Carl Lawson Out For Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 19, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree! Beasley sucks! He had one season with double digit sacks, and that was his second season. The rest of his career he has had 4, 5, 5, 8, and 0. His injury history has been about as bad as Lawson's.

As far as Curry being old, even at 32-33 last season he had 3 sacks in 11 games while Beasley had 0 in 10 games.

PJ4Ever, Jets69 and Noam like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Man we really are cursed. Our prized FA DE goes out for the year in practice before taking a snap and our QB coach to our rookie QB dies in a freak bicycle accident. It's like never ending.

jackie1013, Jets79, KingRoach and 5 others like this.
  3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

You did read the "if he's right" portion, correct? There is a reason he's been on several teams lately. "IF" he's right he's the only pass rushing DE I know of from the FA list that isn't near retirement. Huff sucked last year, TC doesn't mean anything to me I've seen too many TC stars going up against people bagging groceries when the season starts. If he plays well when the lights come on, great, until then I only consider what he did last year. I think you need a margarita to calm down... ; )

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

sad sad news

oh well.

next man up.

we're Jet fans we oughtta be tougher than most.

jackie1013, Mr mittens and Noam like this.
  5. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Jonathan Franklin Meyers is gonna get a huge opportunity now. Hope he’s ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

we're not allowed to have nice things.

KingRoach, RPOZ51 and Noam like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

As much as this sucks, we are going to need him more in 2022 and 2023. So if this only happens once then it's probably the best timing you could ask for.

The Jets definitely need to grab a couple of EDGEs the draft next year though. They have to assume that chicken isn't gonna hatch.

8. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This sucks--no two ways about it. This is no ones fault. I suppose one could argue he had an injury history, but all players have risks. Look at the Bosa brothers for example...elite WHEN healthy.

This season successes still is based on two things:

1. Does Zach Wilson improve as season goes on and project as an elite QB
    2. Does Rob Saleh develop the talent at his disposal and have the team playing above what's on paper

If these two things prove to be true then the future is bright. Besides the QB, it's never about just one player.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Lawson's deal is significantly more manageable; the Jets have an out after next season as it's only a 3 year deal.

Mosley's contract is a monstrosity.

10. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

This is soooooooooooo fucking Jets.

jackie1013, Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thank you. The best and most level headed post I have seen since the injury.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Freak injuries happen. That is football. It really sucks, but no one is to blame here. Including the Jets history. Bad luck.

People are saying Lawson's contract is bad now. I don't like that argument either. Joe Douglas made a strong move and signed a pass rusher for the Jets. He tore his Achilles. It's unfortunate, but the goal at signing made sense. Lawson was showing the Jets likely were getting their money's worth, if not more, and then this happened. Also, if he does not recover, the contract comes off the books after next season. Low risk really.

I also disagree with people saying the Jets should not sign a vet. They should. There is a difference between letting young players learn, and holding the team back. They still have 2 pre-season games to see what they are working with, but signing one of those veterans makes sense to me.

Bottom line: Big loss for the Jets. Get well soon, Carl. Hope you make a full recovery and beast out in 2022, as I expected him to do this season.

13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

“The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”

NCJetsfan and Baumeister like this.
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

On the bright side, Becton will probably start to look a lot better in practice.;)

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He already looks much skinnier.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Terrible news. Feel really bad for Lawson. I thought he was going to have a big season for us.

On the other hand, I can't say I'm surprised by this, though. It's the Jets. We're not allowed to have anything nice.

jackie1013 and Jets79 like this.
  17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

He's trying to make Carolina Panthers roster. I think he got a sack first preseason game.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We need to get past that empty feeling in the pit of our collective stomachs. Lawson was doing so good we started looking to our D-Line to power our team this season, 'maybe even to the playoffs!!!'.

But we have several shiny new toys to watch. Losing Lawson gives 500 D-snaps to our young guys, many already named in this thread. That's 500 chances for a NEW Lawson to emerge on the scene. Losing Lawson puts even MORE pressure on our backfield. Soooo....the whole steel sharpens steel thing.....

2022 will be even better now. Those extra D-snaps this year will produce and even deeper dline for next year. Our D-backs will be even more tested, and will better in 2022 because of it. CJ Mosley will have this year to shake off the 2-yr-thick-rust. He'll be primed to go in 2022, along with Lawson. Our 2022 D could end up being top 10, or even better.

With our 2021 D being avg at best, we can focus our attention on the other aspects of our team....like our new coaching staff. Seeing Saleh on the sidelines will be so refreshing after 5 years of Bowles/Gase.

How good a play caller will Mike LaFleur be? He's a rookie in his own right, to 2021 will be fun to watch his growth.

Rookie Zack taking his lumps and leading the Jets to a few great wins. How good will he be, really???. AVT playing next to Becton...and how will Becton develop his 2nd season? Will Moses continue to dominate? Who'll win the RG battle?

How good can our WR class be? How many snaps will Elijah Moore get? Will Elijah shine? Will Mims develop into a solid #2?

We still have 95% of our team to cheer for. And Lawson coming back this time next year will be the icing on the cake!

19. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

but Seriously huff can take his spot Especially with the inside push from are tackles on inside our ends will still Produce with our Lawson. We would of been scary with him but with out will die fine

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

This is a great point.

Least we all forget......week two last season against Jets, 28 San Fran defensive players were carted off and still Salah had whatever was left embarass our offense, Gase genius playcalling be damned.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.