London baby.... (Jets in London on October 10th against the Falcons)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UKGangGreen, May 12, 2021.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Nice. You went for the executive option then I take it.

donkey likes this.
  2. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Same here, tickets secured.
    Now just hoping that Covid doesn't fuck this up.

Brook! likes this.
  3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Yeah. I couldn't take the risk. I'll regret missing the game more than the £250. Mind you the car just had new breaks and the insurance is due this month. My credit card needs to be very strong.

MoWilkBeast and Brook! like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

donkey

How are the secondary ticket sales over there? Can I find ticket if I make the trip last minute without paying an arm and a leg?

5. Munter

Munter Member

Got my tickets today as well. With the planned visit to MetLife looking unlikely this year due to Covid enforced travel restrictions I thought screw it let’s get the premium seats and take the kids!

It will be their first jets game so no doubt the Falcons will blow us away and they’ll hate football and the jets forever. Still on the bright side we’ll have a great view of the disaster as the ship goes down and some lunch included!

In terms of the secondary market you’ll no doubt be able to buy last minute but I expect prices will be high - higher than face value anyway. These games would fill Wembley at 90,000 so with a third less seats demand will be high. Good luck Brook and hope you’re feeling better.

FinnishJET and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks my friend. Enjoy the game with your kids. And don't worry if your kids turn out not liking the Jets. My teenage sons are both Giants fans. Doesn't bother me one bit other than I have to take them to a Giants game once a year.

Munter likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

If you're prepared to the the risk you can wait until the Sunday morning and get one on Stubhub. I've done that in the past. About £10 for the ticket!

Brook! likes this.
  9. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Well I got me a ticket. Crappy low down view but I'll be there. Was worried when the website said 37,772 people waiting in front of me in the queue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brook!, donkey and FinnishJET like this.
  10. Kevin Randall

Kevin Randall Member

Got my ticket today after a 3 hour wait in the on-line queue. Only single seats left when I got mine, her indoors will have to miss this time. She's taking it surprisingly well...

donkey likes this.
  11. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I could get a single ticket but cannot get ones where I can sit with my sons-in-law.

Ironic that we have been to New Jersey several times to watch The Jets but can’t get tickets for a game 40 miles from our house.

I see they are already on the resale market at a three fold markup. We may land up going through that route. Otherwise will watch on TV.

Well done NFL. Great job.

Brook! and Leicester Jet like this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe I nearly forgot about this. I signed up right away to get alerts and I've received nothing, so it sort of slipped my mind. I just looked at the NFL site and saw that tickets were on sale and managed to grab one! Block 418. I have no idea if that's any good, but it looks like it will be quite high up so the view should be pretty good - it's mostly the atmosphere I'll be there for anyway - I can watch the TV broadcast later (if we win!)

Brook! and FinnishJET like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The way it usually works in the US is the lower you are the better view of the field you have. Almost sounds like the opposite here, I can't imagine our stadium architecture is that different from London though.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Do any of you Brits feel the interest for NFL football is legit enough in the U.K. to have a new franchise there? How do the Bookies like it ? Heh ..These games have been a nice distraction from the usual schedule but only the Jags owner was ready to start a NFL club there right?

15. ukjetsfan

I know I was quite high up at Wembley six years ago and the view was good. I will be lower down this time so I'm hoping for a best-of-both-worlds sort of deal - a view of the whole field but no nosebleed.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. ukjetsfan

Interest in the NFL is legit here, but everyone already has a team, and very few would switch to support a London franchise. You just don't switch teams. So the London team would be unloved. And it would sound wrong as well. I hope it never happens.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No. It would be a well-attended curiosity for a few years but would evenutally fizzle out (as per NFL Europe). The games being largely on pay-per-view have stopped any general national awareness of the NFL so it remains the interest of a bunch of middle-aged old fucks that started watching it on free-to-air channels back in 1983-86. Keep an eye on the crowd for the October game - they'll all be balding, fat bastards with asthma inhalers - and I'll be one of them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I know someone who just returned from the UK to visit parents and he was routinely tested for COVID before and when he was on Vacation. They take Health seriously over the Pond so you will be in good hands.

19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

It's possible, but the mistake the NFL WILL make is that they will make it a London franchise and expect support from all over the UK, which won't happen. London is as popular in the UK as NYC is in the US. I say this as a proud Londoner, too.

If it's to succeed, they need to move the matches around the county. Games at Tottenham sure, but also Cardiff, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle. I'm not sure if there's a stadium in the Midlands big enough (Villa Park seems most likely). Oh, and they need a British not London name.

20. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

And they moved the games from Wembley - 80,000 capacity - to Tottenhams new stadium - 62,850 capacity - so demand was always going to outstrip supply.

Very shortsighted if they want to increase interest in the NFL in the UK!

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.