Jarrad Davis out two months with ankle injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Aug 23, 2021.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Agree, go get KJ! We have plenty of cap for 1 yr deal. He is top 100 player and tackling machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Saleh said Jamien Sherwood will be stepping up to start. 2 rookie converted safeties starting in the LB corps. That would give Rex a stroke.

4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I heard all the talk about us having a potentially great D this year before the injuries….wasn’t buying into it full bore just because we are so young especially in the secondary. Now with Lawson out all year and Davis out for 6 games or so, I am super concerned about our D. We were giving up drives in practice to second and third strangers, and in the game, we made their 3rd string QB look like a quality starter…maybe true but I’m betting our D is not as good as we were hoping it would be.

now, with the injuries and the youth it’ll be a rough go I think…our run D was awful on Saturday, and our pass rush without Lawson and Q was nonexistent.

ipwe will definitely have some growing pains on D this year, and hopefully the young guys at LB and in the secondary will step up, and I do think it would be a good idea to bring in pass rush help….don’t know who would be a good fit but we need a body or two.

and as far as Lawson, Achilles is a tough injury….it just impacts explosiveness which was key for him. He may NEVER come back at all, let alone come back to form. I read that article showing that about 25% of Achilles injured players never came back… not sure on the details or specifics but it’s a tough injury for a player that relies on explosive “get off”

that one truly sucked….he was dominating in camp and now will not play a down this year…brutal luck

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

are the nimwits gonna start w/ how Saleh's fitness guys are bad cos we are getting injuries?

i hate that BS with a passion...

so don't even!

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What happened to the effort to avoid injuries? The answer is that football is a dangerous, violent game and players get injured.

cval likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Signing Wright is a must.
    The LB depth was shit to begin with, and I don’t want to hear about starting 2 rookie Safeties.
    When we play Nickel, which will be most of the time, it requires two actual ILBs.

Sack exchange likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it will take a year for the new training and conditioning guys work to really bear fruit. I may be mistaken, but don't think they were hired until March or April so may have missed opportunities to make a real difference this year.

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

leave off... its a BS argument that EVERY team uses, badly... its random live with it

10. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I agree with you, we have little to no depth now. Got to give the young guys some time to grow. If not, they are inexperienced and undersized. I think in time they will pan out, but I would get wright for this year. Or it may get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Sack exchange, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Wright is a high character locker room guy. If he comes in for a year that would benefit the young players in the long term.

NCJetsfan and BacktoQueens like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I guess cashman is done here if 2 rookies get the nod over him.

wewantsapp and abyzmul like this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I love the energy 44 and 45 bring--Let them learn on the job. Exciting!