Season Ticket Holders Screwed Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by killapete3, Aug 23, 2021.

1. killapete3

killapete3 New Member

I don't know if any of you other season ticket holders have noticed, but the Jets are essentially prohibiting us from selling later season games if we are on an auto-payment plan. Personally, I can not afford to shell out the cost of season tickets in one shot. I have always been in the auto-payment plan. I moved away from the city but go to as many games as I can. I kept the tickets to keep a family tradition going. Like many of us, I have never made money on these tickets. The the thought that any season ticket holder could is laughable.

The Jets are not treating these auto-payments, now broken up in 9 installments, as games paid for. As if we were buying each game individually, instead of a payment plan. This makes no sense logically since games are priced "dynamically" and we pay in equal installments. I couldn't sell any games after the 5th home game. This has never been the case and I have been in an auto-payment plan for 12 years. I wrote the Jets to ask what was going on:

"Hello,

My tickets are on an automatic payment plan. My payments on the plan are
    current from what I can see. I sell most of my Jets tickets as I do not
    live in NY right now and can only go to a few games a year. I listed
    several games and then couldn’t anymore. It said I had to pay an unpaid
    invoice. Is there a new limit on how many games we can sell if we are not
    finished with the automatic payments?"

They responded with the following:

"Thank you for your email. You will only be able to post/resell tickets that are paid in full. Right now, you are able to post tickets through the Buffalo Bills game.
    Should you have any additional questions, please let us know."

This is another slap in the face to the blue collar Jets fan. As we all know it gets harder to sell games as the season drags on and the losses pile up. Only way to get close to face is to sell early. Doesn't matter if you are current on your payments, they consider the auto-payments you have yet to pay as unpaid games. So you can sell your own tickets despite having your very own shiny "license" to the seats. This is the last straw for me, if the policy doesn't change back to the way it was, I'm dropping the tickets. I got them 12 years ago when I got back from Iraq with another veteran, we've had some great times, but they don't care about the fans. All lip service.

horsehead, abyzmul, papapump and 8 others like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow that’s shameful. Woody Johnson just wants his rich friends at the games. What a poorly run organization.

It’s yet another reminder that if we didn’t grow up with this team it would be an easy decision to walk away

papapump, dawinner127, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Sad that this is your first post. My dad made a wise decision and gave up our season tickets when the new stadium opened and psls became a thing.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey bud. First off, thanks for your service. I am a fellow season ticket holder. I paid my invoice in full as it was a upper deck seat and was cheap. But what Jets did here is wrong. Shame on them.

@jetophile

Please don’t hold back and go for it against Johnson brothers

papapump, Noam and barfolomew like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Killapete! That is definitely bogus.

Welcome to the board, and thank you for your service to our country and citizens of the world.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. killapete3

killapete3 New Member

Thanks dudes. I've been following the forums a long time but not much of a poster. I actually wrote one of the contributors back in 2010, I had bought the PSLs and one of the snake oil sales pitches was that we would get pre-sale to all events. Well they didn't give us pre-sale to Springsteen or any other hard to get show. One of the writers wrote about it and it got changed.

What gets me more than anything is no notification of a change in policy, no new agreement to acknowledge or sign. This stipulation isn't actually in any of their written terms or policies or agreements. They just did this on their own, without telling me and given me time to plan.

papapump, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sounds like a case for the Consumer Affairs division of the state Attorney General's office. You can probably file a complaint online.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was going to say. If you really feel like going down the rabbit hole of pissing contests (I feel you if you do or don't as I too am sometimes in the mood to do it), you should file some sort of complaint as RaleBird alluded to below.

That's a bunch of bullshit. Thank you for your service + welcome to the board, my friend.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

@killapete3 That is some lame ass shit! They should let people sell the tickets regardless. A ticket sold is a fan in the seat. A fan will more than likely buy their overpriced concessions which is worth more to them then the ticket itself right? They probably make a killing on beer sales alone.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is how American sports franchises treat their fans: like garbage. Having said that, couldn't you just dump the season tickets and go to a couple of games/year? Going to a game is such a big time consumer anyway. You could sit at home or go to a Jets friendly bar or restaurant to watch.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. barfolomew

Get rid of the tickets if they are costing you too much. You could buy yourself a nice tv for probably less than 1/8 what the tickets cost.

NCJetsfan and dmw like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of season tickets and buying a high end 65' TV and purchasing 2 games from Stubhub after the September heat but before the December cold is the best thing I've ever done. And if they ever get good I'll pay a little more and go to more games. Still ahead of the game with the pre-season and pre paid parking. Trust me, you won't miss it. STH for 37 years (1981-2016)

dmw, Poeman, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My dad + uncle split tickets for 15 years while I reaped the benefits of going to tons of games. They did this very same thing when they built the new stadium and shoved PSL's as a profit making scheme for season tickets holder right down their throats.

If you go online, you can get tickets to any game in most any section for equal to or sometimes below face value depending on how bad they are. If you want to go to every game, you still can, without being tied down by a lump sum or rolling payment plan every year.

Brook! and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  14. barfolomew

Amen brotha!

Brook! likes this.
  15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was a season ticket holder up until 2014 and still go to more than half the games since I live nearby. I was not aware of the ticket payment plan as you've described it. My first thought reading your complaint was, "why wouldn't the Jets want ticket buyers to be able to reap some extra money that ultimately would be used to payoff their customers Jets invoices?" But, I suppose it's another tiny effort to thin the secondary market of tickets which REALLY has hurt the PSL market and also, their ability to raise their own ticket prices to sell to non-PSL prisoners. (The "P" in PSL should stand for "Prisoner")

Over the years we keen observers of the Johnson's marketing tactics have seen many, and I guess they are still finding new ones in the Florham Park R&D department. One of my faves was using the false idea of severely limited parking spots while the current stadium was being built in order to institute the color coded parking pass system which THEN was used as a way to strong-arm sales tactics of PSL's. All because they realized how much we enjoyed tailgating. Maybe this was Chris Johnson's idea, which led to his promotion once the Wood-Yi left for the UK.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

#16 Acad23, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would never buy season tickets to the Jets so I wouldn't know. If you "bought in" to a PSL is it as easy to get out as saying "not this year, thanks" or are you kinda trapped into an agreement?

thanks to anyone who wants to answer

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't see the harm in letting someone list those tickets for sale as long as the sale price covered what was owed on the seat and when the ticket sells the Jets keep what is owed and forward the season ticket holder the rest (if sold for more than face value.)

19. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Sorry to hear about your issue. I've always thought about season tickets and maybe I can finally afford them.

How much do you pay? What area are the seats? Can I buy season tickets?

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This...all of this