Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this is how an ignore list is built

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Another empty page.

K'OB likes this.
  3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I think we all need to settle down about Wilson I wouldn’t have gotten too excited if he had Lit up the green and white scrimmage … I’m waiting for the middle to later in the season when the real bullets fly to get a feel for what ALL the players and coaches are…I wasn’t a big fan of drafting Wilson but he’s here now let’s give the kid a chance …IMO the #1 thing!! establish a running game and not put pressure on Wilson to sling the ball all over the field….let the players AND coaches grow into the job

Jets81, cval, FJF and 3 others like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

My problem with your assessment is your "gut feeling" is coming after the first damn week of practice and one green and white scrimmage. I mean, that in itself is fuckin ridiculous one way or the other. If people were on here saying Zach Wilson is the next Peyton Manning after lighting it up in a damn scrimmage I would be saying the same thing. It's absurd to rule that the Jets are going to be the same disappointing team and that we are going to be sorry for drafting Wilson after one week in training camp.

I am in no way saying Wilson is the next Mahomes, although it is possible and I see a lot of similarities. But this was in training camp when Mahomes was given the starting role:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nf...e-struggles-don-t-worry-reid-0ap3000000934448

His first big test in camp he went 7-12 with an INT.

The fact that Wilson struggled in a scrimmage is part of the learning process as a rookie. It shouldn't be looked at more than just that

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He’s also looked great in multiple training camp sessions. It’s almost like he’s a rookie or something

KY Jets Fan, Borat, FJF and 3 others like this.
  6. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Hey folks! Best time of year, start of football w/ baseball playoffs right around the corner! We've got a very promising rookie QB, influx of talent and what looks to be a great coach and GM all at the same time. When have we had that last?? Great time to be a Jets fan. Deep breath, exhale, take one more, let it out...Then look up Peyton Manning's first year stats, when done then google Troy Aikman's first year stats...in fact, google everyone's first year stats except Dan Marino and let's be realistic about our expectations for Wilson in his very first year w/ the team, which is also his first year starting in the NFL. Let's remember that the Jets didn't get the #2 pick in the draft for nothing, they freaking earned it for all the wrong reasons...Let's call this year 1.5 of the rebuild...So Don't Panic...although we don't have any idea how this will turn out, assuming our crystal ball would be used to get the winning lottery numbers vs. looking at Wilson projected stats for 2029...let's just assume it's going to be a bumpy ride this year for Wilson, Lawerence and all the rookie QBs, regardless of how the pre-season looks, and realize if the Jets win 6-7 games this year w/ the young kids flying around and Wilson showing talent, that's a huge win heading into 2022. I think if we set the proper expectations, we'll have a great look for the out years....anything beyond that is a huge bonus.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

On a previous site where I used to post and I think also here, other posters would get mad at me for being so negative. I never understood why. After all, I was just sharing my perspective/opinion. Now I get it. At this time of year, most posters are hopeful and optimistic, this year perhaps more than in a long, long time. No one wants to hear SOJ BS, especially when it isn't based on fact or reality, but on irrational fears or a jaded, cynical, overly negative perspective.

Still those posters need a place to rant and voice their perspective. I'm glad this site can provide that place. The rest of us just need to skip or overlook those posts if they upset us.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My instinct was to avoid this place last night and boy was I correct.

hobgoblin, NCJetsfan, cval and 3 others like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Indeed, but why do they stop all other kinds of posts?
    They can't hate everything Jets, there must be a player that they can praise somewhere but they don't seem to do this, just flat out repeating the same mantra over and over again, like we have forgotten how they feel on the subject.

It is just bizzare, if they mixed in some normal posts then the depressing onslaught would not feel as bad but nope they need to give you a constant reminder of how fucking miserable they are.

10. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I get where you're coming from, if you look at the history of Jets' football related hires, it's not great. Even the times they get a good coach, that person is failed by a bad/incompetent GM or vice versa. But...To just assume history will repeat itself based on one or two things being the same anecdotally may not be the best way to predict the outcome. I think the difference here is that for the first time, maybe ever, external/reputable sources have said we nailed the GM and Coach hire. If we trust that to be true, and give this process a bit of time, I think we can finally have faith that the football related decisions being made for this team are solid...Hopefully, this component football leadership will break the trend you mentioned.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Fire JD!!!

FJF and bicketybam like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

I just saw the videos of both interceptions. One was a bad pass that was tipped but up in the air which always ends poorly. The other throw would have never even happened in a game. Someone got around the right side in about two seconds flat and would have had the sack on Wilson and that throw would have never left his hands.

i’m not worried in the slightest for starters, but if there was something I had to “worry“ about it would be the timing and accuracy based off some of those tweets from last night.

Noam and hermshadit like this.
  13. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

The Jets beat Peyton Manning’s Colts in his 3rd game of his career something like 34-3.
    I remember thinking the Jets were lucky not to draft this guy.
    Let’s not be so quick to jump ship with Wilson.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  14. Falco21

Peyton Manning also threw 28 interceptions his rookie year.

It was a damn scrimmage! LOL

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Falco21

Only a Jets fan board can get this amped up after a scrimmage game LOL

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Well said. There should be a place for dissenting and different views. The problem with much of the dissenting Zach views is that it is not based on reality or data but because they made previous posts and are upset that JD did not do what they wanted. Brad argued vehemently that the Jets should keep Sam and because they did not he has led a relentless unhinged attack on everything JD has done including Zach where he already has the conclusion finished and she just needs to cherry pick anything he sees. Hating Zach and JD as well as the Jets appears to have become his life obsession.

Zach might not work out but there is no data or any evidence available right now for one to draw that conclusion the same can be said for the reverse. The time to learn what we have in Zach likely will begin to happen by the end of this year with no real certain judgment until year 3 or 2.

These rants saying Zach is terrible and failing is crazy talk. While there should be room for dissent. The dissent should have a rational basis not just be based on a personal grudge or bias.

#756 Noam, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, we all know that we now live in idiot-world, so the alarms about our rookie QB should be no surprise. My take is, I want Zach challenged HARD in camp and I want him to stay HEALTHY. I got both last night. Because of last night maybe he'll look better in the first preseason game. Or, maybe not. MAYBE it'll take two preseason games...

NCJetsfan, Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a good thing we have you to steer them in the right direction.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  19. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Where did u see video?

20. BroadwayAaron

Michael Nania posted them on Twitter last night but now they are gone. I wonder if he caught shit from someone for posting videos of team drills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.