Vinny Curry done for the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

as a long time Jets fan I can't ever remember great and edge/pass rush being used in the same sentence

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Which makes all these injuries that much more annoying. We really had the potential to be a great pass rushing team.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

How do you sue a team for a blood disorder that they discovered and then saved your life?
    What better treatment?
    There was no malpractice.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wonder if he could sue the eagles for not catching it. like the skins did to trent

NCJetsfan and LF911SC like this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

ya--either the Eagles and all his other doctors missed it and the NYJ caught it, or it was a false positive. In any case he's telling us he followed the NYJ docs and therefore is entitled to receive full contract value. That was my point as I'm interested in how the contract is going to play out.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Speaking of his previous tenure with the Eagles, it may just be happenstance but this announcement happening while the Jets are practicing with Philly is kind of an oddly timed coincidence.

7. GasedAndConfused

he's paid very little. i doubt the jets opt not to pay him or make it a thing

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--good chance u are right like u often are. I just think its an interesting situation from a contract law perspective and it could spiral into something. Just personal interest.

For example, are we to believe that the jets signed him with no provision for passing a physical? Just give him 1.2mm and hope for the best? Maybe they did.

Then Curry's statement piqued my interest even more--in it he describes a situation whereby it appears NYJ would have to cover the contract in case there was any doubt. Not sure why he published this personal statement for the world to see.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you are definitely jaded if you think that statement in any way, shape or form conveys anything about his contract money or suing for malpractice. That's not reading between the lines, but rather just making up stuff.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We are weak at LB outside of Mosley as well.

HAVE to start making moves now. I'd start with KJ Wright, and then begin kicking tires at OLB/DE options.

12. GasedAndConfused

it's only a 1.3 mil contract and 1.075 is guaranteed. so we could only argue a case for maybe 225k at best. not worth it to get a bad rep to prospective free agents and possibly upset players on the team. JD has a good rep for caring about his guys as does saleh. wouldn't want to ruin that over what is essentially pennies so it's not even anything worth looking into.

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I dont know if there was a provision for passing a physical, I would think thats a given. No one is talking about the contract implications because quite frankly their of little consequence. He health, his life etc are more important and lets face it, its not like he has a long term, big money deal

NCJetsfan likes this.