Ignorant and Idiot Cowherd's take on Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Aug 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think Alex Smith's case is pretty much proof of this. Not to say he ended up being a superstar (nearly an MVP though), but he had I believe it's seven new systems and coaching combinations in seven years. Benched, started, benched, started, for years. And he ended up making it.

That's why it was so mind blowing to see all the Darnold defenses the past year and a half.

REVISion likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Damn you, I had to press reveal hidden content to see who you were admonishing :rolleyes:

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Ok. Well the point of what Colin is doing is to try to predict which of the first round qbs will fit into the statistical categories of star, rocky, and bust. He is looking at a rookie coaching staff and submitting that’s not as good as the other coaching staffs who have accomplished something. He’s not saying Sala won’t be the best of all the coaches, he may be. He’s just predicting based on the data he has at the moment, which is a reasonable guess. That’s all

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

"So, you don't think I can ruin young QBs, eh?"

[​IMG]

Right now there is a high school QB whose future is going down the toilet.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  5. K'OB

You still chat too much shit and think you know what Jets fans are thinking, you don't btw.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

not to be that guy but the thread title is written in very poor English. Anyhoooo, Why do so many people get upset about what the talking heads say? He has hours a day to fill wiht material all designed to get people to watch and react. Secondly, he doesnt know anything about football

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

That high school thing was fake right?

8. Bills over Jets

Im not saying I know what jets fans are thinking, I’m saying it’s going to be difficult to know after the year how good or bad Wilson is because the jets don’t have much around him

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is actually an underrated aspect of this whole thing. If you have to do 3 hours of solo talk radio per day you're going to say a lot of dumb shit, it's just not possible to fill that much airtime with nothing but quality, nuanced, smart takes.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think Smith is proof good coaching can fix or salvage QBs. I don’t think he’s a potential ruined case. He was bad early. He contributed to those change in systems by being so bad and getting guys fired.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I worked that show since it's inception.

"Nuance" was never on the script... :confused:

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You don't think they have a decent set of receivers for h to throw to? They have a decent set of backs as well and the line should be improved. I think you are vastly underestimating the talent the Jets have.

13. REVISion

I used to think Cowherd was one of the sharper radio/media guys when it came to football, he had a couple really good gambling years with his Blazing Five picks. Lately though it seems he's gone off the deep end.

sec314 likes this.
  14. K'OB

You said Jets fans want success now, do you actually think we are that idiotic to believe this season is anything other than a learning year?

Again you dismiss the surrounding cast, we have probably improved the WR corp and RB's no end with our new signings/draftees how you can't look at them and think they are vastly improved is your own bizarre outlook.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  15. REVISion

This is the most talent we've had on offense since the Decker/Marshall years. If Wilson flops it'll be Wilson's fault. I'm expecting some early growing pains as with any rookie QB but if Wilson hasn't put it together by year 3 there should be no excuses.

Honestly our receiving corps is deeper than it was even when Decker/Marshall were here. The group is not as good at the very top as it was then but it's definitely much deeper. There's not much drop off between our top 1-2 WR's and the 2-3 guys after them on the depth chart.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. Just curious.

What Buffalo forum do you post on?

And what is your username over there?

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There is a message system for things like this.

18. Bills over Jets

I do think they are "decent" but that's it. The jets have a bunch of 2/3 guys, but no 1. I like Crowder, Davis and Moore as "decent" guys but I dont think there's an alpha, and there's a ceiling on how high the QB's will ascend if there's not a legit #1. The best QB's are Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Allen, etc and rising QB's like Murray and Herbert. They each have Hill, Adams, Evans, Diggs, Hopkins and Allen. Jets dont have a guy. The jets have some decent 2/3 receivers, but no 1. And also dont have a TE or RB to speak of, and that's not good.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wow. That’s quite impressive how much you know about us. On the other side of the spectrum, I don’t know what BUF has or care.

#79 legler82, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  20. Bills over Jets

Lol what are you so upset about? It’s like if I say the jets team is bad you think I’m saying you’re bad lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.