Players & Position Battles to Watch in TC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say MUCH better. In fact, they were probably interchangeable on most teams boards.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t think mims will be cut for Smith but I also think v Smith makes it and we may carry 7 for a bit . Also I wouldn’t be shocked at all if another team called to see what they are doing with mims and he is shipped out. We’ll see what happens. Funny things is these types of situations find a way to sort themselves out, usually through injury.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I think Crowder likely gone next year, unless Cole gets injured or has a meh season, I expect the Jets to extend/re-sign him. Supposedly, they love him, and I think that's for good reason. Even if Mims develops into a top WR by the end of the season, I'd still be in favor of keeping Cole. We'll have the cap space, and he would keep our WR corps deep and strong.

joelip likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

You may be right. I either got Mims mixed up with another player, missed some draft/scouting profiles/reports, or had forgotten, but when responding to a ColoradoContrails post, I went back and re-read a couple of draft profiles, and Mims had a lot more negative than I remember.

I remember seeing both play, however, and thought that Mims was better, but part of that could have been the schemes and QBs involved.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Cole plays special teams too, pretty solid there as well.

joelip and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Thanks, I didn't realize that Cole plays STs too. That's even more reason to keep him.

7. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

I remember being impressed by Cole last season the little I saw of Jacksonville.
    I think he was a great signing and I will be disappointed if he isn’t here for more than 1 season.

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.