may dislike the team but I love that Jersey because not only do I love her more than any sports team but it's a memory of her that I'll never throw away. I'll always wear it on her birthday too. And in that picture I also had a Cincinnati Reds hat on does that make me a Reds fan too? lol.

Look man. You're twice my age. And the other day you attacked me for "needing medicine" and why, all because I post as a Jets fan all in good nature? Maybe you should take your own advice because you seem very angry, bitter and a miserable man too.

I created this thread to talk about how exciting our AFC Conference is due to all these younger QBs and I'm an idiot for ever responding to you please seek help man.

19. bicketybam

Go Dolphins. Should have picked the Bucs.

Jets69 likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah but mahomes, watson, herbert could be as good as when the AFC had manning, brady, ben, and rivers. if half of the other young ones pop off it can be brutal. With that said I never liked tua as a prospect and he's done nothing to make me think otherwise yet but the rest have some pretty good potential