London baby.... (Jets in London on October 10th against the Falcons)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UKGangGreen, May 12, 2021.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

All very true, and I would still be a fan of the New York Jets.

Brook! and donkey like this.
  2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Without a doubt. My 40th year next year.

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  3. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Managed to get a ticket block 108. Very much looking forward to it - I was at the Dolphins game last time and the same outcome would do very nicely.

I actually don’t think there will be a team here in London. I think the they’ve looked at it over and over again and just can’t make it work. I think the expansion of the international games to Germany and other markets is much more likely.

4. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

If it’s not working in Jacksonville and hasn’t in other US cities to native audiences why would it work better in London?

I know that and have been to both stadiums. My point is not about demand. It is that multiple groups of tickets have appeared on Ticketmaster or Viagogo resale sites within 24hrs at three times face value. Clearly acquired by people/agencies with no intention of going. The practice of inflated resale is supposed to be illegal here yet it persists. There are means of connecting the purchase with the attendees to avoid this. But it has not been applied. The NFL is culpable, they know it but don’t give a shit. They can get fucked.

#84 UK_Chilts, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  5. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Sadly you're not wrong.

Pay per view took it away from the general uk public but thankfully the internet and dodgy streaming channels has allowed us uk old timers to actually be better informed than ever before as we can see many more games of the teams we actually support rather than what the uk tv bods decided to show us.

So the UK fanbase is still very loyal to the teams they started following in the 80s and not likely to change that loyalty even for a local franchise

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

In an unexpected development I’ve scored five tickets together for the game. A mate has got them for me. This means I can go with my two sons-in-law who come with me to Jets games in New York when we travel over and a couple of their friends are coming too.

No thanks to the NFL ticketing arrangements which remain a mess but least we’re in.

I’m now looking forward to it and am getting giddy about seeing our quarterback.

Brook! likes this.